Page 32 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    I just thought I would give a little insight into why I am not concerned about the release date of the Palm Pre.

During CES I fell in love with the Palm Pre, and knew that one day it would be mine. At the same time my friend fell for the HTC Touch Pro 2. Both were not given a release date at CES.

It has now been several months since CES and there has been a constant flow of new information from Palm, Sprint and 3rd parties. Palm has done a wonderful job of providing information for enthusiasts to discuss on forums like this one.

Compare that to the information about the Touch Pro 2. From what I have seen there is no new information out there, only what was shown at CES.

It is easy to lose perspective when waiting for something that you really want, but I feel lucky that Palm are making a deliberate effort to keep me engaged.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    according to information given to engadget, the Touch2 is coming out July 22 for T-Mobile. But I thought I seen on the sprint roadmap leaked, it was coming out 2nd half 09 for Sprint.

TouchPro2 -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    I just thought I would give a little insight into why I am not concerned about the release date of the Palm Pre.

During CES I fell in love with the Palm Pre, and knew that one day it would be mine. At the same time my friend fell for the HTC Touch Pro 2. Both were not given a release date at CES.

It has now been several months since CES and there has been a constant flow of new information from Palm, Sprint and 3rd parties. Palm has done a wonderful job of providing information for enthusiasts to discuss on forums like this one.

Compare that to the information about the Touch Pro 2. From what I have seen there is no new information out there, only what was shown at CES.

It is easy to lose perspective when waiting for something that you really want, but I feel lucky that Palm are making a deliberate effort to keep me engaged.
    But then, the Touch Pro 2 isn't also sporting a brand new operating system. In all honesty, I'm not clamoring for more information on the Pre - I want to know more about WebOS.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just want to know the release date so I don't have to be so goddamn "engaged"... visiting boards, sites, twitter (which I can't hate enough)... almost everytime I open a browser instance.

Once I know a release date, I can get on with my life and just get back to the Pre when the release date is near.
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    I just want to know the release date so I don't have to be so goddamn "engaged"... visiting boards, sites, twitter (which I can't hate enough)... almost everytime I open a browser instance.

Once I know a release date, I can get on with my life and just get back to the Pre when the release date is near.
    I don't think an actual release date is going to slow my interest in this phone, I like that there is a place to discuss little things like whether the cloud is a good thing.
    To me this is like waiting for Santa Claus....well, I find it mildly frustrating but yet exciting. Anticipation is a fun thing.
    Just thinking why we won't get a release date until its about ready to go. The fact is- doing so would set a bench mark that others could judge Palm by.
    who knows all the applications palm pre has..
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Supposed launch date. Realistically, it will be another 2 weeks after that until it's readily available in stores. But of course, I will get mine as soon as my friend can get his hands on one for me. I intend to be the second person to have one in town, right after him. Again...nothing concrete, just speculation based on what he's seen.
    Ask your pal if SERO subs can keep their plans. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Twisted-D: Of course it doesn't really matter to you because you are in Australia, and you already know it's going to take over a year for you to get a GSM version of the Pre. But for us here, we already have a carrier and a supposed deadline for the phone's delivery...
    I am not sure about either of those two questions. I doubt they will do a soft launch as you describe it. He just told me that most likely it won't be in all stores right away, but you can get your hands on it by having your store order it. The current Palm Treo Pro is a good example, most of our local Sprint stores don't have it in stores yet, you have to have them order it or order it yourself online.

As far as the plans go.... no clue.
    I guess for me it's a pretty fun ride because I get to read some pretty good posts from folks I met on this site because of the Pre like MannyZ28 and Pedro the goat. Yeah it kills me not knowing but it's another little extra thing that I get to check on every day. It's also funny seeing how other companies are starting to react to their potential competition
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I guess for me it's a pretty fun ride because I get to read some pretty good posts from folks I met on this site because of the Pre like MannyZ28 and Pedro the goat. Yeah it kills me not knowing but it's another little extra thing that I get to check on every day. It's also funny seeing how other companies are starting to react to their potential competition
    We enjoy you too Cary! I just wish we could be discussing how the Pre feels in our pocket by now.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    O.K. Enough is enough. There's no new information to discuss and I cannot simply keep coming to this board to discuss speculations about alarm clocks. So I am taking the conscious decision to leave this board for now. I will be back once they announce a release date or when Dell buys Palm and rebrands the Pre the "Aximon".

Ciao.
    O.K. Enough is enough. There's no new information to discuss and I cannot simply keep coming to this board to discuss speculations about alarm clocks. So I am taking the conscious decision to leave this board for now. I will be back once they announce a release date or when Dell buys Palm and rebrands the Pre the "Aximon".

Ciao.
    Goodness. I didn't mean for a discussion about an alarm clock to make you want to leave my friend! I can understand your frustration though. CTIA didn't really bring my hopes back up either. I'm even starting to get a bit daunted by the lack of exciting news.

Hopefully we will see you sooner than later haydur!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    I always wonder why people who post threads like these can't just leave without self-indulgently announcing it to everyone as if anyone cares.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/06/2009 at 05:08 AM.
    Twisted-D: Of course it doesn't really matter to you because you are in Australia, and you already know it's going to take over a year for you to get a GSM version of the Pre. But for us here, we already have a carrier and a supposed deadline for the phone's delivery...
    You are right, it is different for me. I am in Australia and will be lucky if I see this phone in 2009. Which is why I am so suprised that so many of you are all complaining that "First half 09" is too vague for you. You get to see demo's of cool features like Fandango and Sprint TV that aren't even relevant to me.

Do you really think that Palm is going to announce an Australian release date at the same time they announce the US Release date?
    Be sure to let us know when you return, Were more interested in your return then the arrival date of the PRE.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 04/06/2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I always wonder why people who post threads like these can't just leave without self-indulgently announcing it to everyone as if anyone cares.
    Because they're important and know we will miss them immensely.
    Originally I was thinking they're reserving the date till after a financial report to boost stock prices, but then I see their next one is June 22...