Page 27 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Nope, no new additional info. Last time I talked to him, nothing new had come out.
    bummer. :-( I keep reading about that one thread that got deleted, and I'm wondering if that had ANYTHING to do with the release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    bummer. :-( I keep reading about that one thread that got deleted, and I'm wondering if that had ANYTHING to do with the release date.
    It did not, at least not as of the last time I read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Checking out Twitter today and found this. I checked this guy's Twitter profile, he seems to have some creds... As much as you can obtain on Twitter anyways.

Posted by: LogicommInc

"@dberube The Palm Pre should be interesting...a bunch of us are getting models to do a final test this week...I'm psyched!"

Twitter / LogicommInc
    ... He also dropped a release date for the pre on there as well. He says 04/30 on that same link above.
    Huh', kinda odd seeing how it's not a Sunday. Who knows though. End of April would be quicker than I predict.
    Yup I'm still sticking with April
    Hmmmm... I'm seeing some pretty weird Twitter ramblings as of late. People are apparently able to actually play with these phones a little. I suppose they may be doing final testing of the product outside of the company itself. Who knows though, people die for attention on Twitter.

This Goat thinks that we may have some news pretty soon. That would be a good thing for all of us. Otherwise I was about ready to start pulling my hair out strand by strand.

This guy is starting to seem a bit legit to me. Wouldn't he be required to sign an NDA if his company was testing this phone?

Jim Van (LogicommInc) on Twitter
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Hmmmm... I'm seeing some pretty weird Twitter ramblings as of late. People are apparently able to actually play with these phones a little. I suppose they may be doing final testing of the product outside of the company itself. Who knows though, people die for attention on Twitter.

This Goat thinks that we may have some news pretty soon. That would be a good thing for all of us. Otherwise I was about ready to start pulling my hair out strand by strand.

This guy is starting to seem a bit legit to me. Wouldn't he be required to sign an NDA if his company was testing this phone?

Jim Van (LogicommInc) on Twitter
    It sure does look like he is using one. He mentioned twice that Sprint is saying April 30th as a drop dead date to get the phone out the door.
    As far as more concrete news goes... 4 letters: C T I A

They would be stupid not to announce something then!
    yea, seemed weird that he said April 30 which is a thursday. I asked him if he could take some pictures/video and he said he would take some still pictures today. So at least it would be nice to see some legit stills of him using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    yea, seemed weird that he said April 30 which is a thursday. I asked him if he could take some pictures/video and he said he would take some still pictures today. So at least it would be nice to see some legit stills of him using it.
    I think the HTC Touch and Samsung Instinct was released on Thurs.

The way I picture it..
    Thursday- Premier Customers & Businesses
    Friday & Saturday - Telesales
    Sunday - Hard Launch & In-Store

Yeah and hopefully hell take some stills of HIM using it, otherwise its all bungalow.
    Quote Originally Posted by HChristianS View Post
    I think the HTC Touch and Samsung Instinct was released on Thurs.

The way I picture it..
    Thursday- Premier Customers & Businesses
    Friday & Saturday - Telesales
    Sunday - Hard Launch & In-Store

Yeah and hopefully hell take some stills of HIM using it, otherwise its all bungalow.
    I agree. I specifically asked him to take pictures of him using it. Not sure if he'll follow through though. I also asked him to take pictures of the system info screen to get an idea about the firmware version.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I agree, i can see Palm maybe announcing the release date here and maybe a month to a month and a half later (may 10th or 17th) it will be in stores.
    I dont know if this has been posted but they also talk about an early release for the pre here on the front page of this website

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/2491-1.htm

theres also a link in that article to another website with the whole story....

agreed and according to Reuters theyll be there, ready with the Pre...
    Would you be surprised if Sprint/Palms next weapon towards Apples WWDC/iPHONE 3.0 announcement would be the release date? Id hope so...but we'll see. If anything we'll get more videos to hold us over =P and maybe more features shown along with onboard software and programs.

Sprint Nextel Corp will also demonstrate Palm Inc's widely anticipated Pre phone, which is designed to stand out by making it easier for consumers to use multiple applications simultaneously.

Mobile software, data fees in spotlight at CTIA | Technology | Reuters

I can already picture it. We'll get fresh videos that demonstrate how the Pre can display appointments from different cloud-based calendars - ALL on the same screen. And when there's a big block of free time - that block will collapse in an accordion fold to make room to display more appointments.

We'll get a definitive statement that the battery is replaceable!

...and since they'll be back in Vegas, say goodbye to that worn out universal search for Spanish tomato fighting. Without giving to much away, a hint: Bl** M*n Gr**p.

Why would you need a definitive statement on that? Would you expect to see a molded in battery underneath the battery cover? If Palm was completely drinking the Apple kool-aid there wouldn't even be a separate cover then, the magnets would just be built into the back and it would have the matte finish. No?
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    We'll get a definitive statement that the battery is replaceable!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Why would you need a definitive statement on that? Would you expect to see a molded in battery underneath the battery cover? If Palm was completely drinking the Apple kool-aid there wouldn't even be a separate cover then, the magnets would just be built into the back and it would have the matte finish. No?
    Whooooooosh. That's the sound of my weak attempt at humor flying right over your head.

I'm now prepared to also predict that they will demonstrate the Pre's ability to bring IM and texting into a single unified display that shows your entire conversation - even if you switch methods in the middle of the conversation.

I'll even go out on a limb and predict we'll see a demonstration of multitasking. And get this - a hardware keyboard!

(At the risk of belaboring the obvious: IMHO I think we'll see the exact same demo we saw at CES and MWC).
    Last edited by dwhitman; 03/27/2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    sarcasm buddy, mocking of the recycled demo with the same info that they have been doing since ces.
    I've been so far removed from all the same crap that's been shown. I stopped looking about 3 days after the intro. It must be friday. Sam Smith's is calling my name...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    Whooooooosh. That's the sound of my weak attempt at humor flying right over your head.

I'm now prepared to also predict that they will demonstrate the Pre's ability to bring IM and texting into a single unified display that shows your entire conversation - even if you switch methods in the middle of the conversation.

I'll even go out on a limb and predict we'll see a demonstration of multitasking. And get this - a hardware keyboard!

(At the risk of belaboring the obvious: IMHO I think we'll see the exact same demo we saw at CES and MWC).
    On that note dwhitman - I have a feeling they will demonstrate a universal search feature. Let me give them an example...try typing "BLU" - it *might* bring up some dude in your contacts with a last name of "BLUTH" or "BLUE MAN GROUP"