Page 62 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2299
  1.    #1221  
    I find it amazing w/all these business & intelligent people w/ so many phones have no idea what ways Sprint can & will work for you.
    I don't believe they have no idea, I just think some of them find it more enjoyable to bash
    I am a Treo Pro User i stand by Sprint true I wish I could get a snapdragon & I've had 4 Touch Pro's & didn't like any of them regardless what all says about them. I came back to the Treo Pro & I'm happy. true what said about the the 6.5 but it is a given update by the factory something not said about others & an update not long after it's release thinking of the other Sprint phone which if ever uptated & at what time after.
    The sad part is reading all this from posters I'm not sure are w/ Sprint or not. Hey maybe you're not & maybe your rich enough to buy these other phones & afford these other carriers but remember 'Jones' it matters not.
    Palm_Inc just twitted this:

Another way to win a Pre (and more!): http://www.precentral.net/p...
    about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck

I twitted this in response:

@palm_inc I think at this point we'd all rather get the news of when it's coming out rather than knowing how to win one.

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    Palm_Inc just twitted this:

Another way to win a Pre (and more!): http://www.precentral.net/p...
    about 4 hours ago from TweetDeck

I twitted this in response:

@palm_inc I think at this point we'd all rather get the news of when it's coming out rather than knowing how to win one.

:P
    LoL.. nice. I wonder how many "when is it coming out" questions they've gotten since they started going on twitter. I ask them every few days, just to really drive them crazy.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    There's another thread covering the blog of an apparent Sprint insider who states that there will be a trailer for the movie "Up" pre-loaded on the Pre. "Up" premiers on the 29th of May!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...e-rundown.html
    Palm Pre Questions Answered - Sprint Gurus Forums
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    There's another thread covering the blog of an apparent Sprint insider who states that there will be a trailer for the movie "Up" pre-loaded on the Pre. "Up" premiers on the 29th of May!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...e-rundown.html
    Palm Pre Questions Answered - Sprint Gurus Forums
    I think you are thinking of this thread that already has been started...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-rundown.html
    a comment in Ah, Pre, When Will You Arrive? We Don't Know. says:
    I know this will fall into the unsubstantiated rumor category, but here's what I learned today: I was at a casting studio auditioning and noticed next door they were holding a casting session for the "Palm Pre Viral" campaign. It was a non-union gig, so I hadn't been asked to audition, but I talked to one of the actors after he left the room.

The "viral campaign" begins, contractually, tomorrow. They are going to put the actor up in an apartment in Seattle. The actor is going to pretend he is a man who is upset because the Pre has not been released. He will have a camera on him in his "living room" and will be posting to Facebook and MySpace all day. The idea is that he won't leave his apartment until Palm releases the Pre. The ad agency was calling it a "protest." Eventually, the actor learns Palm knows about his protest and then they make contact - finally giving in to his demands. The actors have been told they will be done with the shoot on June 5th.

So, June 6th, a Saturday is looking like a good bet from what I've just heard.

Actors often know of things ahead of time because of ad campaigns.
    which goes along with what is in this thread
    For those asking about the Pre, there are 2 release windows, one is around 6/7/09 - the other I cannot say much on.
    Handsets in Testing and a Release Date - Sprint Gurus Forums

i'm just saying...
    They'd have to hire someone for that? I'm sure there's plenty of people on the forums who already are doing that for real!
    I hope that aint true
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    They'd have to hire someone for that? I'm sure there's plenty of people on the forums who already are doing that for real!
    . Their wouldn't even have to be any "pre-tend" acting involved.

Hold up here a sec. They are done with the shoot on June 5th, so will we see a two part commercial then? One of the protest, and then the next one of Palm calling him?

Surely they wouldn't be done with the commercial on June 5th, air it on June 6th, and then release the phone the next day.
    What a lame attempt at viral marketing.
    **** that, just release the phone & do REAL advertisement!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    If this is what the Palm Marketing Dept is doing to put all their eggs in one basket, this doesn't look good.
    Doesn't make sence. Sprint is releasing the phone, not Palm - and why would Palm want to focus on the fact they have not released (or should I say, their partner Sprint) the phone yet?

Sorry, I call fubar on this one.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Seriously. This is the kind of advertising that makes sense to 50 year old suits who dont actually use the internet but want to be hip with "those kids using myspace!! facebook!! Youtube!! and webcams and viral, yeah viral video am I rite?"

Tell us why your product is better then the competition. Tell us about what inspired your product. Tell us about how it works and what it can do. Tell us when we can get it and show us its value, just dont pander to us as if we are children with this kind of offensively stupid campaign.
    Sounds stupid to me. Just more evidence that Palm's marketing team doesn't get it and hasn't learned from its mistakes.
    Before we rake them over the coals, let's at least establish that this is real and Palm is behind it.

That being said, I know viral marketing is en vogue these days, but I cannot stress enough that I think it would be colossally stupid for Palm to try and market the Pre in any other fashion than a full-on marketing blitz for mainstream people.

The time for coyness and playing around has long since passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    It makes sense because it's cheap which is what Palm really wants/needs right now. They aren't going to be doing a $100M advertsing buy. They probably had a strategic brainstorming session and decided to try to turn a weakness into an opportunity.
    Palm doesn't do the advertising though. Sprint does & pays for it.
    I could be wrong, but that is what I have read here & elsewhere.
    Palm doesn't do the advertising though. Sprint does & pays for it.
    I could be wrong, but that is what I have read here & elsewhere.
    That's what I've heard. I don't think Palm has the money to do any serious advertising. Maybe they'll have a few million here and there for promotional events, but the REAL commercials will be through Sprint. Hopefully we'll see some actual mentions of the Pre soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    That being said, I know viral marketing is en vogue these days, but I cannot stress enough that I think it would be colossally stupid for Palm to try and market the Pre in any other fashion than a full-on marketing blitz for mainstream people.
    They don't have the money. Look at their financial and adverting budgets. Sprint will do all the large advertisng, Sprint will define the Pre, Palm will be doing the viral marketing. Palm already has as their PRPRPR $firm$ ($Edelman$) $the$ $group$ $most$ $known$ $for$ $flogging$ $and$ $insinuating$ $into$ $blogs$, $social$ $media$ $and$ $user$ $forums$.