Page 29 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
    Wouldn't worry too much about it. It will pop up on the middle of that calendar before you know it.
    This may be a sign, it may not. Engadget is reporting a new Sanyo phone announced by Sprint. The important part (to us) is that they just announced it, and it will not be available until May 10.

Sanyo's QWERTY-packin' SCP-2700 lands on Sprint

Does this mean that even if Sprint offically announces a date for the Pre, it will not be available until at least May 10th?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Since this is really the first phone I have been tracking... Does sprint usually launch a few phones at once?
    Since the launch of the Instinct was brought up as the last big Sprint phone launch, consider what Engadget Mobile just posted....

Samsung Instinct S30 in the wild

and

Samsung Instinct S30 now official, coming to Sprint on April 19th

The new S30 Instinct, no doubt a phone that will be popular, will be released on April 19th. I barely heard anthing about the phone, there was no buzz, no commercials, no nothing, and bam, Sprint just announced it today and it will come out in 19 days. Has anyone seen it at the FCC site? I know that the tech blogs had some rumors and blurry photos of the S30, but that's about it.

So....granted, the Pre is a much more important phone, but it doesn't mean that it can't come out any earlier than May or June. This is me hoping of course....lol
    well i hope sprint announced that today so that the pre release date gets all the attention tomorrow
    They did....and, as much as I am hoping for CTIA, I doubt they will give us what they want...they 're bastards like that!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    @palm_inc just tweeted about a new blog post on the Official Palm Blog: The Official Palm Blog: Watch this space: No foolin’

It's a humorous April Fools' post at the beginning, but the last paragraph teases that Palm is going to announce something at Web 2.0 today. Could this be the big release date announcement?
    I would expect something somewhat less than the SDK. After all, the official development book doesn't get released until mid-August. I would be surprised if the SDK were ready now.
    The Goat will now release his frustration about no release date or pricing announced today.

AtaaayayayayyaaartrrararararrrararararrrrrrrrghhghghghgwoofwoofmoobarkbarkxoxoxoxoeeeeerghM'erF'inee erhehehgh!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    The Goat will now release his frustration about no release date or pricing announced today.

AtaaayayayayyaaartrrararararrrararararrrrrrrrghhghghghgwoofwoofmoobarkbarkxoxoxoxoeeeeerghM'erF'inee erhehehgh!!!!

+1
    People really don't expect release info at CTIA do they? Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    People really don't expect release info at CTIA do they? Really?
    I don't expect anything anymore. This wait has gotten ridiculously painful, and though I've been hopeful about an early release, I've completely given up hope. We're down to 3 months left, and I'm expecting to get my Pre in exactly 3 months. Anything quicker than that would be a nice little surprise, but at this point it wouldn't be that big of a difference.

Hopefully I'll at least get the SDK soon, so I'll have something to keep me occupied.
    I gotta talk to my friend about the May 15 date he texted me today... I want to know the reasons, etc...
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Uhhhhh . . .

What are you waiting for?!? Get texting!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Uhhhhh . . .

What are you waiting for?!? Get texting!
    That's something we only talk about in person.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I just wanna say that I am really pissed at Sprint for not announcing a release date. WTF? And where's that guy who said Sprint had a lot of airtime reserved for early April for ads? I don't see no ads and no release date. Seriously, this is getting on my nerves...
    It's bugging the hell out of me too. I appreciate my buddy passing on what info he can, but, until it's official, we are just as much in the dark as we have been on January 9th.
    Nah, Manny. We're no longer nearly so much in the dark. Compared to back then, now we know about 80 more dates that it won't be released.
    Dr J

Palm III --> Palm m500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (2 days!) --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p (Sprint)
    KayPro II --> IBM Portable --> Mac SE --> Mac Performa 6115CD --> Mac PPC 6500 --> Mac G4 (Yosemite) --> iMac G5 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr J View Post
    Nah, Manny. We're no longer nearly so much in the dark. Compared to back then, now we know about 80 more dates that it won't be released.
    True...we're over the halfway hill. Things will get more exciting from now on. As much as I want a Pre in my hands right NOW, the slowly accelerating trickle of mostly good news really gets me excited and I am kinda enjoying this "waiting for christmas" ride we're all on. I can't wait to go online in the morning one day, or the evening after work, and see links to "Pre unboxing and first impression" videos!!
    Yeah I'm way too pumped for this thing.

And I know that as soon as I have it in my grubby hands, 20 minutes later I'll be like "Well crud, why was I so excited for this? It's just a phone."