Page 49 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Then they said the terms and conditions will let them do it.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I wonder how much it effects Pre ?
    Since comedy , MTV are most watched.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I wonder how much it effects Pre ?
    Since comedy , MTV are most watched.
    Is it just me, or did you just use 3 posts to convey information that could have been put in 1? I think you're post padding, mister. No fair.
    Here is meaningless post #839
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Is it just me, or did you just use 3 posts to convey information that could have been put in 1? I think you're post padding, mister. No fair.
    hey we got to get 1000 posts before the release date.
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    and 160 more to go
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    OTOH , PALM official blog has some get free Pre stories. Not sure its posted before.
    The Official Palm Blog
    OTOH , PALM official blog has some get free Pre stories. Not sure its posted before.
    The Official Palm Blog
    thanks for posting that gbp - it would be nice if someone here wins one. Everyone has a fair shot.

ok ok this was just a meaningless post to get to 1000
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I just got back from my local Sprint store and contract Sprint store and they don't know nutin.

No training, no advocates, no nutin.

ARGH May hope seems to be fading.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I just got back from my local Sprint store and contract Sprint store and they don't know nutin.

No training, no advocates, no nutin.

ARGH May hope seems to be fading.
    I used to go to this one sprint store near me that seemed the same way. It seemed like the employees there never knew any news or anything big that was going on in the Sprint world. A few months later - that store closed down. I'm not saying this is the case for yours, but try a different store that's nearby. I think that one local sprint store shouldn't get your hopes down. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I used to go to this one sprint store near me that seemed the same way. It seemed like the employees there never knew any news or anything big that was going on in the Sprint world. A few months later - that store closed down. I'm not saying this is the case for yours, but try a different store that's nearby. I think that one local sprint store shouldn't get your hopes down. Good luck!
    Was it a corporate store or a franchised store? They look exactly the same and can't know unless you ask. Oh, and Sprint corporate stores often have repair centers too.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Like I said, I went to a Sprint store AND and Sprint contract store.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Alright. More speculation here folks. Went into the main sprint store in my small town in Northern Virginia (Herndon) that is the main shop for repair work done in the immediate vicinity. Talked with the manager and he said the date he heard on the Palm Pre's release was on April 30th, but that it could be bumped back. Seems to conflict with what we saw in regards to the things announced internally with Sprint but figured I'd bring it up since it was the manager and not some schlub employee.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    True,
    Well said ,
    SPRINT staff in most of the stores have no clue and act dumb. May be that culture is changing with Pre.
    Once I called 4 stores and went to 3 stores in a 30 mile radius to inquire 800W.
    Only one of these seven had the real info about the phone.
    The rest of them said they haven't heard of any 800w , the only thing they know is a 700w , which is an old phone .
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Like I said, I went to a Sprint store AND and Sprint contract store.
    Oh man sorry I missed that. I mustve read your post too fast. Again I'm sorry you had a bad experience - I don't blame you for feeling a little down about the release if they gave you absolutely nothing. Like GBP says, I hope this is one of those changes that Sprint is trying to make about their culture. I know a lot of people have always said Sprint has terrible customer service.
    Once I called 4 stores and went to 3 stores in a 30 mile radius to inquire 800W.
    Only one of these seven had the real info about the phone.
    The rest of them said they haven't heard of any 800w , the only thing they know is a 700w , which is an old phone .
    WOW. Now THAT is horrible. Let's hope this "training on the Pre" speculation won't lead to any more of this.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    For whatever it's worth, I called my contact at my local corporate store (northern nj). I tried to get any kind of info from him, but he said he knew exactly what the rest of us knew, and couldn't comfirm anything. When asked about training, he knew of no schedule and when asked about a May vacation block, he said he is "middle management" and he was not asked to block off vacation time, but thought it only applied to the higher ups. Also, this store had no waiting list, but rather told me to register on line like the instinct to maximize chances to get one.
    Two reasons for posting.
    1) My prediction/hope is that there will be a landscape keypad app shortly after release.
    2) I wanted to add another # to the posts.
    Good night pre-ople.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicAgeZombie View Post
    Two reasons for posting.
    1) My prediction/hope is that there will be a landscape keypad app shortly after release.
    2) I wanted to add another # to the posts.
    Good night pre-ople.

well, one of these is a fact
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    That was my first drunk post that wasn't in a movie or video game forum. w00t!
    I do predict that the Pre will have some sort of landscape keyboard while we have the phone on its side surfin' the web. It would kinda suck to have to keep turning the thing from landscape to portrait just to type.