Page 50 of 115 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2299
    As long as the screen rotates fast, and it seems to, I dont think it will bother me.
    So i just searched for Palm Pre on twitter (like I occasionally do) and happened to come across this post:

RT @ev: Tomorrow just became a very big day. (Sorry for the teaser -- more later.) Hmm...Could it be a Palm Pre?

The original was the part about tomorrow becoming a very big day, and its from the CEO of Twitter. I dunno y the response assumed it had to do with the Palm Pre, but i found it strange enough to post here.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    So i just searched for Palm Pre on twitter (like I occasionally do) and happened to come across this post:

RT @ev: Tomorrow just became a very big day. (Sorry for the teaser -- more later.) Hmm...Could it be a Palm Pre?

The original was the part about tomorrow becoming a very big day, and its from the CEO of Twitter. I dunno y the response assumed it had to do with the Palm Pre, but i found it strange enough to post here.
    Just a thought: gbp had a post earlier that said he thinks a Pre commercial is due out by the end of this week. Maybe that is what he is talking about.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Nah... the CEO of Twitter isn't talking about that... supposedly Ashton (Punk'd) Kutcher has publically challenged CNN (via Larry King) to see who can be the first Twitter account to reach 1 million followers... CNN was in the lead by far (Ashton was #3 when this started, behind who else? Britney... Ugh!) and now he's poised to take the lead and break 1 million later today/early tomorrow... about 12-18 hours before CNN is projected to do it...

I guess it's a big deal b/c it's getting a lot of press... especially from CNN (of course), and because no one has ever had 1 million followers on Twitter before...

BUT if it WAS an announcement about the Pre via Twitter I personally would get waaaay more excited/happy about this whole thing! :P
    I heard that Ashton's millionth follower will be featured in some EA game. Is Kutcher making games now?
    how could he specifically know tomorrow is when someone would hit 1 mil? And it's not a secret, so why would he say "(Sorry for the teaser -- more later.)"
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    how could he specifically know tomorrow is when someone would hit 1 mil? And it's not a secret, so why would he say "(Sorry for the teaser -- more later.)"
    The part where it says "could it be about the Pre"....that was something you added, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The part where it says "could it be about the Pre"....that was something you added, right?
    someone else on twitter added it. I tried asking the guy about it, and he never responded. Seemed random enough that it caught my attention.
    Why would a post by a twitter guy, that says nothing about the pre, possibly be about the pre? Got pre on the brain do we?

Oh I see, so that guy has pre on the brain I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by lugose View Post
    Why would a post by a twitter guy, that says nothing about the pre, possibly be about the pre? Got pre on the brain do we?

Oh I see, so that guy has pre on the brain I guess...
    yup. That's y it was so weird. I wouldn't have even thought that the post from Evan (the twitter guy) had anything to do with the Pre if I hadn't read it on someone else's post.
    . . . so I goez into the most popular Sprint store I know in the ATL, and I must say I was lookin' rather cute! Mr. Hungry for a sale pounces and I use what you folks have taught me--need to replace my phone and I'm thinkin' about the Pro.

He bit. He went as far as asking if I was attached to the Palm OS, and I said (w/ pathetic look on face), yeah and I don't think I could ever get used to Win Mo

And what does he say??? Well, there's a new Palm coming out IN JUNE.

Couldn't contain myself and said, yeah, I'm interested in the Pre, and Palm better NOT make us weight until June. He said the Pre was pushed back from April, and now has been pushed back from May. I said, dude, it can't be late for May, cuz May ain't here yet. That's "physics-ly" impossible, without a time machine and all. Caught him in an embarrassing spot. TBC'd
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Oh well,
    wait till tomorrow,
    SPRINT is going to announce Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Oh well,
    wait till tomorrow,
    SPRINT is going to announce Pre.
    I hope you're right, but I'm not expecting it.
    Well, I cozied up a bit more and threw him a few bones and he bit again. Threw in, "So I hear trainings on the 10th of May." His eyes POPPED out.So, here's the skinny. . .

1. They are expecting advocate phone at this point.
    2. This store is the **est in the area, so they will get the most stock and they will get it before the others.
    3. He said online Premier customers (that's me ) will get to go first. Yeah, ba-beey!
    4. I hipped him to Butler, Power Hero, and Hobbyist. Being impressed, he tried to impress me ... and said come back in a month. He repeated it again because he thought I didn't hear him. I said, yeah, see ya around the 17th. His mouth fell open.[I]Oh-yeah [/I].
    5. And, and, and, he said they received 20 Instinct units as the first shipment.

He said he couldn't believe what news was out already, in light of the secrecy Sprint is trying to maintain. I told him not to step on me when he came to work and tried to open the store. Told him I'll be the one with the fuzzy slippers and rollers.

Disclaimer: Could be all wrong.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Oh, and the dear boy said that EVERYBODY has been calling and that there is a lot of interest. So,

go PALM, go!
    justjill3

Hmm...so first he tells you in June, but then his mouth fell open when you said that you'll be back May 17th.....as in...he was shocked that you knew?

Why did he say June to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Hmm...so first he tells you in June, but then his mouth fell open when you said that you'll be back May 17th.....as in...he was shocked that you knew?

Why did he say June to begin with?
    I thought that in b/t the mention of June and May, I mentioned that he was trying to impress me with that tidbit? When we first started talking about the Pre, he was sticking to the company script so hard that he didn't notice the logistical problem of being late for a date that had not yet arrived.

The little knowledge bombs that "this ole gal" dropped blew his little tiny brain. Plus I had him convinced that I could make a good Pre stalker. I mean I really let him know how badly I wanted to get my hands on it.
    justjill3

Where is he when you need him?
    justjill3

GBP - I'm excited for tomorrow!! I hope you're right!