Page 52 of 115 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2299
    No info
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    I don't get how a company could have a policy to give no info about a highly hyped product to it's customers. That seems like a pretty dumb business plan.

I can see them not wanting their employees to give out speculation though, that's probably what they're telling them.
    We're going to get to 1000 posts in this thread about rumors and speculation. They let us hype it up, I think Sprint and Palm have played this perfectly so far. They just have to advertize the hell out of it in the next month and then release it in May. Obviously it also has to live up to the hype.
    Just an FYI, not sure if anyone's seen this on Sprint's forums...

Actually, the May 16th date re the Pre is a DEVELOPMENT date. That means that is the earliest that Sprint can expect the handsets to be ready for shipment from Palm with the Pre having most (if not all) of the bugs worked out. Now, odds are, Sprint will have to wait for Palm to ramp up the firmware flashes...which will take some time...so I'd still not expect the Pre until late May or early to mid June.
    1000 here we come! But with the new email being sent out, and someone reporting that a Sprint store has a Pre (no eyes-on, though), I am really starting to like May 17th.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    did you guys notice the email sent out by SPRINT ?
    Just saw that there is another Pre print ad on the back of the WSJ today.
    Here's a link to the photo.

Palm Pre Coming Soon? Sprint Rolls Out Print Ads - Gearlog
    I was wondering since Twitter has been featured in their recent ads with the Pre, if maybe the date will be announced via twitter?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    did you guys notice the email sent out by SPRINT ?
    sure did, was that the "big" news that you were talking about? I don't see any announcement yet.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    The big news wasn't sent out by Palm, it was just speculated by some it was about the Pre.

It was actually the twitter off to get to 1 million followers I believe between Ashton Kutcher and CNN
    Gbp You were right my friend. Sprint did do an announcement today. Too bad it was not the real beef. You should tell Sprint AS A SHAREHOLDER that we need release date and pricing...

Like yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Gbp You were right my friend. Sprint did do an announcement today. Too bad it was not the real beef. You should tell Sprint AS A SHAREHOLDER that we need release date and pricing...

Like yesterday.
    I just twitted this to Sprint:

@sprint so that mass email you sent today was just another ad to spread the hype? Where's the release date? *DELETE*
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I just twitted this to Sprint:

@sprint so that mass email you sent today was just another ad to spread the hype? Where's the release date? *DELETE*
    So true. I also feel almost offended that they are pushing me to hype the phone. (As if I haven't) I think I may lay off on talking to my friends about it until we can get a release date.

It will be the Goat's little soap box.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    So true. I also feel almost offended that they are pushing me to hype the phone. (As if I haven't) I think I may lay off on talking to my friends about it until we can get a release date.

LOL I feel the same way about spreading the word. The more people know - the more demand - the less chance we have of getting one based on how many more people will be in line (physically or on the phone) to get one before us hahahaha. shhhh move on. Nothing to see here. It's just the Pro LOL
    Hey Pedro, you ever meet a guy around here named Perry? Your style is a lot like him. Real nice guy and always jonesin' for the next super treo that alas became the Pre. Come to think of it, he disappeared, then you showed up. Mmmm. your'e not a man eatin goat are you? Perry, can you hear me in that Goat?
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    LOL I feel the same way about spreading the word. The more people know - the more demand - the less chance we have of getting one based on how many more people will be in line (physically or on the phone) to get one before us hahahaha. shhhh move on. Nothing to see here. It's just the Pro LOL
    LOL! Heck, I almost feel like Palm and Sprint should give us free phones. We've been spreading the good word about this phone since January. Well in my case it was February. I hate to admit this, but I ignored everything about the Pre for the first month because I was a Blackberry loyalist and a Palm hater.

May 17th is still looking really good. All we need is real confirmation of demo/training phones in actual stores and I think my doubts will be cured. Some people say that flashing the phones with a final firmware build will take a long time. From what I understand though, it's a fairly streamlined process that takes very little time.

AND... If it's June then so be it. I'll be a sad goat... But we've come this far...
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    Hey Pedro, you ever meet a guy around here named Perry? Your style is a lot like him. Real nice guy and always jonesin' for the next super treo that alas became the Pre. Come to think of it, he disappeared, then you showed up. Mmmm. your'e not a man eatin goat are you? Perry, can you hear me in that Goat?
    Nope. PedroTheGoat ran out of fields to chomp on in the Blackberry forums. So he had to migrate over here.

Never met this Perry guy. I like nice people though so I'm sure we would get along just fine.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Yeah, what happened to Perry?
    He bought an iPhone, right?
    I can't believe he hasn't heard about the Pre and weighed in here.
    Perry would make this waiting process more fun.
    He voiced his opinion about the Pre over at the SprintUsers forum back in January.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Goat, I enjoy your posts, but you DO realize you speak of yourself in the third person - right?