Page 17 of 115 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    In other words he said within the first half of 2009? cool...

I interpreted to mean, don't hold your breath!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Not at all..just meant..nothing we didn't know
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    B-model, did you read that article?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3xacharm View Post
    B-model, did you read that article?
    skipped the article - looked at the slides - limited time at the office today
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    skipped the article - looked at the slides - limited time at the office today
    Your better off that way, you didn't miss a thing.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    yeah .. should have skipped the whole presentation
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    it will be available for pre order, but there is no release date.... does that make sense? I wonder when you guys will stop relying on the CSRs for these info. They never pan out, if history is any indication.
    I have been with Sprint for a decade and as far as I know Sprint doesn't pre-order phones.

Someone mentioned the 800w, I don't believe that happened except with EVP, but rather that people ordered the phones and they got shipped a couple of days after they were in the stores but this was not a pre order but simply late shipping of handsets compared to store availability..

Smartphone returns are a nightmare for carriers and by offering pre orders (except on terms like EVP where there is not a 30 day return period,) really increase liability of returns.

What they mean, in my opinion, is email notification of availability.
    I think the The 800W was on preorder

Here the news of the 800W pre order that I was talking about. After they started accepting pre-orders on July 11 or some date around there then they released the 800W at Sprint stores 2 days later and all the pre orders on telesales were on backorder for a while.

Sprint kicks off telephone sales of Sprint Palm Treo 800w, spec sheet leaked

Treo 800w? Well, if delayed gratification isn’t something you’ve developed a taste for, then give Sprint (NYSE: S) a call.

The exclusive Palm Treo 800w carrier (at least for now) has started accepting pre-orders for the device through its Telesales system (877-639-8351). As expected, the Palm Treo 800w will be available from Sprint for a $349.99 with 2-year contract and $100 mail-in rebate, or $424.00 with a 1-year contract and $100 rebate.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 03/12/2009 at 06:39 PM.
    to tell you the truth I dont know why I'm so disappointed, my contract doesnt end with Sprint until November.

I just want the reviews to come out and more user videos and pictures: the pros and cons, then compare it to the future Android & WM models coming out.

but I'm craving this phone sooo much...
    I keep checking back on here for new info about the Pre, but unfortunately it is just the same old speculation from everyone, along with the nervous exciteability of "Pedro the Goat's" posts.

Palm really failed here by making such a huge deal at CES and then immediately having the device splashed all over the home page of their web site all this time... only to not give us a release date even in to the middle of March!

They were starting to gain back my trust again, after having gone to BlackBerry devices, but now I have to seriously reconsider. I'm not saying I won't end up with a Pre one day, but I'm sure a lot less likely to now.

If they've taken this long to release the device, it kind of makes one wonder how long it would take them to fix problems with "the cloud", the OS, lack of applications, etc.

I almost feel like death is hanging around the offices of Palm, sort of like that "Meet Joe Black" movie with Brad Pitt.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    I almost feel like death is hanging around the offices of Palm, sort of like that "Meet Joe Black" movie with Brad Pitt.
    lol, lol...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I am tempted to let this thread die, but really you don't have the facts in perspective.

A release window of 1st half of the year means June and often a slight delay of July or August. (are you seriously comparing BB whcih has had many delays?!?)

We may be lucky and see it in April or May but Palm has done nothing at all to imply any sooner than june 30.

Don't confuse peopel seeking status here with bogus posts on release dates wit Palm or Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post

Here the news of the 800W pre order that I was talking about. After they started accepting pre-orders on July 11 or some date around there then they released the 800W at Sprint stores 2 days later and all the pre orders on telesales were on backorder for a while.

Treo 800w? Well, if delayed gratification isn’t something you’ve developed a taste for, then give Sprint (NYSE: S) a call.

The exclusive Palm Treo 800w carrier (at least for now) has started accepting pre-orders for the device through its Telesales system (877-639-8351). As expected, the Palm Treo 800w will be available from Sprint for a $349.99 with 2-year contract and $100 mail-in rebate, or $424.00 with a 1-year contract and $100 rebate.
    Not pre-order. That was the bright point release on july 10th. perfectly normal release (available from telesales and bright point and EVP a couple days before the Sunday store launch..

Official Palm Pro release is this coming Sunday 3/15 and you can order it now from telesales and evp
    That was in 2007. The iPhone was announced on January 10th and released, after delays, on July 11th.

Apparently, it's not easy to develop and bring a new phone to the market. Palm especially, can't afford to release a product full of bugs unstable. I say, give Palm a chance to do it right and release the Pre when it's ready to go. They also need time to manufacture enough for the initial release after they get the software and hardware finalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post

Nope this is incorrect. the phone was orderable as of that date.

The writer was confusing pre order with telsales and, brightpoint and EVP.

You can order a Treo Pro yesterday from telesales even though official launch is 3/15
    They really should do a pre order. If supply is an issue, as has been hinted at, then a pre order would help them have a milestone for supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    They really should do a pre order. If supply is an issue, as has been hinted at, then a pre order would help them have a milestone for supply.
    They can't except bightpoint evp because returns on those are often one week only. On standard accounts you have 30 days. A lot of that goes to state laws. they can't take deposit. and it would create a morass of dates for returns. returns of smartphones are a huge loss for carriers and are at much higher rates for dumbphones already.
    Wasn't the iPhone released in late June? 6/29 I think.
    doesn't really matter. Me thinks the Pre in a normal world wouldn't be ready til end of year but its been kicked into high gear given the recession and how badly Palm needs it out.

They're moving quick as possible i'm sure.