Page 44 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    thanks for the link there Now, how credible is that site?

But I found this interesting, "The first window involves Sprint receiving retail units of the Pre around late April to early May in preparation for a preliminary May 17th launch." I wonder if that would be Premier customers there?

But what I don't understand is the paragraph right after. If you have some in stock, why postpone until June 29th.
    Last edited by Reminiz; 04/10/2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Argh! How frustrating!!! So we could see the phone on May 17th... Or the end of June!?

Great post either way.

I am a premier customer... And I want MY PRE NOW! Haw!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Wow that would suck, going from 5/17 to 6/29.
    Very interesting article. If that's the case, that they won't launch until June 29th due to lack of stock....that would be totally crazy. I guess that's what Sprint means by "we are working as hard as possible to get the Pre out as soon as possible".
    I got a good idea, Sprint doesnt advertise the Pre but still releases it on May 17th. So all of us that know about it can get if first
    I agree totally.... we, the bloggosphere and forum Pre enthusiasts should have first dips on it. Then they can release it to the minions.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    How would they decide whether or not they have enough in stock? I wonder if there will be a form somewhere soon for to preorder.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Hey, I'll jump in with that one. I'd say...Pre 2 is coming out June 30th of 2010.

It will have the next generation cpu frm TI, the Omap 4, It will have 32 gb of memory and OLED screen, together with 512 MB of memory, maybe even a 1 GB. To keep everyone satisfied, they will throw in a microSD slot too.

Wouldn't that be a fun phone?

On top of that, by that time the SDK will be fully matured and provide developers with almost unlimited access to the hardware so that 3d games are no longer exclusive to the iPhone.
    If I could be confident a Pre2 phone with those specs would be released on or before 6/30/10, I think I might just use my 755p for up to another year and not bother with the Pre that has been announced.

I can just see how my comment there could lead to more rants about how terrible a business decision it would be to leak an announcement of such a Pre2 and kill sales of the Pre1 the way the Pre1 announcement has killed sales of the Pro. Are we crazy or what?
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    this May rumor is starting to look more and more like a credible rumor. It actually has left these forums and showed up on Engadget, Gizmodo, and even Boy Genius. Here's hoping that there are shiny new Pre phones in all the sprint stores soon.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    This isn't exactly a prediction or speculation, but this seems like the best place to put it at this point...

Jon Rubinstein of Palm and Roger McNamee of Elevation Partners are listed as featured speakers at the D: All Things Digital conference hosted by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher (May 26 to May 28, 2009).

Conference creators and executive producers Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher put the industry’s top players to the test during informal but pointed conversations about the impact digital technology will have on our lives now and in the future. The results are critical insights and relevant advice that stay with you well after the conference ends.
    I guess we can speculate about what they will say...

For Walt Mossberg's take on the smartphone wars, check out his new article.
    Last edited by kasi1222; 04/10/2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: added link to article
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kasi1222 View Post
    This isn't exactly a prediction or speculation, but this seems like the best place to put it at this point...

Jon Rubinstein of Palm and Roger McNamee of Elevation Partners are listed as featured speakers at the D: All Things Digital conference hosted by Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher (May 26 to May 28, 2009).

Conference creators and executive producers Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher put the industrys top players to the test during informal but pointed conversations about the impact digital technology will have on our lives now and in the future. The results are critical insights and relevant advice that stay with you well after the conference ends.
    I guess we can speculate about what they will say...
    Until today, Mossberg has barely written anything on the Pre.
    Apple, Microsoft, RIM, Palm, Google, and Nokia Do Battle in the Smartphone Wars | Walt Mossberg | Mossblog | AllThingsD
    I think he's been in the know for a while.
    A positive review from Mossberg would be huge for sales.
    I hope the first question isn't when will it be released?
    Ok...we just broke 800!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Ok...we just broke 800!
    I think we'll be at 1,000 by the end of the weekend.
    Welcome to the Forum. That's a nice first post, although it's been mentioned already in two other threads.
    Yikes if they announce that they are holding the Pre Launch from May 17th to end of June theres gonna be a riot. That would be a little ridiculous. The Iphone came out with a limited supply and took a waiting list that was quickly filled. I know people who waited on line in NY that day but didnt get it but got it 2 weeks later. As they come in stock you get it. Just my opinion but even if I cant get one on May 17th becasue its limited by no means should they hold the launch back by 6 weeks becasue of that. I have hope in the new plam but leave it to palm to waste all of the good will from announcing this new device by making them wait months for it then pushing it back again ( if that happens). I will like alot of folks here be infuriated.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/10/2009 at 06:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I would be one upset employee if I wanted to go on vacation in May only to have Sprint put a freeze on that and then have the Pre not launch until June 29th.
    Please let it not be June 29.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!