Page 19 of 115 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    Lol, thanks for your info. Check speculation thread, really, check ANY thread on here. This has been posted and confirms the intellect of sprint employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    She is confused with the Treo Pro, which has been confirmed to be released on Sunday.
    Yeah, and she got the price wrong, too. The Treo Pro is $199.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Well dang. That is disappointing. She was one of the best agents I had ever dealt with, so, to be confused on this is sad.
    ^ Most of them are. Countless Pro and Pre confusions.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    If the 3.0 software update gives:

Tethering
    Cut & Paste
    A2DP

Three features that currently the Pre has one up on the iPhone but if are added in 3.0 shrinks the "benefits" of the Pre over the iphone.
    There is way more than that.

Removable Battery
    Multi-Tasking
    LED flash
    3MP vs 2MP
    CPU and RAM (speculated to be better)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It needs to be released soon - otherwise if it gets released later, it will have less bugs, sell millions, and will perform really well because a lot of the performance issues will have been addressed already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    +1

It'll be a failure because certain tech nerds can't get their impatient hands on the thing, even though they'll still buy it whenever it comes out. But the quote "it needs to be released soon or it will fail" is my all time fav.

Can anyone say tantrum?
    "I want a Golden Goose and I want it now!!!!"
    "You can't have one."
    "Who says I can't?"
    "The man with the funny hat."
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    clinder - u;ve been had.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    One would think the fact that Sprint is still publicly saying first half 09 and there has been no marketing or events signaling the launch on the 15th would have been the first clue this agent misspoke. They don't just drop a new product line in the stores and hope people find out it's available.
    Actually, I believe the price of $299 IS correct. (Notice the $100 MIR)
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    pro is already on sale at BB. i don't understand why sprint is so bad at telling the difference between the pre and pro. They get it wrong all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by clindner View Post
    She was one of the best agents I had ever dealt with, so, to be confused on this is sad.
    It speaks volumes about the quality of the (above?) average Sprint employee.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsab72 View Post
    pro is already on sale at BB. i don't understand why sprint is so bad at telling the difference between the pre and pro. They get it wrong all the time.
    apparently most sprint employees don't obsess over their future phones as much as us? Really though, most people have no clue what a Pre is. Sprint is gonna be an interesting time marketing it.
    $299 isn't bad at all considering how much Apple charged when the iPhone first came out LOL
    Stop teasing me!!!
    i think we should we all wait until CTIA Wireless April 1-3
    I'm putting out my prediction right here and now... Palm will announce a release date at 10am on March 17th. Being at the exact same time as the iphone 3.0 OS release is just a strange coincidence ;-)
    Yeah I guess the next big event Palm should be attending will be CTIA, that would also be a good day to announce the release date and price. It's the last of the big cell phone related shows for the year, at least I think it is.

I haven't talked to my buddy about the magic "first half of April" email anymore, but I'll let everyone know if I get more info on that.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Just curious, what was the time between the OFFICIAL announcement of the release date for the iphone and when it actually came out?
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Just curious, what was the time between the OFFICIAL announcement of the release date for the iphone and when it actually came out?
    Announced in January, came out in June.