Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
    Persistent eh?
    its my nature
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Well April 12 will be exactly 30 days from the Pre Webcast scheduled for March 12. Hopefully they give us some more info then.
    I was gonna mention this in the other thread before it got locked, but as much as I'd like to believe you, I feel like you're far from a reliable source considering your history on this site. If it turns out you're right, then kudos to u and I hope that one day you can learn to be a respectful member of this site so you don't keep getting banned. Maybe if you promise to stop using bad language and cancel all your duplicate accounts, then they'll reinstate your original one.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    i was gonna mention this in the other thread before it got locked, but as much as i'd like to believe you, i feel like you're far from a reliable source considering your history on this site. If it turns out you're right, then kudos to u and i hope that one day you can learn to be a respectful member of this site so you don't keep getting banned.
    +1
    I'm glad you persisted. Okay, so we need a reason to believe you. This is from, say, a friend who works at Sprint? Or this is from some guy off the street?

If it's from someone who works at Sprint, wasn't he sworn to secrecy? If he was sworn to secrecy, why did he tell you (surely he knew you would post it)? If he was not sworn to secrecy, why don't lots of other people have this information too?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I'm glad you persisted. Okay, so we need a reason to believe you. This is from, say, a friend who works at Sprint? Or this is from some guy off the street?

If it's from someone who works at Sprint, wasn't he sworn to secrecy? If he was sworn to secrecy, why did he tell you (surely he knew you would post it)? If he was not sworn to secrecy, why don't lots of other people have this information too?
    he mentioned in the other thread that his "friend" is bad at keeping secrets. If this was legit though, he would've taken some pictures of internal documents or phones or something to confirm that this is true. Until then, this is as likely as the March 15th rumors.
    I dunno, I believe he has a friend that works for Sprint. But beyond that, his friend could be pulling his leg.

But this rumor is as good as any, so I appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I dunno, I believe he has a friend that works for Sprint. But beyond that, his friend could be pulling his leg.

But this rumor is as good as any, so I appreciate it.
    i agree. Like i said, one simple picture can completely make or break the rumor. He mentioned that a bunch of people in his friends office already have the Pre, but he can't get a single picture of the phone? Maybe take a picture of it with someone writing a memo that says "I love PreCentral!". I think that would get you some HUGE brownie points on this site. I would personally request for your ban to be removed.
    I was gonna mention this in the other thread before it got locked, but as much as I'd like to believe you, I feel like you're far from a reliable source considering your history on this site. If it turns out you're right, then kudos to u and I hope that one day you can learn to be a respectful member of this site so you don't keep getting banned. Maybe if you promise to stop using bad language and cancel all your duplicate accounts, then they'll reinstate your original one.
    +2

watch ur lanuage
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    +3

I put dmefoc on my ignore list because of the bad language, disrespect, and bogus information (and I've never put anyone on my ignore list before). I'll give 3xacharm the benefit of the doubt until I hear or see otherwise. Thanks for the rumor/speculation/info, 3xacharm ... hope it pans out.
    Sprint Treo 755p
    Isnt there final testing on April 1st. for the Pre?

Palm's Twitter said as of March 1st, theres 59 non-release days. So obviously it'll be coming late April or early May if everything goes right.

If Sprint/Palm is having a "webinar" to show off the Sprint Pre, then it must be close to launch. It's a good campaign, get all the techies to spread good word, such as Dieter Bohn, CNET, I'm wondering if Engadget and Gizmodo got invites..., after that it'll trickle down to the media then to the general market. It's good strategy, with all the hype and anticipation they've built around the Pre with the Mobile Community, what phone blogs wouldnt jump at this chance. Then obviously the blogs will spread it to us =) It's free marketing.
    if you have the chance to read my old thread, see that I said the MANAGERS in his office had a choice of Pro or Pre. MOST selected the PRO.

Again, like I said he very well could be pulling my leg, but I just dont think he would do that, he isnt really that type. He is more about rubbing his luck of getting cool tech first (started with the instinct) in my face.

He doesnt know I post on this site, and if I had to guess, has NO IDEA this site exists (not a knock on this site, he just doesnt visit forums very often).

And yes, he is HORRIBLE at secrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    Isnt there final testing on April 1st. for the Pre?

Palm's Twitter said as of March 1st, theres 59 non-release days. So obviously it'll be coming late April or early May if everything goes right.

If Sprint/Palm is having a "webinar" to show off the Sprint Pre, then it must be close to launch. It's a good campaign, get all the techies to spread good word, such as Dieter Bohn, CNET, I'm wondering if Engadget and Gizmodo got invites..., after that it'll trickle down to the media then to the general market. It's good strategy, with all the hype and anticipation they've built around the Pre with the Mobile Community, what phone blogs wouldnt jump at this chance. Then obviously the blogs will spread it to us =) It's free marketing.
    Phone is already ready to go, price is holding up the release. I have a feeling they must have worked that out, and as one poster put it, 30 days exactly from the webinar makes pretty good sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    if you have the chance to read my old thread, see that I said the MANAGERS in his office had a choice of Pro or Pre. MOST selected the PRO.

Again, like I said he very well could be pulling my leg, but I just dont think he would do that, he isnt really that type. He is more about rubbing his luck of getting cool tech first (started with the instinct) in my face.

He doesnt know I post on this site, and if I had to guess, has NO IDEA this site exists (not a knock on this site, he just doesnt visit forums very often).

And yes, he is HORRIBLE at secrets.
    Well, tell him he could rub it in a little better with a picture.
    I had our conversation on the last thread, he didnt say anything about being sworn to secrecy, but if he was, im pretty sure he wont be sending pictures out.

i WILL TRY, though.

ps.. my capitalization of words isnt to yell, just emphasize.
    Wow this is gettin good...best thread in a long time.
    Phone is already ready to go, price is holding up the release. I have a feeling they must have worked that out, and as one poster put it, 30 days exactly from the webinar makes pretty good sense to me.
    im not doubting you.
    im just remembered Sprint people saying there was still testing on April 1st.

I, for one, do believe its coming out in late April/early May.
    I know for a fact Sprint and Palm are already creating commercials. Or actually they're "colloborating."
    I had our conversation on the last thread, he didnt say anything about being sworn to secrecy, but if he was, im pretty sure he wont be sending pictures out.

i WILL TRY, though.

ps.. my capitalization of words isnt to yell, just emphasize.
    i wanna read the conversation.
    Id like my old thread back too lol.

Im not going to repeat some of the stuff, because it has swear words, and ive been in trouble here with that.. but basically he told me he knew when the pre was coming, told me, i asked why it wasnt out, he said it was due to figuring out a price of the phone, and then we bantered back and forth.

he also sent me a text saying when I was talking to him, he was on a Pre.

His office managers (he works at corporate) had the choice between Pro and Pre, most selected Pro...