Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2299
    What about a soft launch?
    You know, a store will hold a soft opening, where it opens unannounced, so they can get the kinks out with a smaller crowd. Then they hold the big grand opening.
    Remember that rumor we heard about a May 17 launch and a June 29 one?
    What if Sprint starts selling the Pre on May 17 or 24 unannounced, telesales only, to see how it goes on a smaller scale, then it cranks up the hype machine and sells it with the big launch at stores in June?
    Had to call Sprint support today because when I went into text messaging my phone (Treo 755p) did a hard reset, and when it came back on, everything was wiped out.

Anyway, between sobs, I asked the 3rd level tech support rep to check on the status of the Pre. He told me to hold on as he checked. He then told me the report shows that it will be available the 3rd or 4th week of May.
    Just kidding! Testing to see how frayed your nerves are
    omg.
    Get a life.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I think it's time that the mods started letting folks know that posting false information is not not only stupid, but that it won't be allowed, and violators should be warned to stop.
    Ban, please.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    sigh...the rollercoaster ride has started to wear thin...all the conflicting dates, the lack of advertising, the paucity of information is enough to bring any of us down....
    It was already posted in the Predictions thread but thanks
    Last edited by Eguy; 05/03/2009 at 02:15 AM.
    Unless somebody got a heart attack and died, it's all just a bit of harmless fun. It takes all types of posts to make a forum.
    I'm not surprised.
    Yea that was out this morning...however it's still just another 'rumor'. There's no substantial evidence to back it up. Until I hear sprint or palm say "The release date for the Palm Pre is ____________", I can't believe any of these rumors without some HARD evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Unless somebody got a heart attack and died, it's all just a bit of harmless fun. It takes all types of posts to make a forum.
    I'd venture to say that no one logs in to the forum looking for, or hoping for, patently false information.
    Yea I say who cares. This thread had me going for a second there. Makes the time pass by and gives us something entertaining.
    Very PC, but he's still a dork.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Why must you toy with me so?
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Man you went about this all wrong. What you needed to do was say that your friend's sister's boyfriend is a pre advocate and he just got an email that said that the pre was canceled.

Then you'd be just as accurate as anything else we know about the pre at this point.
    So I juss talked to my source within sprint and I found out that they are about to start training with the pre in the next couple of weeks. So that may mean the launch is soon. I will try to fill you all in if I get more info.
    Welcome, I appreciate the update.

When you get some more info, come join us here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...eculation.html