Page 14 of 115 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192464114 ... LastLast
    Then we can spend the next week looking for the Pre's Easter Egg!
    I have spent some time analyzing what my friend told me, and from further snooping..

I was told the CCRs were trained on basic troubleshooting last week, and the technical studs have more advanced training. We saw this 3-4 weeks before release on all other phones.

Now, my analytical skills tell me, that would put us at april 5th (IF it is released on a sunday) making what my friend tells me to be true. No eating on web for me!! Yay.

Remember, TreoCentral was told FIRST.
    PS. I do not think they will attach a "Palm Sunday" meaning to it, as it might come off as them trying to look too holy, and offend some folks that wouldnt find humor in it.
    I just hope that during the webinar on the 12th, we get a solid release date or a better idea of the time frame (ie. Month of April, Month of May, etc.)
    I think they will tell us that it will be very soon, and to watch some b-ball events coming up for a release date.

thats just pure speculation on my part.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Obviously religion doesn't figure too much in the marketing of consumer gadgets - the targetted "prosumer" is of any shape, class and creed.

I just thought that Palm Sunday pun was too cute to let go without drawing attention to it.

That said, if the inevitable 16GB model is called the "Rosh", count on me starting another thread...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    As everyone knows in the USA, it's considered April Fools Day. So be aware and be careful.

Just a heads not to fall for something that's "Too Good To Be True!"
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    The Pre launch date thread of Sprint Users was just locked up.
    There were a couple of posters there who turned the thread into a flame war, mostly about SERO.
    Nice to see this place plays nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    As everyone knows in the USA, it's considered April Fools Day. So be aware and be careful.

April Fools day is the 1st, not the 5th.

Edit: My apologies. I didn't see your post had a topic that said "Be aware of falseness on Wednesday, April 1st, 2009."
    its my belief that we will know the release date before the 1st, so no worries in my world
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Actually i was only thinking why's this guy starting another thread? They haven't banned him yet?
    yes.. exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post

it's funny that you actually have to remind people of this .. .but you do !
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Regarding the unit shown off yesterday I found this in the comments at engadget:

Joshua Topolsky @ Mar 10th 2009 11:01AM
    There's nothing to review yet -- this unit was the same as the ones at CES (which we've written about extensively). We're waiting on the finished version!
    Quote Originally Posted by spaxx View Post
    Regarding the unit shown off yesterday I found this in the comments at engadget:

Joshua Topolsky @ Mar 10th 2009 11:01AM
    There's nothing to review yet -- this unit was the same as the ones at CES (which we've written about extensively). We're waiting on the finished version!

I want a finished version to review too...
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Very long story but this is me trying to make it short. I was telling the rep that I was eligible for the full discount but there are no current phones on the market that peak my interest. She went into the cabinet and pulled out the Treo Pro (Very pretty in person BTW. I never seen it before until that moment.) She was talking about how it was and then she mentioned that the Pre was also coming out, but not until April. I then asked her how did she know and she said the Sprint rep told them the date.

I know that there is always a possibility that she really didn't know what was going on but she knew the difference between the devices while I played the naive customer who knew nothing about the latest technology. She showed me the Pro and she describe to me the Pre. I didn't even ask her about these devices, she just told me after telling her I needed a new phone. So maybe she is right.
    Last edited by laravia18; 03/10/2009 at 11:59 PM.
    I wouldn't doubt it at all....my source tells me the same thing. Today I called Sprint CS because I accidentally threw away the debit card I received from them for referring my friend and I wanted to see if they could send me another one. Either way, I asked them about new phones coming out, the first thing they suggested based on my current phone was the Treo Pro which he confirmed will come out on March 15th. When I asked about the Pre, he knew what it was but only said that they don't have a release date available yet.

I have greater faith in my other source. I will definitely know more once he comes back from training which is supposed to be late in March.
    ^^Thanks Manny. Sounds like solid information.

Even though I want the Pre, looking at that Pro today made me think about the Pro as well. Sweet looking phone that is.
    This is beautiful. It's sad that it is so hard to share info in here because everyone is afraid that the whole forum will attack because you heard "something".

Thanks for the update. Hopefully this will come to light. No matter the source.
    Option 1. Tell them how stupid they are to share.
    Option 2. Tell them it's old news, and again they were stupid to share.
    Option 3. Tell them the info is bogus, and proceed to dismantle the info to prove how stupid it was to share.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Option 3. Tell them the info is bogus, and proceed to dismantle the info to prove how stupid it was to share.
    LMFAO!

OMG! I totally didn't expect that reply.

You're welcome PedroTheGoat.
    Last edited by laravia18; 03/11/2009 at 01:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Haw!

Seems about right in most cases to the likes of me.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-