Page 2 of 115 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    I think what worries people the most, or at least makes them very skeptical of the March 15 or sooner date is the lack of advertising anywhere. The Pro is not getting any love either, I mean, reports said that the problem with the Pro was that Windows Mobile did not see one of the internal memory chips and reported a much lower than anticipated amount of memory, even with nothing installed. Since they supposedly fixed that now, wouldn't it be time to have some sort of ad campaign at least for the Pro since it is more likely to be released first?

Instead we get to see pink instinct and "redneck" editions of Blackberry ads (push to talk feature in the blackberry)
    Wow, everyone thinks phones can be made in a jiffy. What U think the lead time is to get all the parts and make the phone??? And then Make say a million units. Its not gonna come out like the touch pro that nobody could find for sale. I know speculation and anticipation but its still gonna take time for all the pieces to come together. Enjoy and goodluck!
    I agree with crazytexan. It appears it has been released to Sprint.
    OK... I predict, the PRE will see the shelf b4 the PRO no date in my prediction... but PALM needs the ends, so PRE is the money maker and WM 6.5 was announced @ MWC so PRO will be delayed once more for a 6.5 ROM flash
    When it comes to advertising, i wonder if they'll go all out at first or quietly introduce it and have a sort of beta period.
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    OK... I predict, the PRE will see the shelf b4 the PRO no date in my prediction... but PALM needs the ends, so PRE is the money maker and WM 6.5 was announced @ MWC so PRO will be delayed once more for a 6.5 ROM flash
    I don't agree with that because 6.5 won't be out until Q4 2009. Plus Microsoft announced phones that'd be upgraded to 6.5 and those are the new HTC ones that will be out this summer. Since it's WM though I'd expect to see custom 6.5 roms for a lot of the current WM devices starting this summer.
    Well, I've already gone on record w/ April 10th ordering, Offical date of April 13th. Here is my Predition post

Also - Maybe we should revive this thread: we need a contest

However, After following the baords, i am now falling for the march 15th date. Hopefully I'm wrong and the march 15th date is right
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Well, I've already gone on record w/ April 10th ordering, Offical date of April 13th. Here is my Predition post

Also - Maybe we should revive this thread: we need a contest

However, After following the baords, i am now falling for the march 15th date. Hopefully I'm wrong and the march 15th date is right
    The April and later prediction dates do not make reference to the EOL document referred to earlier where is stock shows 3-15 for the Pre
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Who else here votes that Palm should switch to 3 eight hour shifts, round-the-clock, until the Pre comes out? :-)

Testing round on April 1st? WHY SO LONG?!?!? If they advertised for testers, they'd be taken by storm. Isn't there any way they can leverage the once-burgeoning community of PalmOS developers?
    No food or pay untill the Pre is in stores!!!

The 4/1 thing is just a rumor anyway, its not concrete.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Oh, yeah, because they're not working absolutely as hard as they can already to make sure this thing gets out the door.
    Nothing is concrete yet. So far everything that has been said is a rumor. I personally would not be surprised by a June launch, but I don't necessarily expect it. The hardest info we've gotten so far is the announcement that the Pre will be out before the 2H of 2009. Then there's the EOL list that states the in target stock date for the Pre would be 3/15. Other than that it has been nothing but rumor from a guy who may know a guy.

So try not to jump to conclusions that are unsubstantiated. We'll get our Pre. Hopefully when we do, there will be no major bugs. I could probably wait 'till June for a release as long as it would be nothing like the Storm's.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Who else here votes that Palm should switch to 3 eight hour shifts, round-the-clock, until the Pre comes out? :-)

Testing round on April 1st? WHY SO LONG?!?!? If they advertised for testers, they'd be taken by storm. Isn't there any way they can leverage the once-burgeoning community of PalmOS developers?
    YEss,
    I agree with you on that.
    Waiting till June is a dumb , stupid thing.
    iPhone, Blackberry ( rumored to be a hybrid of Storm and Curve), new google phones, and a boat load of WinMos with 3.6 inch screen , 5 MP cameras will show up.

Then there are always the SAMSUNGS, TOSHIBAS, SHARPS, LGS which cram 10MP cameras , HiDef screens , and even projectors to their offerings.

Wait a second Did I miss anything ? yeah Sony and Nokia :-)

The deadline for PALM ( IMHO) is March.
    They can steal the thunder from the above for about three months.
    I just hope it doesn't end up like the 800w and launch after it's no longer relavent. A killer early 09 phone could be a ho-hum mid 09 phone.

The 800w would have been a killer device if launched when it's features were considered "new and exciting", so I'm hoping Palm doesn't follow thier past actions.

I actually considered giving up on the Pre and getting a G1 yesterday since we still don't even have a release date to anticipate, and I'm so tired of WinMo. The only thing that kept me from doing it was the fact that Sprint with data is cheaper than Tmobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    So try not to jump to conclusions that are unsubstantiated. We'll get our Pre. Hopefully when we do, there will be no major bugs. I could probably wait 'till June for a release as long as it would be nothing like the Storm's.
    Amen to that Pedro
  16.    #36  
    ttt
    Quote Originally Posted by crazytexan View Post
    Reports indicate Sprint is doing internal testing on the Pre. If this is the case, Palm released a "final" version to Sprint and we're waiting on Sprint now. Palm would not release an early version of the Pre for Sprint to test as that would be a waste of time for both sides since it'd make no sense to do testing on a device that isn't finished anyway. Since this product is going to be Sprint's golden phone, I don't expect them to fart around much like they did with Blackberry 4.5 release. Expect it March 15th or sooner.
    Unless, of course, Sprint finds problems that need to be corrected before it's offered for sale.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Dealing as I have with placing people on deadlines for a living, taking three years on a project does not mean it is coming sooner rather than later!
    Pro: Feb 22.
    Pre: Late April to June.
    Pre2: September
    Way to add the pre2 in there. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1285 View Post
    Pro - March
    Pre - June
    Dates !

Quote Originally Posted by bandy View Post
    March - Pro
    June - Pre
    Same goes for you! :-)

Since this guessing game is back, i will refer to this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...d-contest.html

And my guess: Orders start on Friday April 10th. Shipping over weekend. Offical date Monday April 13th.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Pre-June 7th
    Official announcement, limited quantities... June 28.

General availability... August 30.

Sprint and Palm bankruptcy... February 2010.