Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
    Easy solution, folks. When someone posts a rumor, it's under penalty of death for failure. That eliminates the idle speculators, but probably keeps 3x in the game. Call me gullible, but it sounds legit. But keeping my ammo dry.
    April would be almost in time for the Goat's birthday. Which I'm sure Palm is working their hardest to get it out by my birthday... They don't want a sad goat on their hands.

So yes, early April sounds legit. (Ed Colligan told me I can haz Pre by me birthday)
    He also told me he'd give me capacative booties for my hooves. Capacitive touch screens are tough because my hooves have no electrical signals apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    He also told me he'd give me capacative booties for my hooves. Capacitive touch screens are tough because my hooves have no electrical signals apparently.
    we have some strange characters on this forum. :-P But thats y I keep coming back for more!

and please get a picture! If your friend really did text you from a Pre then he should've had an easy time taking a picture of it!
    Im sorry about your hooves, i DID hear thru the grapevine that the pre IS goat-compatible.. (THIS is obviously a lie)

As for the validity, Im putting myself at the risk of my friend not pulling my leg, but I will video tape me eating anything the forum decides (edible, obviously) if this date is not correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    Im sorry about your hooves, i DID hear thru the grapevine that the pre IS goat-compatible.. (THIS is obviously a lie)

As for the validity, Im putting myself at the risk of my friend not pulling my leg, but I will video tape me eating anything the forum decides (edible, obviously) if this date is not correct.
    LoL... this could get really interesting. :-P You might want to qualify that with "within reason, so I don't die from it".
    ^Well I hope you're right man. My speculation is starting to point towards May or June. So April will be more than welcome. When are they going to start training CSR's and get this thing through the FCC? These are signs that I need.
    thats what i meant by edible. Im obviously not going to eat something to death, but any edible bugs, foods, intestines.. you name it. I feel pretty confident in my friend.
    Pedro, Mr. Goat I presume.. I dont know about any of that stuff. From what he told me, his office has had the phone for about a week.

For the CSRs, couldnt tell ya, from MY experience working in a call center (Qwest) When we had a new product, we were trained the day before release. Basically just shown where to find the troubleshooting guide on our computers.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Isnt there final testing on April 1st. for the Pre?
    The exact quote I received from my source is that "The final source audit on the pre has been moved up to 4/1." According to this same source, April 1st was originally slated as the beginning of the second to last testing phase, but (I'm not sure how or why) it appears that have progressed faster than first anticipated.

Any business savvy folks care to comment on what a "final source audit" looks like?
    Well, this release date seems to have more merit than the previous.
    what is the picture? I cant see it at work (most sites that hold photos are blocked)
    thats what i meant by edible. Im obviously not going to eat something to death, but any edible bugs, foods, intestines.. you name it. I feel pretty confident in my friend.
    LoL.. that'll definitely be entertaining. :-P But really I hope your friend is right and you don't have to. Any luck contacting him about a picture?
    Pedro, Mr. Goat I presume.. I dont know about any of that stuff. From what he told me, his office has had the phone for about a week.

For the CSRs, couldnt tell ya, from MY experience working in a call center (Qwest) When we had a new product, we were trained the day before release. Basically just shown where to find the troubleshooting guide on our computers.
    Sounds like a plan from me. If your claims pan out to be true then I'll Fed Ex you a cookie.

I would really like this phone... Like yesterday. Speculating about it has turned into a major hobby of mine. So yeah... I would like to go into phase 2 of my hobby... And that's hanging out on this forum and helping newbies with questions and concerns, and of course speculating about software, apps, accessories... Then there will be the new game of THE PRE 2!!! Which will be all sorts of fun all over again.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Hmm, maybe I could become a mod once my friend proves legit?

LOL, Im kidding.

Thank you anyways on the cookie though. I dont like goat milk
    Quote Originally Posted by GregV View Post
    Love it!!!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    what is the picture?
    Hmm, maybe I could become a mod once my friend proves legit?

LOL, Im kidding.

Thank you anyways on the cookie though. I dont like goat milk
    That's cool... Because I don't like to witness my mother get her breasts molested in such a manner.

In these forums we desperately need news. Since CES nothing SUPER groundbreaking has come to fruition. Besides Boy Genius' leaked EOL doc. We keep our ears pretty close to the ground here. We are also REALLY cynical, we've already been through Feb 15th... Which was complete bull. Now we are certain March 15th wouldn't pan out. (Even though BGR's analysis said they still wouldn't release the phone until April or May) There was also the March 1st rumor. etc.

So yeah... Our biggest hope is that the webinar will reveal some pretty tidbits... We are at a consensus that the webinar will be complete crap too though. Just the same info rehashed and re-fried. Palm has kept a pretty tight ship so far. We're hoping that the tight ship is due to secrecy... And not the fact that the phone is NO WHERE close to being released.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    what is the picture?
    It's the Pre over a landscape that makes it look UFOish. The Pre would make a pretty good flying saucer if you ask the likes of me.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-