Page 36 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
    That's good news - the sooner the Pre comes out means the sooner that Palm can get to work on a successor that offers expandable memory and will have a good portion of the bugfixes applied.

Have fun, early adopter betatesters - I'm out this round! Once, twice thrice bitten, forth shy...
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    We don't know about any bugs, but they do need a storage bump model.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    ,but it was my original perdition and i;m sticking to it.

not knowing is my perdition
    The merging of several threads now has me confused, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post
    That's good news - the sooner the Pre comes out means the sooner that Palm can get to work on a successor that offers expandable memory and will have a good portion of the bugfixes applied.

Have fun, early adopter betatesters - I'm out this round! Once, twice thrice bitten, forth shy...
    I'd be right there with you except for the fact that there's no better phones on the market. I'm still using my 755p right now and though I have all kinds of reboot issues and other problems, I'm not getting something else cause everything else feels worse. The only thing I've even remotely considered was the iphone, but it doesn't have expandable memory either and my major problem is that its not on sprint. As for the storage capacity, I feel like Palm will be forced to come out with at least a 16GB (if not 32) version within the next 6 months or so after Apple announces their 32GB iphone. We all know that's the next step for apple, and it's gonna be extremely embarrassing to have only 8GB standard when other new phones will have 32GB. Fortunately for Palm, they've managed to include almost everything else I've been hoping for, and I hope they quickly release a second gen version!
    Quote Originally Posted by Joad View Post

Time to change your tag line.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Just came across this article:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9131176

If moderators want to delete it since there are so many rumored launch dates please do.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post

Rumor: Palm Pre to Launch on April 15 - Tom's Guide

If moderators want to delete it since there are so many rumored launch dates please do.

The rumor also says $300 after discount. Is Palm serious?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The rumor also says $300 after discount. Is Palm serious?
    That's what I was thinking. If that is the case, against my will, I will hold off until end of November.

I mean really Palm/Sprint? We should check our market research again.
    I saw that one and didnt think to post it because I dont believe it

The Treo Pro is $200 on Sprint, so that might be the real price. Palm will get killed in the press if its true, but I'm still going to get it.
    This is in the 'Predictions and Speculations' thread.

Palm Pre to go on sale on Tax Day? Sprint toes the line on ship date

Big Thanks Jimmy, I am ready for the phone!!

morningstar1844
    It amazes me that a tech-blog that wants to be considered credible would run a story based on a claim made by a random poster in a forum.

How do they choose which random posters claim to run with as a story anyway?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    how much was the 755 and 800 when they came out onto Sprint?
    "The Treo 800w sells for $599 without a service plan and can be had for as little as $249.99 when purchased with a monthly $25 or more data plan (in addition to a voice plan) or the Sprint Simply Everything plan ($250 instant savings, $100 mail-in rebate)."

SUNNYVALE, Calif., May 9, 2007 – Evolving the Treo™ product line to keep mobile professionals connected, productive and entertained, Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM) today introduced the Treo 755p smart device, a new Palm OSŪ Treo for Sprint (NYSE:S). The CDMA Treo 755p is the first Treo device to offer built-in Microsoft Direct Push Technology email support, Google Maps for mobile and the latest Treo design, with integrated antenna, slimmer form factor and mini-SD slot.(1) Sprint is the first carrier selling the next-generation Treo 755p, which is available for as low as $279.99 with a two-year service agreement and a $100 mail-in rebate, and is available starting mid-May in two fashionable colors – midnight blue and burgundy.

"Sprint announced today availability of the all new Treo 700p from Palm. Sprint had announced earlier this month plans to be the first to offer the 700p, but had fell short by 2 weeks.

The new Treo 700p from Sprint is available online for $429.99 with a new 2-year service agreement."
    Jimmie Geddes
    Why would they release the Pre on the 15th (wednesday) when Sprint releases phones on Sundays? Could it be a soft release to us tech people?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    well, just found something interesting when i went to compare the 755 and the Pro,

Accelerated, WiFi-like speeds on the 4G Network No/No

but just thinking after rebates, to still have it at $300, when the Pro is at $199....
    Why does 300 bother you? If its because of the iphone's price, the monthly plans still make the Pre a bargain in comparison. Storm's 199 price? You'll pay even more monthly compared to Sprint's plans.

In the end, the Pre is much cheaper than those two at 300 dollars. But sure, let's be simple minded and ignore the huge differences in the cost of monthly plans.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    well sure, over the course of a year, or two years the Pre is the better deal of the iphone or the storm, or anything else not released on sprint.

I'm just thinking outside for a sec, the people that are possibly looking to come over. But 6 months from now or whenever they open it to other carriers, it will probably be around $199 because they will generate more revenue on the back end like you are saying.

We don't delete them.

The last thing we want to do is discourage ones from sharing every little tidbit of info.

One of these Rumor threads will eventually be right.

I usually give it a few posts to see if other members say 'Great Find'

This looks as one that's already floating around.

<<merged>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/07/2009 at 12:59 PM.
    Just call me Berd.