Page 45 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
    I was in a store yesterday and they hadn't received a demo yet. Maybe next week. The rep I spoke with was just as excited about the phone as we are, and she said she'd call me once they got it in so I could play with it You'll see me running out the store with the Pre being chased by mall security on the news haha
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I would be one upset employee if I wanted to go on vacation in May only to have Sprint put a freeze on that and then have the Pre not launch until June 29th.
    Very good point....that would be like a 6 to 8 week vacation freeze...
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I would be one upset employee if I wanted to go on vacation in May only to have Sprint put a freeze on that and then have the Pre not launch until June 29th.
    Excellent point from that perspective
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Please let it not be June 29.
    I agree !!
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Well this particular article has now floated over to just about every phone related website.

Boygenius, PhoneArena, PhoneScoop, EngadgetMobile...

They finally posted the email in its entirety on Prethinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i work across the street from a sprint store and i have been buggin the manager there about the pre, on my way to work today he stopped me to let me know that his store should be recieving a pre tuesday or wednesday .

I'm surprised it did not raise a comment earlier. Looking forward to your report. Don't disappoint now!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Please let it not be June 29.
    Amen! I think it will boost sales if it comes out in May because of people on the fence.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    If it turns out to be June 29th I think I will systematically pull out every Goat hair on me. That will be a lot of work.

I really don't think late June is a possibility. It would not be a smart move compared to upcoming releases.

Blackberry Niagara on Verizon, next Gen iPhone for AT&T, and possibly the G2 on T-Mobile.

Sprints sweet spot is going to need to be May if they want the Pre to be the "hero phone" that they need it to be.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    If it turns out to be June 29th I think I will systematically pull out every Goat hair on me. That will be a lot of work.

I really don't think late June is a possibility. It would not be a smart move compared to upcoming releases.

Blackberry Niagara on Verizon, next Gen iPhone for AT&T, and possibly the G2 on T-Mobile.

Sprints sweet spot is going to need to be May if they want the Pre to be the "hero phone" that they need it to be.
    I agree, I would think they (Sprint/Palm) would want at least a month of having it out on its own before those other phones hit the market..I think its going to be late this month, or beginning of May
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I hate to be the cynic, and truly hope I'm wrong, but 2 dates, 6 weeks apart???, with one of them practically the last day of the first half of 2009?...Is palm "setting us up" by training Sprint-ers now and implying the intent is to get the units out by may 17th , when their intent/capability is actually for the end of June.Why pose such an elaborate scheme? They would be scrutized and judged by the world negatively if they just came out and announced June as it's right next to Apple's update(this way they look like they HAD to delay for increased demand). If it was in their control, it would be out already, but fixing kinks, getting apps up and running, etc, may be handcuffing them.
    Wow, looks like we're at 808.

Oops, I put it at 809. That's the Dominican Republic area code. Ahh knowledge is good.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Make it 809,
    I am expecting to hear from PALM and SPRINT Officially.
    812: Matt Crowley has me on speed dial. Says I'll be the 2nd one he calls. His wife is first of course. Even she doesn't know.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I don't know when, but I hope it's soon. (end of April? Early May?) I currently use my Moto q9c as a phone but it's also my sole MP3 player, and I just broke the non-standard headphone adapter I need and don't want to order the parts to solder together a new one.

(My headphones are 4-conductor 3.5mm ones with a microphone, so they should work perfectly fine with the Pre without an adapter.)
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't know when, but I hope it's soon. (end of April? Early May?) I currently use my Moto q9c as a phone but it's also my sole MP3 player, and I just broke the non-standard headphone adapter I need and don't want to order the parts to solder together a new one.

(My headphones are 4-conductor 3.5mm ones with a microphone, so they should work perfectly fine with the Pre without an adapter.)
    YESS , You need A Pre.
    I wish good luck to Motorola.
    Lately ( about two months) there is no news from them at all.
    Just ran across this on the PC Mag site today.

The memo quoted is mildly interesting and seems to be in line with some of the other postings on here.

Memo: Palm Pre to Launch in April? - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 04/13/2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: did not have the ? before. Merged with other speculations
    Quote Originally Posted by jabo View Post
    Just ran across this on the PC Mag site today.

The memo quoted is mildly interesting and seems to be in line with some of the other postings on here.

Memo: Palm Pre to Launch in April? - News and Analysis by PC Magazine
    you forgot an important "?" in the title...
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    you forgot an important "?" in the title...
    get him jmart!!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    wow...yet another prediction thread. pointless.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    wow...yet another prediction thread. pointless.
    its just gonna be combined with the rest of them in a bit.