Page 22 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272 ... LastLast
    crazy, provide a link to said forums, because IF they are training, and a location of the site, we could produce pictures surely.
    Palm Pre Working Demo - SprintUsers.com

Info provided by a mod in that thread.
    yeah, figured so much. Lol, you can pretty much chalk that up to rep pretardation.
    We've had reports of dummy phones before. Hopefully this time it isn't a load of crap.

If they are getting materials, then I think we can expect a mid to late April release. If we happen to be lucky.

Thanks goodness we are having a tidbit of news lately. This Goat almost went completely into hibernation due to the EXTREME lack of news. The webinar was so useless it made me want to pluck the hairs on my tail off.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    The webinar was so useless it made me want to pluck the hairs on my tail off.
    one step closer to goat stew, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    firefinder, i highly doubt they would wait that long. Doesnt make sense to try and steal Iphone customers when Iphone will most likely be bringing out a new phone or OS about that same time.
    3x - I agree, I was more or less thinking of how they have historically released their products, late and buggy. I truly am hoping and believe that won't be the case this time - but in all honesty I would not be surprised if it came out that late, even though I do agree it is in their best interest to release a NON-BUGGY Pre earlier, so it would be able to steal thunder away from Apple..........time will tell
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not" Thomas Jefferson
    I think no matter when the Pre releases, they'll have problems keeping up with demand for a bit. Then around the holidays will come a bump in storage to 16gb and two versions...one 8..one 16.

Next year in the summer..32gb but a significant upgrade. Next summer is when i think apple also makes a significant one of their own. Should be interesting to see..and palm will have to shown by then that they're committed to doing software updates. Apple will be headed to multitasking and more Pre like features. Palm will be going in apple's direction beefing up the apps and multimedia..something apple already has a lock on. Two cars headed at each other. A major difference is that palm could be on other carriers but sprint will probably get the exclusive again on Pre2.

Works for me. Competition is good.
    Last edited by cardfan; 03/17/2009 at 06:12 AM.
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    there you go iPhone,
    cut and paste , universal search, background processing
    We all know its coming , its still no Pre, but the gap is almost closed , and for APPLE fanboys cut and paste is a huge deal.

But take a look at the date , its June 2009 folks.
    Sprint and PALM better ready the Pre in April.

Apple does things well and does them fast.
    I hoping the folks at infinite loop get to sleep 8 hours.
    Sprint will have its day.....and hopefully sooner than later...but anytime before April 15 would be a big surprise for me.

But the truth is that I don't care.....I have to have GSM. Anybody got any juice on GSM in Europe or Asia....or better still an unlocked version for the masses?

I want one...I will buy one....but you got to make it available to me.

Skigs
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    Sprint will have its day.....and hopefully sooner than later...but anytime before April 15 would be a big surprise for me.

But the truth is that I don't care.....I have to have GSM. Anybody got any juice on GSM in Europe or Asia....or better still an unlocked version for the masses?

I want one...I will buy one....but you got to make it available to me.

Skigs
    I would love to have a CDMA/ GSM Pre .
    I am willing to pay full price if they make one. That's the one phone I need for all my needs.

The HTC Rhodium is coming to SPRINT in Q3 2009.

Sprint better release it in April.
    I doubt any significant iPhone owners convert to Pre after this 3.0 .
    Roger Mcnamee was smoking something that needs to be distributed to the iPhone users.
    LOL..i'll just go with what i posted 3 posts back.

The 3.0 update was pretty much expected stuff from apple. Doesn't affect palm at all.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    palm tweet:
    @amberkasim Q1 isn't over yet. Might adopt your suggestion if and when the only remaining dates in FHo2009 = Q2...
    after asking why they don't just say Q2 instead of FHo2009. It's far fetched, but this does give a spark of hope for a march release... well not really, but it's nice to think so
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    This is from Palm's Twitter at Twitter / palm_inc: @amberkasim Q1 isn't over ... via Q1 Still a Possibility for Palm Pre Release?

Who knows. Maybe they don't know when everything will be set, and they are just going to release it the moment it's ready and start all the hoopla at that point.
    *blinks*
    *shakes head*
    I agree that they don't know for sure yet because of testing and approval and that sort of stuff, but even after reading that I doubt that it'll be March myself. I maintain late April-early May, but I wouldn't mind too much having to wait until June if it came to that either.
    no chance... sorry
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    This should probably go into the predictions thread, but I would guess that its not gonna be out this month. I'm hoping for April, but thinking its more likely that'll be May. I still think June is waiting too close to a potential iphone release. Hopefully the latest iphone 3.0 info will get Palm to release it even quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    The whole concept of stealing iPhone customers is flawed.

Why would anyone who paid $300-$600 range for the original iPhone will ready to spend another $ 200-$ 300 range on Pre ?

It will be hard for many to give up those crazy APPS that are downloaded and used on a regular basis.

Sprint is aiming at anyone mad with Verizon.
    Don't you know? Apple people have endless amounts of money to spend on aluminium products!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Apple people will more than likely stay with the Iphone until they see the Pre kill them in real life time loading pages & sending pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    palm tweet:

after asking why they don't just say Q2 instead of FHo2009. It's far fetched, but this does give a spark of hope for a march release... well not really, but it's nice to think so
    That post gets my head thinking....I'm going to say a March 29th release. It's my birthday