Page 43 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
    Did you see this thread further down on the first page?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...unch-near.html

oops, must have been posting about the same time crogs
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Wake up folks,
    No posts ? common we got to make it to a thousand
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Best Buy training is quick. "This is a cell phone and this is a cordless home phone. Class dismissed". To be fair, finding a person in any retail venue that really knows something about a product (many act like they know, but are BS'ing) is a near miracle these days. I did have a great guy at a local Sprint store, but he's gone missing on me...
    The email just states that training begins in April. It doesn't say it's already begun.

Smelling a little bit of spin....
  6. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    they train them , then they show little video , then they promote on a show, then they talk about how good it is .
    Full Circle, but no release date.

At this point , I hope they ( both SPRINT and PALM ) will survive from the sales of this thing.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    And BTW , they don't allow anyone to get their hands on.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I can only hope some over enthusiastic SPRINT employee shows it off on whatever the $#@$#@ tter and whatever the $#@$book.
    Sometimes when I write in here, my thoughts get the best of me and I included stuff I just shouldn't. But just to appease you, it's not a second gen Pre coming out a few months after the first one.... just ignore I hinted at anything, because, truthfully, no one here would care about it anyhow, so consider it a Freudian slip with no substance.

And thanks for the support guys!
    Aww, Manny. I thought you gave us the perfect opportunity to speculate on speculation. I mean, every other thread has bogged down in absolute facts and totally real data. I thought we could liven it up again on our way to 1000 posts in this thread, and I didn't think there was any need for our speculation on your "Freudian slip" to actually hit the nail on the head. I was more interested in amusement.

Looks as if no one shared my interest, though.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Well, at this point...only 221 to go! Well, 220 after I post this one.
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr J View Post
    Aww, Manny. I thought you gave us the perfect opportunity to speculate on speculation. I mean, every other thread has bogged down in absolute facts and totally real data. I thought we could liven it up again on our way to 1000 posts in this thread, and I didn't think there was any need for our speculation on your "Freudian slip" to actually hit the nail on the head. I was more interested in amusement.

Looks as if no one shared my interest, though.
    Dr J,
    I got it ,sire, i share your interest.
    lets talk about when they could release the second gen Pre and what more they can put in to surprise us. I am not asking Manny to provide any more information. Down south there are many goats that Manny can communicate with one
    Hey, I'll jump in with that one. I'd say...Pre 2 is coming out June 30th of 2010.

It will have the next generation cpu frm TI, the Omap 4, It will have 32 gb of memory and OLED screen, together with 512 MB of memory, maybe even a 1 GB. To keep everyone satisfied, they will throw in a microSD slot too.

Wouldn't that be a fun phone?

On top of that, by that time the SDK will be fully matured and provide developers with almost unlimited access to the hardware so that 3d games are no longer exclusive to the iPhone.
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Hey, I'll jump in with that one. I'd say...Pre 2 is coming out June 30th of 2010.

It will have the next generation cpu frm TI, the Omap 4, It will have 32 gb of memory and OLED screen, together with 512 MB of memory, maybe even a 1 GB. To keep everyone satisfied, they will throw in a microSD slot too.

On top of that, by that time the SDK will be fully matured and provide developers with almost unlimited access to the hardware so that 3d games are no longer exclusive to the iPhone.
    Here is my 250 , for the deposit.
    Send me the papers , I will sign all of them.
    Heck I can imprint my thumbs too.

P.S :- Can you add a projector ?
  15. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    does anyone heard anymore from sprintusers.com ? or any other site ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

I haven't quite figured out why more phones don't go OLED. It isn't suppose to be that expensive and it would have a massive effect on increasing battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    it better be true.
    Goat your patience will be rewarded soon
    I think it will be. Who knows... Every week we seem to get a nugget of info that seems promising that the phone will come out before June. Then after a few days it looks like June again, etc. etc. The process repeats.

The training was my key question though. If training really is in the works then I think our May 10 - 17th prediction looks very hopeful.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I haven't quite figured out why more phones don't go OLED. It isn't suppose to be that expensive and it would have a massive effect on increasing battery life.
    if they increase your battery life, they won't be able to sell you 10 chargers and back up batteries.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Yip OLED and AMOLED is the future - longer battery life (esp w/ new nanowire Li-Ion battery tech!), and the relatively short lifespan (around 5 yrs @ 8 hrs use per day) shouldn't affect users - who's kept a phone for longer than 5 years...? (OK, OK - I still have a Tungsten T PDA in the drawer, but not using it...much!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    From what I understand OLED is still fairly new and expensive to manufacture. This is quickly changing though. I expect for nearly all of the "nifty" phones to have OLED within about a year and a half.

Also, aside from extending the battery life of your phone... They are BEAUTIFUL.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-