Page 69 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2299
    Thanks for the visit Coal!

It's news to this Goat. ANY news is wonderous at this point. I really like SprintGurus by the way.

That Inside Sprint guy has a new post:
    "Palm Pre Release Date Quickie
    30 04 2009

Don’t get all excited(yet). I just wanted to remind folks that are going bananas over the release date of the Palm Pre, and whether it’s too close to ‘this date’ or ‘that event’ or all of the other similar things that are spreading around the world… take a look back at the history of Sprint device releases, and i’m sure you’ll see a pattern, and it’s certainly not by chance that it happens that way. The launch date for devices is generally on a Sunday for retail - but you must also remember that these devices are always available via direct ship channels (i.e. Telesales) on the Thursday before.

I am NOT saying the device will launch on a Sunday, but only if it was to be a standard Sunday launch process, then you could order the device at 6 o’clock Thursday morning, and have it in your hands by Friday afternoon. So keep that in mind when you’re attempting to rule particular days in or out just because some event is either too close or too far away from whatever date you’ve picked.

What I CAN say is that all of our retail stores were assigned product ambassadors who will not only receive a Pre that they will get to keep, but in the email they received, it detailed how many weeks before launch certain things would happen (like being selected as an ambassador, phone shipped, begin demo’ing, etc…) .. so if you know anyone that got one of those emails, then you will come much closer to narrowing down the date "

Anyone has an idea?
    Last edited by patchs; 04/30/2009 at 07:48 AM.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I find this thread strange. Honestly, I had no idea what WWDC is until I saw it on this site... and I love gadgets and have a computer engineering degree. 99% of the people out there have no idea what WWDC is. On June 8, June 9, August 1, whatever, most people will have no idea what Apple is doing. The majority of people get exposure through TV commercials, print ads, and seeing the product in the hands of their friends.

If thousands of Palm users are walking around with Palm Pre phones no June 8 and thousands of Apple fans are talking about pictures from a conference they saw on a Web site... I'm sorry, the majority of people will not suddenly wake up on June 9 as rabid Apple fans.
    I'm not a big Apple fan by any means, but I own an iPod touch and I like it. I also own a Treo Pro and I like it. To be honest, the closer the Pre release date is to the iPhone anouncement, the more likely I am to wait to hear about the iPhone before making a purchase. If they released the Pre on May 17th, that means I have to sit here for 3 weeks without having a REAL reason to not purchase the Pre. If they release the Pre the day before the iPhone anouncement, there's no chance of me buying the Pre on launch day. I think a ton of people are thinking the same as me too. Maybe not so many on these forums since most are die hard Palm, but to the general public. I see people waiting it out and it can't do anything besides hurt Palm/Sprint.
    Anyone know who the ambassador is at their local Sprint store?
    ... ... .. .... ... ... ....

(tha't about how useful any comment i could make would be right now)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ... ... .. .... ... ... ....

(tha't about how useful any comment i could make would be right now)

Is that the release date in morse code? Someone crack it!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVESKI07 View Post
    when I did the translate on google, it says something like 1st half of the year 2009
    In morse code that is
    SSIHSSH
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    In morse code that is
    did you go here? Morse Code Translator
    Nope, the second google result was the winner: Online Conversion - Morse Code Conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNole21 View Post
    Anyone know who the ambassador is at their local Sprint store?
    I know who the one is at my store...trying to get a hold of her.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Anyone want to put in a Prediction or Speculation for the number of 'Thanks' that the person will get who posts the actual release date?
    Nah, that's Braile.
    Here's a Buiness Week article saying that in June the Pre is expected to hit the shelves -- excerpt below page 1 of 2:

"...Sprint, meantime, has the exclusive on the one device that might invite iPhone comparisons: Palm's (PALM) Pre, expected to hit shelves in June."

Full article here:
    AT&T's iPhone Dilemma - BusinessWeek
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I'm not a big Apple fan by any means, but I own an iPod touch and I like it. I also own a Treo Pro and I like it. To be honest, the closer the Pre release date is to the iPhone anouncement, the more likely I am to wait to hear about the iPhone before making a purchase. If they released the Pre on May 17th, that means I have to sit here for 3 weeks without having a REAL reason to not purchase the Pre. If they release the Pre the day before the iPhone anouncement, there's no chance of me buying the Pre on launch day. I think a ton of people are thinking the same as me too. Maybe not so many on these forums since most are die hard Palm, but to the general public. I see people waiting it out and it can't do anything besides hurt Palm/Sprint.
    I think you're confusing people on tech bulletin boards with "the general public."

There are many times when I'm at a pub, at a poker game, at a restaurant watching the NBA playoffs, or the like, and there are 10-20 people present in my extended social circle. Maybe one or two people have smartphones and know a little bit about what is going on. However, even those people have no idea what WWDC is. None of them have heard of the Palm Pre. Only one or two know about iPhone 3.0. The special interest tech blog, bulletin board, twitter following phone geek crowd makes up an extremely small segment of the general population.
    I didn't know what WWDC was before this thread either, but you're wrong about most people having no idea. Apple is the darling of the media. Anything they announce will get wall-to-wall coverage on the nightly news, false claims and all. Even the announcement of 3.0 got covered on the local news, even though there was no product to sell.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I think you're confusing people on tech bulletin boards with "the general public."

There are many times when I'm at a pub, at a poker game, at a restaurant watching the NBA playoffs, or the like, and there are 10-20 people present in my extended social circle. Maybe one or two people have smartphones and know a little bit about what is going on. However, even those people have no idea what WWDC is. None of them have heard of the Palm Pre. Only one or two know about iPhone 3.0. The special interest tech blog, bulletin board, twitter following phone geek crowd makes up an extremely small segment of the general population.
    Yes, I agree with your point. My point was that the general public doesn't know about the things we know about. So if the Pre gets released 3-4 weeks before the new iPhone details are released and people see them around they will say, "Wow, that's awesome, I'm going to go get that." After the iPhone details are released, it is going to be posted all over the web, on the news, etc. Out of every group of 10 friends, even if all of them aren't forum visitors like us, at least 1 of them is going to catch an article somewhere and tell the others about it. Your right, they don't know about the conference that is coming up, which proves my point even more that this Pre needs to get out ASAP, before they even know a new iPhone will be coming out at all. Right now it will just appear as the Pre is the latest and greatest piece of technology and they will just be comparing it to the iphone 3G, which is what Palm/Sprint wants and needs to make this launch successful.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Here is one guy's opinion on why he thinks it will launch on May 26th. Definitely a different viewpoint than what we have been hearing recently...

My Guess for Palm Pre Launch? May 26