Page 68 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2299
    18. All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable;
    when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we
    are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away;
    when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder,
    and crush him.

21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
    If he is in superior strength, evade him.

22. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to
    irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
    If his forces are united, separate them.

24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where
    you are not expected.

25. These military devices, leading to victory,
    must not be divulged beforehand.

26. Now the general who wins a battle makes many
    calculations in his temple ere the battle is fought.
    The general who loses a battle makes but few
    calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations
    lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat:
    how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention
    to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose.

- Sun Tzu - The Art of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    18. All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable;
    when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we
    are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away;
    when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder,
    and crush him.

21. If he is secure at all points, be prepared for him.
    If he is in superior strength, evade him.

22. If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to
    irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.

23. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest.
    If his forces are united, separate them.

24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where
    you are not expected.

25. These military devices, leading to victory,
    must not be divulged beforehand.

26. Now the general who wins a battle makes many
    lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat:
    how much more no calculation at all! It is by attention
    to this point that I can foresee who is likely to win or lose.

- Sun Tzu - The Art of War
    Quoting Sun Tzu means that a thread has officially jumped the shark.

Then again, the entire Pre-occupied world might be jumping the shark, as I write this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Quoting Sun Tzu means that a thread has officially jumped the shark.

Then again, the entire Pre-occupied world might be jumping the shark, as I write this.
    yes, go back and look at the silliness of your own last 100 Pre posts.
    Now the general who wins a battle makes many
    lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat
    Man, I didn't know logical fallacies went back that far. Correlation does not imply causation. Sorry, the geek in me has to nitpick.
    yes, go back and look at the silliness of your own last 100 Pre posts.
    I have 103 posts (104, with this one). So, all but the first 3? Gotcha.
    The only things the Pre has to do are to be profitable to Palm and help Sprint be profitable whether it's through decreased customer loss or more profitable plans. If it does that it means sales will be strong enough to attract more software developers which will create more apps which will attract more customers. Could care less about the iphone, blackberry, android and winmob. Do the above with a solid OS and it's a win. The market is big enough for everyone to play in it, and all it can do is keep all the mfgs on top of their game. Increased competition leads to better products and we all benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by pufftissue View Post
    I think Palm should be focusing their efforts world wide where iphone market share isn't so firmly entrenched like it is in America already. I am willing to bet the proverbial farm that the Pre will be exactly as successful as its Treo line, which is 3rd place at best behind the blackberry and iphone. Much like the Treo Pro enabled Palm to catch up to the HTC phones, the Pre is now playing catchup to the iphone. Catching up won't save Palm. It's got to outdo the iphone, and with the announcement of the iphone OS 3.0, I was like, OH NO. Niche status. That's all the Pre is going to be. Sorry that I'm going to be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Man, I didn't know logical fallacies went back that far. Correlation does not imply causation. Sorry, the geek in me has to nitpick.
    No, I don't believe that his logic is faulty, but rather that he was setting forth a general principle. His thesis is that success generally requires much calculation before the battle. The corollaries from that principle are that usually, if you don't do a lot of calculation, you're going to lose; and if you have lost the battle, then you probably did not do the calculations.

He didn't include words like "generally", "usually" and "probably" because a succinct statement is much more powerful. Accuracy and clarity are somewhat at odds with each other.
    Ok so I clicked on this thread titled "june 7 is no go & announcement soon?" and got really excited about it. To the OP, I hope this is true! Let's just hope the stock is enough to fill all requests. Didn't know how this turned into a discussion about Sun Tzu LOL
    i think the Pre should have at least a month headstart on the new iphone.
    I am sick of all this non-sense. Just some info pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease??????????????
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    i just remember that twitter from someone last week, before the ups rumor surfaced that said that were two potential release windows, and after this week it seems that tweet may have actually had some validity (as opposed to that "tester" who said april 30th). this guy said one window was around june 7th, which seems to be accurate based on the ups and the viral ad knowledge; and another window that he couldn't talk about, which i presume, that would be before june 7th (because if june 7th was the first window, he'd be more secretive about that)...so I'm still hopefully for may 24th or 31st release
    What do you guys and gals think would be a good time to announce the release date? 1/2/3 weeks notice?

I think 2 weeks should be good, no?
    Just got off the phone with Sprint retentions (yeah yeah it's one of those posts) and the rep told me that their original target dates of Feb and March were not met because of too many bugs and original demand estimates were only at 250,000. Apparently they did not expect (I don't know how they would think this) that over a million people would call and ask for the phone. So according to this guy it was a combination of making sure bugs were fixed and ramping up production to make sure they can meet demand - and that they are still shooting for May 17th if all the testers can agree that the current bugs are not "show stoppers" (ie can be fixed by the time of release or immediate over the air update)
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Just got off the phone with Sprint retentions (yeah yeah it's one of those posts) and the rep told me that their original target dates of Feb and March were not met because of too many bugs and original demand estimates were only at 250,000. Apparently they did not expect (I don't know how they would think this) that over a million people would call and ask for the phone. So according to this guy it was a combination of making sure bugs were fixed and ramping up production to make sure they can meet demand - and that they are still shooting for May 17th if all the testers can agree that the current bugs are not "show stoppers" (ie can be fixed by the time of release or immediate over the air update)
    Sounds like that sprint retentions guy reads this forum too, and made all these assumptions based on what he's read. Just my guess though cause I doubt he had any clue what was going on in Feb and March.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    What do you guys and gals think would be a good time to announce the release date? 1/2/3 weeks notice?

I think 2 weeks should be good, no?
    Feb 2009.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Maybe predictions but it's stil to hear additional news. (4 Pro's & waiting on my 2 Pre's).
    PREDICTION - May 1 Announcement of a May 17 Launch.
    PREDICTION - May 1 Announcement of a May 17 Launch.
    Launch is right on prediction, as for announcement i am not sure. I do know soon though.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Well, I love to see the people react to this. I was just sharing information I get from my contacts. I never claim I work for Sprint or get ANY of this myself. I also make no claims of "It WILL be X date!"

But as for legit SprintGurus.com is and the information I post, I do it to help people and that is all. I do not care for the publicity and I gain nothing by sharing information for the heck of it. I have no sponsors and no financial gain for anything I say.

I post on sprintusers.com and howardforums.com and help people any chance I get. If people like it, fine... If no one likes it I am fine too. I start SprintGurus to do one thing, get the information out there that no one else was doing.

As for InsideSprintNow, yep they are an admin for my forum and a great person.