Page 56 of 115 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Not only is he a ******* for bragging about being able to even develop an app, but he's telling palm not to release the phone yet.
    And then Palm retweets it as if it's something we wanna hear.
    Ah well...
    Good for you shnoid for keeping post I don't go to twitter
    seems between paperwork & apps we all have a problem & right now figuring out how to fix that seems to be our problem.
    And the Government wants hackers to fix their problems.
    Go figure.
    Before I start again let me explain this. I have been with sprint for 8 years now. I have never owned a phone for more then 7 months as I get sick of them easiely. Now over the last 8 years I have contacted sprint mulitple times about release dates of different phone and every single time they always had the phone in the systme 30 days or more before the phone got released. The last one I contacted about was the HTC Diamond and they had it in the system about 45 days before it would get released with the price and all the data about it. This has been this case for all of their phone I have ever purchased. Therefore my theory is since sprint doesn't have anything in their system yet they are probably not releasing it on May 17th. It makes no sense for a business that wants to be profitable to hide the date if everything is ready and they are confident about the date. It creates more hype online and everywhere if they release concrete informatin.

AGAIN I WANT TO REPEAT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION !!
    You had to create a new thread when you could have discussed this in here? http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...-may-16-a.html
    1 - did you happen to notice the giant thread call preditions and speculation ? This should be there.

2- your opion has some fact to back it up, always a good start. I would addd, this is a big release for sprint. based on that alone, we should expect them to do things differently this time around
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    sorry about that, mods please move the threat to the one above.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    this is a big release for sprint. based on that alone, we should expect them to do things differently this time around
    B-Model has a great point. This isn't like any other phone released on Sprint. Palm has a LOT riding on this phone and is definitely keeping multiple things under wraps before the release. In fact if it was a typical release - you would see it on FCC already. Plus - this isn't just Palm's introduction of their new phone - it's a whole new mobile operating system as well that Palm folks have been waiting on for YEARS
    but when the HTC Diamond was being released it was considered a huge release to but again they new about it long before.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    and we're over 1,000 now because of the merged threads
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    and we're over 1,000 now because of the merged threads
    Huzzah!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Unfortunately, this was post # 1000:

Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    WRONG! Price is off by $100-150
    Bit anti-climactic, no?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    If anyone knows that Brett guy... please punch him in the ear for me.

Not only is he a ******* for bragging about being able to even develop an app, but he's telling palm not to release the phone yet.
    And I bet the app he's developing isn't probably even a useful one. Like Palm/Sprint would put a major phone on hold for HIS app. riiiight. Release the phone and let him catch up to all the other developers who already got their stuff done. slacker! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    but when the HTC Diamond was being released it was considered a huge release to but again they new about it long before.
    HTC wasn't on the brink of bankruptcy and wasn't trying to catch up to the other phone manufacturers. Just saying..Palm's circumstances are much more different than others
    So last week my phone, palm centro, was sent an over the air update. After it downloaded the update it bricked my phone. I was kinda mad to say the least. So after a few hours on the phone with sprint they decided they were going to send me a replacement phone. And sure enough today, two new phones showed up at my door. Ha, not sure why the sent two, but they did. Anyways, while I was on the phone with someone helping me re-sync my the info off my computer onto my new centro I asked about the pre and she said it was coming out May 17th and that the employees would be getting them next week to test and learn them. Just thought I'd pass that information along.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    HTC wasn't on the brink of bankruptcy and wasn't trying to catch up to the other phone manufacturers. Just saying..Palm's circumstances are much more different than others
    Ya but don't you think its Sprint who decides the release date.
    I think it's a collaborative effort between both companies. I think Sprint is in charge of most of the recent marketing strategies (as evidenced by Palm's tweet giving sprint credit for the commercials) and Palm is in charge of making sure their manufacturer has enough stock to fill initial demand.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I would say a little bit of both, I think Palm gives Sprint a time frame to release the phone, and Sprint says well, we have this launch and that launch going on, so we'll release it here.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Unfortunately, this was post # 1000:

Bit anti-climactic, no?
    Yea, we can't go out like that. Well, I guess it's on to 2,000 before launch date.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesmvaron View Post
    ... she said it was coming out May 17th and that the employees would be getting them next week to test and learn them. Just thought I'd pass that information along...
    My daughter was a Sprint store assistant manager until a few weeks back. I've been pestering her to keep me in touch with someone that can make sure I have one in my hands as soon as reasonably possible.

She contacted her friends, and told me today "Don't call xxxxxxxx, but the rumor is that it will be available on May 17th. If you call him, he won't confirm it. As a matter of fact, he 'won't know what you're talking about'."
    I'm tellin you.. JFK guys.. JFK..