Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with a sales rep from Sprint and received some interesting info. I was inquiring about the Palm Pre and when I could buy one. At first she tried sale me on a Centro or a Treo Pro but I wasn't having it.

The rep told me that the Pre would be available within the first 2 weeks in April! She then told me that she would call me as soon as it is available

So it looks like, hopefully, that I will be getting mine within 2 weeks!
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I just got off the phone with a sales rep from Sprint and received some interesting info. I was inquiring about the Palm Pre and when I could buy one. At first she tried sale me on a Centro or a Treo Pro but I wasn't having it.

The rep told me that the Pre would be available within the first 2 weeks in April! She then told me that she would call me as soon as it is available

Are you sure its Pre not Pro ( which is available now).

someone was saying the same thing in this thread sometime back.

I am hoping for an announcement in April.

Well, at least he didn't start a new thread for his first post.
    I'm still guessing late May.
    If it was as close as the next 3 weeks, there'd be leaks all over the place.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Are you sure its Pre not Pro ( which is available now).

someone was saying the same thing in this thread sometime back.

I am hoping for an announcement in April.
    Positive, was in regards to the Palm Pre.
    So you believe a rep who tried to sell you a Pro even though the Pre that you were asking about would be available in a couple of weeks? Why bother calling Sprint about this when you are either going to recieve misinformation or be outright lied to? Do you seriously think these reps will be the first to know the release date?
    Last edited by StatCoder; 03/24/2009 at 03:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StatCoder View Post
    So you believe a rep who tried to sell you a Pro even though the Pre that you were asking about would be available in a couple of weeks? Why bother calling Sprint about this when you are either going to recieve misinformation or be outright lied to? Do you seriously think these reps will be the first to know the release date?
    Actually I do believe that I was given accurate information or I would not have passed it on. And the role of a sales person is to sale not necessarily inform so why not try to sell me a phone. She even went as far to schedule a time to call be back within the time frame that I mentioned, so that she can sell one to me.

Why wouldn't the sales reps, who will be selling the phone, know prior to the release date, of the release of the phone?
    If you've been around Sprint long enough to have gone through a few long awaited phone releases you'd know they are not very well informed and will often give misinformation just to give answers. Considering you're new to the forum you might not understand that yet. For those that have been around the forums for a bit and have dealt with new phone releases, we know the drill. And there are many threads and posts about the ineptness.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Any sales rep that would try to steer you to a different smartphone just to get the sale in a couple weeks earlier would also tell you to "hang on and talk to me" a little later just to preserve the sale. That's why you have an appointment to talk with her again. Be prepared to hear a generic excuse about why the Pre isn't available and then learn about how nice the Pro is and how you can get it right away.
    +1
    These guys are not lying to you. Keep reading and you will continue to find your answers.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    ok but its not that big of a deal, I have been with sprint for a while and honestly can wait but I was just forwarding information that I received.
    ok but its not that big of a deal, I have been with sprint for a while and honestly can wait but I was just forwarding information that I received.
    I appreciate the info. It's nice that a few people are least still reporting about info they've received. I'm sure one of these days a CSR will actually be right, but i'm not too hopeful just yet. It's nice that the mods are still pushing all the rumors/speculation info into this one thread. It doesn't clutter the forums and people can still openly report their rumors/feelings/whatever without getting attacked too much (sometimes).
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Checking out Twitter today and found this. I checked this guy's Twitter profile, he seems to have some creds... As much as you can obtain on Twitter anyways.

Posted by: LogicommInc

"@dberube The Palm Pre should be interesting...a bunch of us are getting models to do a final test this week...I'm psyched!"

Twitter / LogicommInc
    Twitter / Anil Dharni: Playing with palm pre - I ...

this dude has one?
    It's not unrealistic at all that a sales person will push a product in stock over one that's coming it two weeks. When I wanted to buy my Sprint Touch, the Sprint Store that I went to didn't have one available, so the guy tried to push a Razr 2 on me...saying that he had played with the Touch before and that he wasn't impressed.

I just told this story some place else, but it's relelvant.

And yes, my source from the higher up workings of Sprint still says April 15. But who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It's not unrealistic at all that a sales person will push a product in stock over one that's coming it two weeks. When I wanted to buy my Sprint Touch, the Sprint Store that I went to didn't have one available, so the guy tried to push a Razr 2 on me...saying that he had played with the Touch before and that he wasn't impressed.

I just told this story some place else, but it's relelvant.

And yes, my source from the higher up workings of Sprint still says April 15. But who knows.
    got any new specific info? Does s/he been able to play with a Pre yet? Do they say there are shipments waiting in warehouses somewhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    got any new specific info? Does s/he been able to play with a Pre yet? Do they say there are shipments waiting in warehouses somewhere?
    lol we went from 2/15 to 3/15 now to 4/15... im sure 5/15 and 6/15 will follow

quick! someone go check if those dates are sundays!
    My source (which is me) says it'll be out in May or June. That's not enough for me. If they'd just say June 30th then i could sleep and continue with my plans to conquer the world. I have to know exactly when. It's crucial. It's...important. Don't ask me why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

None of them are. The next one on a Sunday is 11/15! I guess we'll have to wait until November.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post

Whats with these 15th dates? There are other dates in the month too...
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by georges326 View Post
    +1
    These guys are not lying to you. Keep reading and you will continue to find your answers.
    Thanks, but I was never looking for any answers to any questions...
    Nope, no new additional info. Last time I talked to him, nothing new had come out.