Page 59 of 115 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2299
  1. #1161  
    (other pro not working) what do you mean losing a million customers? They may be giving me a hard time but I'm not leaving.
    My honest opinion: Hoping the Pre does well I think Sprint must re-invest into it's own company - too many chiefs & not enough indians & too many chef's spoil the brew. "There are Many in Sprint who need to be trained or fired".
    I can say more but won't. I have proof to back me up so I am not worried.
    I too am waiting for my two Pre's & also have announced valuable info but I know these dates are Prime & will change a few days before or after when the board makes up there mind.
  2. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #1162  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbear853 View Post
    (other pro not working) what do you mean losing a million customers? They may be giving me a hard time but I'm not leaving.
    My honest opinion: Hoping the Pre does well I think Sprint must re-invest into it's own company - too many chiefs & not enough indians & too many chef's spoil the brew. "There are Many in Sprint who need to be trained or fired".
    I can say more but won't. I have proof to back me up so I am not worried.
    I too am waiting for my two Pre's & also have announced valuable info but I know these dates are Prime & will change a few days before or after when the board makes up there mind.
    english? The end of your post is hard to follow.
  3. #1163  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    may 4th is the day sprint will announce its q1 results and the pre release date will be announced. Sprint will lose another million customers but will make up for the bad news with announcing the pre release date.
    strong words. I hope you're right.
    I love lolcats
  4. #1164  
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    strong words. I hope you're right.
    Yeah, and they better not utter the word and number combination "June 29" !
  5. #1165  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah, and they better not utter the word and number combination "June 29" !
    here here!
    I love lolcats
  6. #1166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    may 4th is the day sprint will announce its q1 results and the pre release date will be announced. Sprint will lose another million customers but will make up for the bad news with announcing the pre release date.
    That does make quite a bit of sense, thanks for telling us.
  7. #1167  
    Where the 'Prime' days 17 & 29th are issued to 3rd Tier Advanced Tech (AT) is originally notified, to be prepared these are the days, notified by the Board, that the Pre Is to be released: is the original warning that It's (Pre) about to happen, next the email that May 6th is the day (3rd Tier) will be trained w/the Pre & the 4th notification of Q1 standings & w/the advertizement now on Telivision, leaves the small space for the Board to see the peoples reaction, w/relationship to the apps being completed for The Pre already are done or that close to being done according to the schedule that must be met (since so much is riding on this) - the 4G- will most likely be relased between the 7 & 17th -- therefore if not the 10th it will be released on the 17th.
    (Release dates are usually on a Sunday).
    OK?
    I hope this is simple enough to understand.
  8. #1168  
    I'm sorry..you lost me at "3rd tier Advanced Tech (AT)"
  9. #1169  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbear853 View Post
    I hope this is simple enough to understand.
    My friend, I appreciate that you are trying to convey information to us. Thanks for that. But frankly, your grammar is so bad that I had to read your post about five times, and I'm still not sure I understand what you're saying. I'm also not sure whether this is speculation on your part or if it is information from a source.
    Would you please try again?
  10. #1170  
    1st)A(dvanced)T(ech) will be taught Pre May 6th(for 8 hrs)
    2nd)The initall (Prime)days for release are May 17th & June 29th
    3rd)Preperation has begun for release starting w/TV for population.
    4th) Having a deadline, work w/Pre must be completed by 17th) depending on how quick Pre is finished is when the 'The Board" will make decision for release.
    5th)Normal releases are on Sunday so if work is completed the decision for release would be the 10th).
    This would give Sprint a "jump on the gun & allow them to have an increase in all finanaces across the table".
  11. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #1171  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    1st)A(dvanced)T(ech) will be taught Pre May 6th(for 8 hrs)
    2nd)The initall (Prime)days for release are May 17th & June 29th
    3rd)Preperation has begun for release starting w/TV for population.
    4th) Having a deadline, work w/Pre must be completed by 17th) depending on how quick Pre is finished is when the 'The Board" will make decision for release.
    5th)Normal releases are on Sunday so if work is completed the decision for release would be the 10th).
    This would give Sprint a "jump on the gun & allow them to have an increase in all finanaces across the table".
    that's what I took from it this as well. although, I'm not sure what is meant by this part - the 4G- will most likely be relased between the 7 & 17th .
  12. #1172  
    When asked about the Pre, [Tim] Cook [of Apple] said "it's difficult to say anything about a product until it's shipped... I can't say anything intelligent about the Pre."

    http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/22/a...b-profit-call/

    Meow.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  13. #1173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Ha, keep dreaming. The Instinct Mini is $129 and it is no where near as good as the Pre so no chance for $149. It would however be uberawesomeness if they did price it that low!
    The instict mini is $50 at Best buy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I don't think the Apple pricing can be matched. The amount of subsidizing Apple had on those phones at the launch was with the thinking that they'd be able to make it back in the later months. They could afford to take that loss up front. I'm sure Sprint will subsidize more than normal and Palm may even chip in there as well, but ultimately I'm expecting a $249-299 price tag..
    I dont know that you understand price modeling on smartphones. Maker slose money for the first 12 ot 18 months before they start to recover. Carriers always lose money on subsidized prices which they make up for on subscriptions where all the profit is.

    The pre will be $150 to $250 with $199 being the most likely sweet spot. this is Sprint -- it has has very low demographics.

    The price of this phone is going to come not from what Palm will or won't charge sprint as what it will charge Sprint was decided in November or December 2008 (when Palm was int he the dirt). It is likly the first couple of million will cost Sprint not much at all. Real (subizidized) pricing is all up to Sprint and only up to them. Their interest is in getting this thing out there with a big footprint fast and to stop losing customers fast.

    iPhone is a high(er) prestige item selling in 3G 8G for prices from $100 to $200. We can talk about ATT plan prices all we want but it is already obvious people prefer ATT (even if they are wrong to do so).

    It is also a down economy. The price pressure factors are all pushing down.
  14. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #1174  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

    The price of this phone is going to come not from what Palm will or won't charge sprint as what it will charge Sprint was decided in November or December 2008 (when Palm was int he the dirt).
    Do you think PALM was at loosing end against SPRINT when pricing this phone back in November 2008 ?

    Remember its a multi touch phone led by bunch of ex APPLE guys under to watchful eyes of Elevation partners ( one of them is ex CFO of APPLE).
    If SPRINT said no, they could have gone to Verizon or T Mobile.
  15. #1175  
    It sounds like we can expect more information about the Pre in the next day or so.


    Source: I just got off the phone with Mr. Tyler Pressley (the executive services VIP analyst). I called him with some questions about my plan and the likelihood of the Pre being compatible on SERO. He asked around for me and can at the moment not give me a solid answer. However, he expects information regarding it in a day or two and will then call me back.

    If it's anything major, I'll report back.

    Skeptical, but we'll see.
  16. #1176  
    Got to have Faith There's a lot of us.
  17. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #1177  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbear853 View Post
    Where the 'Prime' days 17 & 29th are issued to 3rd Tier Advanced Tech (AT) is originally notified, to be prepared these are the days, notified by the Board, that the Pre Is to be released: is the original warning that It's (Pre) about to happen, next the email that May 6th is the day (3rd Tier) will be trained w/the Pre & the 4th notification of Q1 standings & w/the advertizement now on Telivision, leaves the small space for the Board to see the peoples reaction, w/relationship to the apps being completed for The Pre already are done or that close to being done according to the schedule that must be met (since so much is riding on this) - the 4G- will most likely be relased between the 7 & 17th -- therefore if not the 10th it will be released on the 17th.
    (Release dates are usually on a Sunday).
    OK?
    I hope this is simple enough to understand.
    Other than this being the LONGEST run on sentence I have ever witnessed...
    advertizement now on Telivision
    something makes discount your credibility
  18. #1178  
    ---OK what else is there to say?
  19. Traxion's Avatar
    Posts
    153 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #1179  
    All I am saying is that I dont have to work for Sprint or have any kind of connections to Sprint to know how to model, structure, and implement an Corporate Flow Chart. Ok lets use some deductive reasoning:
    Heres what we (think)know
    1) Nearly all major releases drop on Sundays.
    2) The time window that Sprint gave is getting smaller and smaller.
    and thats really about it. We have some tips here and there with some leaked paper work.. but nothing concrete. From what we (think)know we are down to 8 (i doubt it drops this week or next) possible sundays before the buzzer... Everyone that tosses out a guess has a 1 in 8 chances to win imo. What has been stated so far has been nothing short of common sense.. We are coming down to the wire so our predictions have a higher chance for success. Acting/Pretending like you have connections or access at this point is null... we are too close to the concrete deadline given to us by a legitimate and reliable source.. Sprint. This is after all JMHO.
    Last edited by Traxion; 04/23/2009 at 03:18 PM.
  20. #1180  
    There are rumors that iPhone 3rd gen will be tiered at $199, $299, and possibly $99. $99 price is not good for the pre.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions