Page 41 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
  1. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    I predict that this thread reaches 1000 posts before the Pre is launched. I'm sure of it. Anyone who disagrees with me is welcome to tell me why...right here...even if there are hundreds of you.
    Easily, we are 250 short of it.
    Even at the slightest of the hint of it , it can be filled up by 20 of the regulars.
    I'm starting to wonder if mid-May is being too optimistic. I just think it would make bad business sense to release it in June. I don't see how Sprint and Palm are not aware of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Thanks for checking... I'm going to ask around some more but that came from a district manager; he made my friend cancel her trip.
    They really need to release before June... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.
    So I got another update...

I get a call from the same sprint person saying when they went into work today a company wide vaction blackout was in effect for all managers, but not all employees for May and June. No explanation was given.

Take this as you want.
    ^ and we will take it .....

right to 1000 posts
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Sprint needs to give us a release date at least two weeks porior to availability to get people all ramped up.
    so if the target is mid May, Sprint should leak a release date sometime at the end of this month.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if mid-May is being too optimistic. I just think it would make bad business sense to release it in June. I don't see how Sprint and Palm are not aware of this.
    I'm sure Sprint and Palm are both well aware of this. However, maybe the device isn't 100% finished. They still depend on other partners such as DataViz, Pandora...etc to have non beta software in the final product. So if there are tiny issues that have not been resolved, they can't release a date since they wouldn't know, only a target period which is 1H.

I think people need to know that Sprint is not sitting on their butts with thousands of Pres just sitting in warehouses doing nothing. Its an issue of one party can't start until someone else's work is finished and so on and so forth.
    Hmmmm... Just got a call from a good friend of mine who visited a Radio Shack. Apparently he asked about the Pre and the manager said that sounded familiar. She apparently pulled up an e mail from corporate and read it off to my friend verbatum: "We will be receiving the Palm Pre and the Palm Treo Pro by the end of April." I explained to my friend that we've already heard a lot of janky schmuck from Radio Shack lately and we shouldn't count on anything they have to say. I found it interesting that the store manager heard it was from corporate.

Just keep your ears to the ground on this one and see if this info pops up from any different sources. If other people start whispering that they've heard of this e mail too, then we may be on to something.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Hmmmm... Just got a call from a good friend of mine who visited a Radio Shack. Apparently he asked about the Pre and the manager said that sounded familiar. She apparently pulled up an e mail from corporate and read it off to my friend verbatum: "We will be receiving the Palm Pre and the Palm Treo Pro by the end of April." I explained to my friend that we've already heard a lot of janky schmuck from Radio Shack lately and we shouldn't count on anything they have to say. I found it interesting that the store manager heard it was from corporate.

Just keep your ears to the ground on this one and see if this info pops up from any different sources. If other people start whispering that they've heard of this e mail too, then we may be on to something.
    good one Goat,
    I am ready to bet that the date will be released next week.
    Gbp Good God man... I sure hope so. The lack of a release date is killing me. My spirits are down lately that we'll see the Pre before June. Hopefully something will go down soon. This "sooner or later" crap is killing me.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Goat my friend,
    PATIENCE is a virtue,
    Those who wait will be rewarded.
    Your time will come ) , look at the brighter side, we only have two months left.
    I can guarantee you it will be May. June is too late.

Besides T Mobile is announcing something on APR 21st.
  11. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Sprint needs to give us a release date at least two weeks porior to availability to get people all ramped up.
    so if the target is mid May, Sprint should leak a release date sometime at the end of this month.
    Yes Sire,
    They better do that. At this point they got more buzz than the Instinct.
    Personally, I am ok if it comes out in June as I still think the phone will be a winner. A slow ramp up of marketing and advertising will have many people chomping at the bit for this phone.

On a slight side note, does anyone know just how good the Pre will be as an actual phone ? The 800w is crap in that regards. Poor audio quality. I sure hope that Palm can actually get the phone part right this time around too
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Also just heard Sprint will be sending out the Pres' to advocates next month also. May release is looking really good.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts

Why would Radio Shack be getting the Palm Pre? I thought Best Buy had an exclusive.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Also just heard Sprint will be sending out the Pres' to advocates next month also. May release is looking really good.
    I hope this is true I'm close to throwing my storm out the window
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    Why would Radio Shack be getting the Palm Pre? I thought Best Buy had an exclusive.
    There was a story somewhere on precentral or engadget that said the reports of a Best Buy exclusive were incorrect.
    The advocates could be getting it after launch, it happens often enough. I think it will roll in three weeks or so. adverting will really start to move next week and historically that does mean release withing two weeks (or less) of an ad push.
    I hate to say this....but according to the last info I got...June....

That's all I got...I am not allowed to say any more, but I sure hope my friend is wrong on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I hate to say this....but according to the last info I got...June....

That's all I got...I am not allowed to say any more, but I sure hope my friend is wrong on this one.
    Dude, you've given all sorts of details about what your "sources" have said in the past. All of a sudden you are not allowed to say anymore? Either you are full of it or your "sources" are idiots.

I think at best right now Palm/Sprint know a general idea on when they want to release, but no specific date yet.
    I'm still hoping for a window of mid-April to mid-May. I think the "end of April" speculations might have been a soft target date that Sprint made - just something to shoot for. Just a guess - but none of us know what else is remaining in their project time line. Only Palm/Sprint knows for sure