Page 60 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2299
    Pre_Diction, I've been closely following the rumors surrounding the upcoming iPhone, and this is the first I've heard of $99. I'm not saying that you just made the number up, but I have not seen any substantiating evidence that would indicate such an iPhone is on the way.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

The pre will be $150 to $250 with $199 being the most likely sweet spot. this is Sprint -- it has has very low demographics.

The price of this phone is going to come not from what Palm will or won't charge sprint as what it will charge Sprint was decided in November or December 2008 (when Palm was int he the dirt). It is likly the first couple of million will cost Sprint not much at all. Real (subizidized) pricing is all up to Sprint and only up to them. Their interest is in getting this thing out there with a big footprint fast and to stop losing customers fast.

iPhone is a high(er) prestige item selling in 3G 8G for prices from $100 to $200. We can talk about ATT plan prices all we want but it is already obvious people prefer ATT (even if they are wrong to do so).

It is also a down economy. The price pressure factors are all pushing down.
    +1
    $150 would be great
    $199 is what I really feel the price would be.
    $249.99 is a price that walks the fine line between making a big splash in the pool versus letting off a little flatulence just to see bubbles here and there(sorry for the bad analogy)
    Quick analogy:

It's like this M$ sells the Xbox360 for $199/no HD & $299w/60GB HD..............Sony sells the PS3 for $399w/80GB HD. The Xbox360(iphone 3g) was out a year before the PS3(PRE). Sony decides to sell the PS3 for more than the going rate of the Xbox360. Bad idea. Yeah, they are trying to recoup money & yeah the PS3 may be a better console than the 360 but is there enough difference to justify paying more money...............

Sony has yet to sell enough PS3's to catch the 360. Sprint can charge $199 now just to get the PRE's foot in the door. Once in the Web OS will do the rest and justify why the PRE 2 will be worth the money.
    This from The Street:

According to my sources, the Pre should be a reality in mid-June (give or take a week or so). Palm has been trying to get a jump on the situation by starting to beat all of its advertising drums for the pending release. Single, full-page ads like in The Wall Street Journal last week are just a drop in the bucket.

Now I'm hearing that the ad campaign might be suspended by a week or two, same for the formal release from Sprint. That's why I'm thinking a mid-June release is a safe bet.
    Palm Pre Something to Tweet About
    Palm Pre Something to Tweet About | Personal Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

33 million mentions on twitter! I search every day (and contribute news), and probably 95% of those tweets are positive.
    If his sources aint palm or sprint then im still hoping for may launch.
    I love how people are like w00t when its good news but if its bad news they are all like "I wont believe it until its proven".
    Merge into predictions thread in three... two... one...
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    All I know is, I might not survive until June. Or, I should say, my Touch Pro won't survive. So I hope they release the Pre sooner than that, or I'll be without cellphone.
    :
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I love how people are like w00t when its good news but if its bad news they are all like "I wont believe it until its proven".
    Yup
    well he said palm was taking out full page ads... in reality that is sprint
    This is the first post of a new Pre thread at Howard Forums.com
    Take it for what it is.

"Ok, turn on your flame throwers because I can't discuss sources but...

It looks like we are starting to see some movement of inventory from China to the States that is not consistent with normal Palm import patterns. While it is always hard to extract specifics given the matrix of import brokers, receiving agents, etc, etc, the volume of imports clearing customs seems like it is far in excess of 'normal'.

Are these Pres? Can't say 100% unless they let me open the containers but I don't think they are selling that many existing Palm units."
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Pre_Diction, I've been closely following the rumors surrounding the upcoming iPhone, and this is the first I've heard of $99. I'm not saying that you just made the number up, but I have not seen any substantiating evidence that would indicate such an iPhone is on the way.
    That's the rumored price of the rumored low end iPhone Nano. Still nothing but a rumor at this point.

What does seem to be truth though, is that AT&T is selling off old inventory like a fire sale(still have to get a contract to get the low prices through). The refurbished iPhones are low enough to sign anyone up who was hesitant before about the price of the actual phone. 16GB at $149, even though refurbished, isn't that bad of a deal, although they say the warranty is only 90 days.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Does anyone still think the release date is May 17th or have everyone given up hope on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Does anyone still think the release date is May 17th or have everyone given up hope on that.
    We haven't gotten any solid indications that it's not. I'm not giving up hope, but I won't be overly disappointed (just minorly bummed) if it doesn't happen.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    We haven't gotten any solid indications that it's not. I'm not giving up hope, but I won't be overly disappointed (just minorly bummed) if it doesn't happen.
    Ya I know but I would think sprint would have it in their system by now they usually have every single phone like over a month in advance in their system.
    The Pre is already late & Sprint has an awful lot riding on this Pre, emails have been sent, classes are set so I'm sticking w/May 17th. I'l be content until then as long as my Treo Pro's keep working but I will add this - if Sprnt updates the Pro to 6.5 before the Pre release I'd start to thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    The Pre is already late....
    Is it July 1st already??
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Is it July 1st already??
    Exactly. Is it later than many would have liked? Sure. But will we all be happier with a better release still in the timeframe rather than them rushing it out last month buggy? Of course. Patience my friends. Expect the latest date, and anything sooner will be a pleasant surprise. You can then jump all over Palm if it hasn't shipped by then.
    Patience is a Virtue as we said in the Army "Hurry up & Wait"
    I posted this in the "Pre for 150" thread, but it should probably be posted here, as this is my prediction regarding pricing of the Pre that will be announce this Sunday for release on May 17th. This is what I see happening:

Sprint will have a varying price structure -

1) New to Sprint - Pre for $149 with two year contract, instant and mail-in rebates.

2) Off contract - $549

3) Upgrade eligibility will be based on off contract price, so either $474 or $399 for existing Sprint customers.

Best Buy will also offer the Pre at or near Sprint's release -

1) New and existing Sprint customers with full upgrade - $199, with instant an mail-in rebates.

2) One year upgrade eligible Sprint users - $274

3) Off contract, same as Sprint - $549
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)