Page 31 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
    Aight cool
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Ugh, disagree with the dates. I think attempts to link the Pre to religiously significant dates either on purpose or by accident would be in poor taste and risks offending both those who attach religious significance to those dates and those who are offended by the idea of religious significance. I think it's unlikely Palm would make such a mistake.
    They still could release on Easter Sunday or Palm Sunday, you just don't have to make a reference to God's resurrection; thats all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    They still could release on Easter Sunday or Palm Sunday, you just don't have to make a reference to God's resurrection; thats all.
    I agree, but I also think there is probably better choices for launch dates.
    Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 600 (T-Mo) --> Treo 180 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 (T-Mo) --> Treo 650 NC (Cing) --> Treo 680 (Cing) --> Pre (Sprint)

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    For the 700,326th time -- Palm will NOT announce pricing or release date. Sprint will.
    Actually, this was the 700,327th time
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    That's Jesus.
    I'm not the biggest Catholic but it's never smart to use religion to promote a consumer product.
    Like others have said here, April is highly unlikely for release, you think mid to late May at the earliest.
    Last edited by patchs; 04/04/2009 at 09:13 PM.
    Yes, nothing is a crowd pleaser like mocking religious holidays with your cell phone.
    You haven't heard about Palm's new app?

Pre-bible: everything before the bible was written
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    May 3 is looking good. I think this going to be the date for the release of the Plam Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by luvbug621 View Post
    May 3 is looking good. I think this going to be the date for the release of the Plam Pre.
    Maybe they aren't really going to release the Pre. Maybe it's all just a sick joke
    Well...according to my little chat I had yesterday.... keep watching Survivor.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    From MotionApps' Classic FAQ:

Q: When will Classic be available?
    It will be available for purchase when the Palm Pre phone becomes available from Sprint in the first half of 2009.
    Palm was first saying they didn't know if would be release when the Pre comes out, and neither did MotionApps at first. This meant for me that there was still a little work to go into the emulator, but not much - apparently bigger issues were worked out, so their release horizon could be held to...all they needed to know was when Palm intended to release the Pre. Since both companies are now both saying the emulator will be ready on Day 1, this must means they were able to talk about concrete dates.

Of course, this day could very well be June 30! (but at least we have additional confirmation it won be late!!!)
    this is gettin pretty silly, the lack of release date, but then again RIM does this with their products too...we were all dying for a storm release date, then when i camped out and got that phone I died a little on the inside as it SUCKED ROYALLY!
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    Thank Goodness I stuck with Sprint. Othwerwise I would have stood out in line to buy that piece of crap also.
    Also talk on SprintUsers.com that Palm wants to release it in conjuntion with the season finale of Survivor meaning a May 17th release. That sounds like a great idea. A huge audience. If I was a betting man I would say may 17th is a pretty good date for the release barring a setback.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well...according to my little chat I had yesterday.... keep watching Survivor.
    Yep this is all based on information I do not have the liberty to ...well you get the idea.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Yep this is all based on information I do not have the liberty to ...well you get the idea.
    Are we talking about the launch date, or the day of the first commercial stating the launch date?
    Supposed launch date. Realistically, it will be another 2 weeks after that until it's readily available in stores. But of course, I will get mine as soon as my friend can get his hands on one for me. I intend to be the second person to have one in town, right after him. Again...nothing concrete, just speculation based on what he's seen.
    Since we're comparing to Apple, when the iPhone was announced (January, of 2007, I believe) did we know the release date immediately or did we have to wait to find out?

My fuzzy memory says that we knew immediately or within the first three months. I'm confident that we weren't as deep into the year as April, wondering when that cool new phone would debut.

That would suggest that Palm IS pushing it, somewhat, by having us wonder. At the same time, we always had good reason to believe that first-half of 2009 meant something like "last 3 seconds 2009."
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Since we're comparing to Apple, when the iPhone was announced (January, of 2007, I believe) did we know the release date immediately or did we have to wait to find out?

My fuzzy memory says that we knew immediately or within the first three months. I'm confident that we weren't as deep into the year as April, wondering when that cool new phone would debut.
    We knew June, but I don't think Apple announced the actual date until around May or June
    Supposed launch date. Realistically, it will be another 2 weeks after that until it's readily available in stores. But of course, I will get mine as soon as my friend can get his hands on one for me. I intend to be the second person to have one in town, right after him. Again...nothing concrete, just speculation based on what he's seen.
    Does the launch date mean soft-launch for premiere customers like myself and others? Or, are you not sure on this one? I wasn't shopping for phones at the time when the instinct came out so am unaware of how they would do a soft-launch. Or, are they even thinking about doing something like this for us phone geeks?