Page 30 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
    I can't wait for this phone to come out. I hope it works with mac, I just went back to a mac today.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    why wouldn't it work with a mac? There's no real desktop application for it and nothing to sync up via desktop. All a mac has to do is see it as a hard drive so you can drag files to it. All syncing is done OTA.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    More than the release date I want to know the Price and structure and if it say $549 - $200 Instant Rebate and $150 2 year contract rebate = $199. Does that $150 apply to us Sprint customers who are only say a year into a contract. ( ANd I am making these figures up for example purposes. I know nothing). Or is it going to cost me a Sprint customer like me who purchased a HTC Touch Pro in Oct2008 $349 (6 months ago) . That would suck and prevent me from upgrading to the pre from my Centro ( I sold my Pro and went back to the Centro). Ofcourse I can call retentions like i did when I upgraded my 800W to the HTC and they let me have the $200 discount. but I just did that in OCT and not sure they would let me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    why wouldn't it work with a mac? There's no real desktop application for it and nothing to sync up via desktop. All a mac has to do is see it as a hard drive so you can drag files to it. All syncing is done OTA.
    This is true.

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I guess I am one of the few who don't really care about the price of the phone... of course I do care about its availability on my SERO plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I just went back to a mac today.
    Let's all have a moment of silence for Bigchris...
    Has anyone seen the Pre boot up yet? Why hasn't anyone asked a demonstrator to restart it? Or have they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Let's all have a moment of silence for Bigchris...
    lol, lol

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Are we still expecting an announcement from Sprint today? Someone was saying Sprint had surprises for the end of CTIA. Is CTIA's last day today?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Are we still expecting an announcement from Sprint today? Someone was saying Sprint had surprises for the end of CTIA. Is CTIA's last day today?
    Yeah i heard that as well. But i guess we just have to stay tuned to see.. I made a thread not too long ago about a video of sprint navigation being demonstrated on the Pre.. Maybe there's more? idk...
    If I worked within Palm's marketing team, i would consider these dates as I looked at announcing my Pre release.

Palm Sunday is 5 April
    Good Friday is 10 April
    (Western) Easter Sunday is 12 April
    (Orthodox) Easter Sunday is 19 April

I would make April 5, 2009 be "Palm Inc" Sunday. On this date I would announce something; release date or at least the pricing or both.

It would definitely be a good Friday if the device was released on this day.

As the devices hit the market, we would know by April 12 or 19 if this thing will be the device to bring a "Resurrection" of the company.

Just some thoughts.

Apple started it all back in the day with the Newton and Palm came and knocked it out the box with it following devices. Will the Pre (and devices that follow) do the same for the current day Apple and its iPhone?

Funny how we Palm loyalists had been begging Palm for years to add the things that Apple added to the iPhone. Palm fought it and insisted that the market didn't call for such a device. Have they finally awaken with the Pre? Only time will tell.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Ugh, disagree with the dates. I think attempts to link the Pre to religiously significant dates either on purpose or by accident would be in poor taste and risks offending both those who attach religious significance to those dates and those who are offended by the idea of religious significance. I think it's unlikely Palm would make such a mistake.
    April 19th is the release date for the Instinct Mini, so I think we can forget that date.
    For the 700,326th time -- Palm will NOT announce pricing or release date. Sprint will.
    With those dates, I think its kinda safe to say April is pretty much out of the picture. Well, until late April. It just wouldn't be cool to launch a device on such religious days. Thats if Sprint stays true to Sunday launch days. I think may has to be the target release windows because it seems Apple has moved their WWDC date from July to early June and we might see the new iPhone 3rd gen be announced there, thus taking away what some more of the Pre Thunder. I just hope Palm is smart enough to release the device before that happens.
    ^ Good point Beanis. From what I understand, a lot of the work is out of Palm's hands at this point. It's up to Sprint to finish testing and approve a final build. Sprint will be the one to throw the date out there.

I also can't say that I'm too religious... But I think if you are a smart phone company and you compare the release of your smart phone to the resurrection of Jesus, then you're probably making a bad move. (Despite how we may feel about the Pre)
    Wouldnt the pre be in sprints april play book if it would be coming out in april. The pre will be used with sprints ready now program so it will be in the play book and it will be tested with employees before the release.
    Young Hov You are completely right. There are no internal musings at Sprint that we'll see the Pre in April. This Goat thinks that once the Pre's release is imminent, then we'll see training and more advertising a few weeks in advance. So far, we've seen none of it.

I won't go so far as to make a flat statement that it is not coming out this month... But the likelyhood is slim to none. I'm starting to think that even early May is becoming unrealistic.
    We need an employee with acess to the play book. Palm needs to get this phone out asap its going on three months since its debut.
    Last edited by Young HoV 718; 04/04/2009 at 12:38 PM.
    Young Hov We have a few forum members who are on the up and up as far as a training schedule goes with Sprint.

So far there is nothing scheduled.