Page 57 of 115 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2299
    preditions and speculations thread .... please

(getting your phone bricked sucks, sorry)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Yea, we can't go out like that. Well, I guess it's on to 2,000 before launch date.
    If there's 2000 posts on here before launch, I'm gonna throw a major fit! ... and I know a certain goat that will too.
    too bad it didn't get bricked AFTER the pre was released. Maybe they'd send you one of those for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    If there's 2000 posts on here before launch, I'm gonna throw a major fit! ... and I know a certain goat that will too.
    And a certain friend of the Goat as well!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    I'm tellin you.. JFK guys.. JFK..
    LMAO I really laughed hard when I read that. Thanks for the laughter.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Schnoid and Manny » If there's 2,000 posts by May 17th then I won't be too upset. I'll just be dumbfounded by how many more predictions and speculations we are capable of spitting out.

This point in time is pretty daunting as far as waiting for the Pre goes. We don't know if it really is coming May 17th or if we're going to be waiting 'till the end of June. We know advocates have been picked, but we haven't seen any in-store pics of the Pre.

I may have to pick up a hobby like synchronized swimming or something in the mean time. Waiting for the Pre is starting to hurt.
    Agreeing with tread this morning the email was read to me word for word 1st release may 17th & 2nd release june 29th for Pre. I'm on Palms notification when Pre comes out & on case w/Sprnt for 2 Pre. Yea I think they have a lot riding on the Pre. I hope reception & battery are good.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I may have to pick up a hobby like synchronized swimming or something in the mean time. Waiting for the Pre is starting to hurt.
    Oh my! A goat performing synchronized swimming. Can I have an animated screensaver or something for my NEW PRE?

I want my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by cscoot03 View Post
    Agreeing with tread this morning the email was read to me word for word 1st release may 17th & 2nd release june 29th for Pre. I'm on Palms notification when Pre comes out & on case w/Sprnt for 2 Pre. Yea I think they have a lot riding on the Pre. I hope reception & battery are good.
    I wish I knew what exactly 1st and 2nd release meant.

Does it mean on the 17th they will release what they have to the stores and then sit and stockpile them until 1 1/2 months later?

That sounds like a silly tactic, to let your initial shipment sell out and then just not sell any for 1 1/2 months.
    29th June is for the upgrade with microSD and 32G ram.
    I'm still predicting the $149 price!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    I'm still predicting the $149 price!
    Ha, keep dreaming. The Instinct Mini is $129 and it is no where near as good as the Pre so no chance for $149. It would however be uberawesomeness if they did price it that low!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

$199 is priced for tech savvy consumer who knows what's good for them, ie- choose pre over similarly priced iPhone. = pre will loose.

$149 is competitive price in order to capture market share.

It's perfectly normal in a competitive market to loose money on every unit you sell. You establish market now, and profit later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Ha, keep dreaming. The Instinct Mini is $129 and it is no where near as good as the Pre so no chance for $149. It would however be uberawesomeness if they did price it that low!
    S30 (Instinct Mini) is $50 at Best Buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    $199 is priced for tech savvy consumer who knows what's good for them, ie- choose pre over similarly priced iPhone. = pre will loose.

$149 is competitive price in order to capture market share.

It's perfectly normal in a competitive market to loose money on every unit you sell. You establish market now, and profit later.
    I don't think the Apple pricing can be matched. The amount of subsidizing Apple had on those phones at the launch was with the thinking that they'd be able to make it back in the later months. They could afford to take that loss up front. I'm sure Sprint will subsidize more than normal and Palm may even chip in there as well, but ultimately I'm expecting a $249-299 price tag.

The Pre should be sold as the device for those with discerning tastes, not toy-like / hobby device like the iPhone, nor a strictly business device like the Blackberries, it's the first device that will do both and do it well -- at least that will be the sales pitch. With this in mind, that's how I see them asking the price above.
    Last edited by Darrion88; 04/20/2009 at 11:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I don't think the Apple pricing can be matched. The amount of subsidizing Apple had on those phones at the launch was with the thinking that they'd be able to make it back in the later months. They could afford to take that loss up front. I'm sure Palm will subsidize more than normal and Sprint may even chip in there as well, but ultimately I'm expecting a $249-299 price tag.

The Pre should be sold as the device for those with discerning tastes, not toy-like / hobby device like the iPhone, nor a strictly business device like the Blackberries, it's the first device that will do both and do it well -- at least that will be the sales pitch. With this in mind, that's how I see them asking the price above.
    so well said
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub11 View Post
    S30 (Instinct Mini) is $50 at Best Buy.
    Well I wasen't talking aboot Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I wish I knew what exactly 1st and 2nd release meant.

Does it mean on the 17th they will release what they have to the stores and then sit and stockpile them until 1 1/2 months later?

That sounds like a silly tactic, to let your initial shipment sell out and then just not sell any for 1 1/2 months.
    My guess is June 29th is either flash support and/or video recording firmware upgrade.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    I don't think the Apple pricing can be matched. The amount of subsidizing Apple had on those phones at the launch was with the thinking that they'd be able to make it back in the later months. They could afford to take that loss up front. I'm sure Sprint will subsidize more than normal and Palm may even chip in there as well, but ultimately I'm expecting a $249-299 price tag.

agree
    I wouldn't be surprised if it sold cheaper than that to bring back customers.