Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    As I have noted I have indication from someone in the media buying business there is a big reserve by Sprint in mid April.

I think that is their moving target.

It doesn't mean that is the set date. I think around that time is their earliest target. If they are running late on that they can defer some of those ads with a small loss, and run the spaces they can't differ with off the shelf promo other product or plans, or if they feel they are very close, pre "coming soon" material.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Way to add the pre2 in there. ...[/B]
    Iphone is being marketed with its very second descriptor as multimedia player/ ipod replacement. It is extremely easy and requires no change in hardware, drivers or wiring or case, and provably negligible costs in integral fitting and modification of production to go to 32. The same goes for bring Pre to 16 or more. In fact i bet that has all been totally considered and the work is done and sitting on the shelf making it a matter of rolling it out .
    pro - 3/15

pre - 5/15
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Within a year, every app available for the iPhone will have an equivalent on the Pre.
    With a wireless charger, bluetooth headsets and wi-fi syncing, you may never have to plug a single cord into the Pre.
    The pro will be free on Sprint all piled in a box outside that says "Take them please" and Verizon will get it 3 months later for $649
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    As I have noted I have indication from someone in the media buying business there is a big reserve by Sprint in mid April.
    Must have missed this in prior threads --- this is a very good hint to the delivery date. Follow the money

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    ....The same goes for bring Pre to 16 or more.....
    Ahhh ... when you said pre 2 i was thinking Centro like PRe, or even a Pre w/ no key board. Both have been discussed here. But a Pre2 (or Pre 16, Pre 32) is exactly what we should see next
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    The April and later prediction dates do not make reference to the EOL document referred to earlier where is stock shows 3-15 for the Pre
    its doesn't - but that's ok. The EOL might not be accurate or may have been fake (thought it did come from a pretty good source).
    da Gimp

I don't know much about the what "in-stock" in a warehouse means typically for Sprint. I know they want to have plenty of units available for launch so perhaps "in-stock" means first shipment to a warehouse and then shipment to stores? I doubt the 3-15 rumor based primarily on the reports of ad buys for the early to mid April.

My guess: general release April 25 or May 3rd. Maybe the Sprint Premier folks will get it the week of April 20th via phone Premier Upgrades phone # prior to the general release above.

I'm ready to buy.
    Since Sprint is a key sponsor for the CBS show "Survivor" which just started again 3 weeks ago, maybe there will be some advertising and product placement in there. Maybe on of the Survivors will get a call from home, using a Pre! Uh, well, that theory sounded good until you realized that all of Survivor was filmed last year.....

But still, Sprint is a major Sponsor of the show, paying for that weekly 10000 dollar "Survivor of the week" thingy, so maybe we'll see a Pre during the ads eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Since Sprint is a key sponsor for the CBS show "Survivor" which just started again 3 weeks ago, maybe there will be some advertising and product placement in there. Maybe on of the Survivors will get a call from home, using a Pre! Uh, well, that theory sounded good until you realized that all of Survivor was filmed last year.....

But still, Sprint is a major Sponsor of the show, paying for that weekly 10000 dollar "Survivor of the week" thingy, so maybe we'll see a Pre during the ads eventually.
    Sprint is also a big sponsor of Heroes, I wouldn't be surprised if ads start flooding on those airings.
    Still saying May 10th 2009 for the Sprint Palm Pre.
  13.    #53  
    You know the 10th is Mother's Day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    You know the 10th is Mother's Day?
    gotta get a card
    da Gimp

Pre 2. I don't even want to think about it, cause I know I'll probably get it (although I don't know exactly what they could add besides more memory...)

I think saying not even two weeks for the Pre to come out is insane. Definitely won't be March. Has to be at least April, probably May.

May 1 (day I quit my job)
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    April 5th or 12th. You heard it here (or PalmPreForum.Org) first.

Dmefoc
    Chris L
    3XaCharm
    Hold up is pricing. Phone is working, quantities are in stock. Waiting on a price for the phone.
    Why would pricing hold it up? I'm pretty sure they would have a good idea of what they are going to charge for it. And if there is a holdup, what was the target release date that is being missed?
    I dont have details as to why its the pricing, or if its sprint vs palm for pricing, or internal sprint, or internal palm.. I just know its pricing.
    i posted a thread earlier with a lot more info.. but it got deleted. so this is what will be out there. April 5th or 12th.