Page 33 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
    He'll be back tomorrow. You can't escape Plam Pre Daily Gossip its in your blood. the only cure is a Plam Pre.
    Stop lying Haydur. You know you'll be lurking around all day!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    O.K. Enough is enough. There's no new information to discuss and I cannot simply keep coming to this board to discuss speculations about alarm clocks. So I am taking the conscious decision to leave this board for now. I will be back once they announce a release date or when Dell buys Palm and rebrands the Pre the "Aximon".

Ciao.
    Bye. :wave:

I'll be sticking around. CTIA week brought about new 3rd party app details, new details on how they hope to have apps intigrate with their software, original OS emulation, and early release of the SDK, and a new video on their site.

This week thus far has introduced the first TV and print Ad's including the Pre.

A "release date" is not the end all be all announcement for me personally. They essentially told us "end of June" while giving themselves leeway to possibly suprise us. As such, I just take "June" as the release date and anything earlie than that I'm taking as a surprise and bonus, so I don't really care too much when they make the release date known as long as its by known by May.

CTIA week refreshed my interest, not diminished it.

But to each their own, have fun.
    I love how everyone is nice around here until you say something negative about the Pre. Howard Stern was a technophile that had tons of followers until he picked another smartphone and now he's a perv. Getting tired of waiting? Don't let the door hit you on the way out. LOL.
    Ads are comming out in NYT and WSJ, Commercials during NCAA and Pre featured on Sprint's "Now" thingamajig. I think this all point to a launch that is weeks, not months, away.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Ads are comming out in NYT and WSJ, Commercials during NCAA and Pre featured on Sprint's "Now" thingamajig. I think this all point to a launch that is weeks, not months, away.
    The Survivor scenario seems more credible, mid May.
    We're getting there, 6 weeks hopefully.
    Unfortunately, since there is no GSM version even predicted for the Pre, I might have to go with the Pro just so I feel like I'm in the 21st century. I'm still on my Treo 680 which seems archaic next to my work Blackberry Bold. I had the Treo 750 for my work phone which I liked more than the 680, but it decided to die. I don't see any point in moving to Sprint just to have the Pre. Palm needs to get on the ball with a GSM version since Europe could give a crap about CDMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    O.K. Enough is enough. There's no new information to discuss and I cannot simply keep coming to this board to discuss speculations about alarm clocks. So I am taking the conscious decision to leave this board for now. I will be back once they announce a release date or when Dell buys Palm and rebrands the Pre the "Aximon".

Ciao.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I always wonder why people who post threads like these can't just leave without self-indulgently announcing it to everyone as if anyone cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I'm leaving!!! I'm done. I've had enough ...
    No I haven't. I'm back. YEs I am, Here i am ...

Oh Crap. no date. I'm leavin !!!! That's it. It's takin too long..... No more of waiting for this date. I'll be back when something real happens

There was a newspaper add?? I'm back. The phone is coming. I'm excited.

What? No Date in the add. No way? That's it. I'm done.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I'm leaving too! - to check sprintusers.com then I'll be right back
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceanier View Post
    Unfortunately, since there is no GSM version even predicted for the Pre, I might have to go with the Pro just so I feel like I'm in the 21st century. I'm still on my Treo 680 which seems archaic next to my work Blackberry Bold. I had the Treo 750 for my work phone which I liked more than the 680, but it decided to die. I don't see any point in moving to Sprint just to have the Pre. Palm needs to get on the ball with a GSM version since Europe could give a crap about CDMA.
    Uh? No GSM version? What do you think they introduced at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona in February? They just never said which carrier they are going to go with. On one of the demos they take the back cover off and you can see a Vodafone sim card inside.

So yeah...there WILL be a GSM version, but most likely not until the second half of the year.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    I just thought I would give a little insight into why I am not concerned about the release date of the Palm Pre.

During CES I fell in love with the Palm Pre, and knew that one day it would be mine. At the same time my friend fell for the HTC Touch Pro 2. Both were not given a release date at CES.

It has now been several months since CES and there has been a constant flow of new information from Palm, Sprint and 3rd parties. Palm has done a wonderful job of providing information for enthusiasts to discuss on forums like this one.

Compare that to the information about the Touch Pro 2. From what I have seen there is no new information out there, only what was shown at CES.

It is easy to lose perspective when waiting for something that you really want, but I feel lucky that Palm are making a deliberate effort to keep me engaged.
    I agree with you, but I have also think that the last week or two weeks before CTIA and Web2.0 were hell searching for pre news.

All I saw were stupid tidbits about how there stock prices were doing and stupid little nuances about... blah blah

Anyways. I do think that we are now past the proverbial "wall" runners talk about and we're in the finish stretch for beloved pre. I think the next coming weeks are going to be extremely exciting, sprint is rolling out the add campaign, and developers will most likely start giving us hints about there apps and what they think of the pre.

Keep in mind, some of the app makers know the date of the pre, or how else would they be able to definitively say "our app will be ready for the release of the pre"
    It's easy if your app is ready now!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    It's easy if your app is ready now!
    ha. well I suppose both of us are assuming.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Sprint has issued a vacation blackout for all employee for the month of May due to Pre's release... I'm lending towards 5/22
    Can any other Sprint employees confirm this
    FYI this is coming from the DM in Chicago land area.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    did you not see the stickied prediction and speculation thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    did you not see the stickied prediction and speculation thread?
    every piece of information until the phone comes out is a prediction or speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Sprint has issued a vacation blackout for all employee for the month of May due to Pre's release... I'm lending towards 5/22
    Can any other Sprint employees confirm this
    FYI this is coming from the DM in Chicago land area.
    whats a vacation blackout..?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    whats a vacation blackout..?
    No vacations allowed.