Page 23 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    there you go iPhone,
    cut and paste , universal search, background processing
    We all know its coming , its still no Pre, but the gap is almost closed , and for APPLE fanboys cut and paste is a huge deal.

But take a look at the date , its June 2009 folks.
    Sprint and PALM better ready the Pre in April.

Apple does things well and does them fast.
    I hoping the folks at infinite loop get to sleep 8 hours.
    Just hope when they release the Pre that it will have less bugs than the 700p. The Treo's 600 and 650's were fairly good devices but lacking on screen resolution ect. Palm cannot afford to make anymore mistakes! But they have a history of such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the Pre is one day late (Palm's stock will tumble, may tumble anyway)
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Don't you know? Apple people have endless amounts of money to spend on aluminium products!
    sure I better buy some aluminum company stocks.
    Dell is following the suite with their adamo laptop.

I wish the next version of Pre better have aluminum casing.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Just hope when they release the Pre that it will have less bugs than the 700p. The Treo's 600 and 650's were fairly good devices but lacking on screen resolution ect. Palm cannot afford to make anymore mistakes! But they have a history of such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the Pre is one day late (Palm's stock will tumble, may tumble anyway)
    The 650 had a 320x320 screen didnt it? It took a long time for anything else to match that.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    I think the PRE will be released on June 29th There will be alot of PRE advertising in the month of May.
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    sure I better buy some aluminum company stocks.
    Dell is following the suite with their adamo laptop.

I wish the next version of Pre better have aluminum casing.
    Wouldn't an aluminum casing on a phone block a lot of the reception?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I hope the Pre comes out on or before 5/1. That is when I can upgrade my dying Centro.

Justin
    Has any announcement been made on release timeframe for the GSM Pre?

If the CDMA Pre is 1H09, it sounds like the GSM version will be very late. Definitely after the next iPhone model releases in June/July
    Quote Originally Posted by VikingBrad View Post
    Has any announcement been made on release timeframe for the GSM Pre?

If the CDMA Pre is 1H09, it sounds like the GSM version will be very late. Definitely after the next iPhone model releases in June/July
    The only GSM version will be on Voda in Europe and the 3G band isn't compatible with the ATT's 850. But no annoucement has been made.
    I don't have Twitter, so could someone ask Palm if they will be at CTIA in April?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I don't have Twitter, so could someone ask Palm if they will be at CTIA in April?
    Done.

Twitter / @palm_inc Will you guys be ...
    Lets hope for a quick and positive reply. I mean hell, it's in Vegas, so maybe if they don't attend, we'll get some news out of Sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    His response...

Contact PRPRPR $via$ $Palm$.$com$
    Twitter / palm_inc: @kerrybom Contact PR via P ...
    Thought that was their PRPRPR..$lol$
    So, lets pause and look at what we know and try to figure out a ballpark figure for a release date.
    We've heard the name of the factory which will make the Pre.
    We've heard they won't start until the end of this month.
    We've heard they are making the TV commercials.
    Still no word on FCC approval, although we know that may not be public knowledge.
    We know some Sprint employees are training on it.
    We know, duh, it should be out at the latest, end of June.
    So, I'm guessing late May.
    The good thing is, we have 103 days until June 30, so at least every day, it's getting closer.
    One last thing, years ago, I met Bill Murray at a ballgame.
    I asked him when his next movie was coming out.
    His reply as only Bill Murray could say it, "When it's finished."
    Guess, that's when we'll see the Pre, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Thought that was their PRPRPR..$lol$
    Apparently that's only their PRPRPR $to$ $reach$ $out$ $to$ $younger$ $people$ $that$ $think$ $twitter$ $and$ $facebook$ $are$ &$quot$;$hip$&$quot$;. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $getting$ $the$ $impression$ $that$ $they$ $feel$ $its$ $necessary$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $presence$ $on$ $social$ $networking$ $sites$, $but$ $they$ $really$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $a$ $desire$ $to$ $use$ $them$ $for$ $anything$ $productive$. $Many$ $companies$ $are$ $creating$ $twitter$ $and$ $facebook$ $accounts$ $cause$ $it$'$s$ $basically$ $just$ $free$ $advertising$. $Palm$ $is$ $trying$ $to$ $use$ $every$ $gimmick$ $in$ $the$ $book$.

I thought it was really cool initially that Palm was doing Q&A sessions with some of their engineers/PRPRPR $people$ $on$ $facebook$. $Then$ $I$ $realized$ $that$ $they$ $had$ $absolutely$ $no$ $desire$ $to$ $actually$ $answer$ $any$ $questions$ $that$ $they$ $haven$'$t$ $already$ $given$ $the$ $answers$ $for$. $Giving$ $the$ $perception$ $of$ $being$ $an$ $open$ $and$ $honest$ $company$ $does$ $not$ $make$ $them$ $one$! $I$'$ve$ $been$ $hoping$ $Palm$ $would$ $pull$ $out$ $of$ $their$ $slump$ $for$ $years$, $but$ $they$'$re$ $really$ $not$ $any$ $better$ $than$ $Apple$ $anymore$.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Apparently that's only their PRPRPR $to$ $reach$ $out$ $to$ $younger$ $people$ $that$ $think$ $twitter$ $and$ $facebook$ $are$ &$quot$;$hip$&$quot$;. $I$'$ve$ $been$ $getting$ $the$ $impression$ $that$ $they$ $feel$ $its$ $necessary$ $to$ $have$ $a$ $presence$ $on$ $social$ $networking$ $sites$, $but$ $they$ $really$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $a$ $desire$ $to$ $use$ $them$ $for$ $anything$ $productive$. $Many$ $companies$ $are$ $creating$ $twitter$ $and$ $facebook$ $accounts$ $cause$ $it$'$s$ $basically$ $just$ $free$ $advertising$. $Palm$ $is$ $trying$ $to$ $use$ $every$ $gimmick$ $in$ $the$ $book$.

I thought it was really cool initially that Palm was doing Q&A sessions with some of their engineers/PRPRPR $people$ $on$ $facebook$. $Then$ $I$ $realized$ $that$ $they$ $had$ $absolutely$ $no$ $desire$ $to$ $actually$ $answer$ $any$ $questions$ $that$ $they$ $haven$'$t$ $already$ $given$ $the$ $answers$ $for$. $Giving$ $the$ $perception$ $of$ $being$ $an$ $open$ $and$ $honest$ $company$ $does$ $not$ $make$ $them$ $one$! $I$'$ve$ $been$ $hoping$ $Palm$ $would$ $pull$ $out$ $of$ $their$ $slump$ $for$ $years$, $but$ $they$'$re$ $really$ $not$ $any$ $better$ $than$ $Apple$ $anymore$.
    I think you're confusing being open and honest with spilling company secrets, release dates.... so on and so forth. Apple neither confirms nor denies any rumors and they have been known to deny rumors til the day before release date. I really don't understand this, just because they're not satisfying certain gadget geeks' every single question means they're not open and honest.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ Major blogs (including PreCentral, sorry) got that factory announcement wrong.

The factory expected shipments to start in March, not production.

Citation: FPCB makers upbeat about demand from smartphone market
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    haydur, April it is , no doubt in my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I think you're confusing being open and honest with spilling company secrets, release dates.... so on and so forth. Apple neither confirms nor denies any rumors and they have been known to deny rumors til the day before release date. I really don't understand this, just because they're not satisfying certain gadget geeks' every single question means they're not open and honest.
    I wasn't even talking about "company secrets". Though it would be nice to get a release date so those of us holding onto Treos for years have a clue as to when they can expect to upgrade, I expect that they won't just give out a release date on twitter or facebook. The question remains though, what kinds of questions they ARE willing to answer. Will they answer specific SDK questions? No. Will they answer battery life expectations? No. ... I could go on with that all day. The fact is that they try and make a presence on twitter and facebook to supposedly "answer questions", but that never happens. Whats your view on why Palm bothers with Twitter and facebook?
    Shipments!? Woo Hoo! Now that's a nugget of fun info if I've ever heard it. Probably means units will be in warehouses by early April. Now that's hot.