Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 2299
    Nothing new. Still just speculation and rumor.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Nothing new. Still just speculation and rumor.
    Well, you know, in this case I'm not going to call it just speculation or a rumor. As much as I dislike the mainstream press, they DO still kind of tend to have better sourcing than bloggers and such. Sometimes. At least, unless it's political. For something like this, when they say the source is "people briefed on the company's plans," I give that a little more weight than the usual.

What I find interesting is the "first week of June" bit. I'm not sure that June 7 is in the first week, unless one means the first FULL week of June, which only STARTS on June 7. Had they said the "first week IN June," then it would be earlier than the 7th, maybe the June 5 date that's been tossed around.

Notice that? I managed to squeeze out every last tiny bit of additional speculation from this story. My day is now complete.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Well, you know, in this case I'm not going to call it just speculation or a rumor. As much as I dislike the mainstream press, they DO still kind of tend to have better sourcing than bloggers and such. Sometimes. At least, unless it's political. For something like this, when they say the source is "people briefed on the company's plans," I give that a little more weight than the usual.

What I find interesting is the "first week of June" bit. I'm not sure that June 7 is in the first week, unless one means the first FULL week of June, which only STARTS on June 7. Had they said the "first week IN June," then it would be earlier than the 7th, maybe the June 5 date that's been tossed around.

Notice that? I managed to squeeze out every last tiny bit of additional speculation from this story. My day is now complete.
    I'm sure they just meant the first 7 days in June.
    I just want to know what the WSJ has to say, not the NYTimes.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I would give a NYT story some credibility. Its not a like a Tech writer of theirs would have a source deep within Palm, Sprint or whatnot
    I wonder if there will be an ad during 24 tonight? Sprint is one of its biggest sponsors, tonight is the finale, and it seems that it would be timed well to go with any potential big announcements tomorrow.

Besides that, it's like one of the last shows that still has new episodes left. I wouldn't suggest watching just to see if there's a Pre ad, but I'll be watching it anyway, so I'll let you know if there is.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I wonder if there will be an ad during 24 tonight? Sprint is one of its biggest sponsors, tonight is the finale, and it seems that it would be timed well to go with any potential big announcements tomorrow.

Besides that, it's like one of the last shows that still has new episodes left. I wouldn't suggest watching just to see if there's a Pre ad, but I'll be watching it anyway, so I'll let you know if there is.
    almost everything seems to be coming up on a season finale, so there is going to be some dead air space soon.
    Who is going to be up early tomorrow morning to check out the WSJ as soon as its delivered?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Nope, just "Now Network" commercials... :-|
    Last edited by Laxidasical; 05/19/2009 at 01:26 AM.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by ldfrombigd View Post
    Who is going to be up early tomorrow morning to check out the WSJ as soon as its delivered?
    Not me!

Geesh 1952...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    June 6! Its offical.
    Looks like this can finally be closed and not a moment too soon! Before 2000!!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

I think I'll wait until Dieter Puts it up on Front Page.

Besides, I thought:
    '2000 - party over, outta time. Tonight we're gonna party likes it's 1999.'
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Besides, I thought:
    '2000 - party over, outta time. Tonight we're goin to party likes it's 1999.'

Hahah well then keep the party goin!

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post

Besides, I thought:
    '2000 - party over, outta time. Tonight we're gonna party likes it's 1999.'
    Wish I had better stuff to put on the front page

http://www.precentral.net/early-morn...e-6th-wsj-bust
    Sprint to Offer Palm Pre Nationwide on June 6
    $199, sprint stores, telesales, Radio Shack, Best Buy and Walmart.
  18.    #2258  
    Aero-

Be sure to note that is select Walmart stores. Not all Walmarts handle Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    Aero-

Be sure to note that is select Walmart stores. Not all Walmarts handle Sprint.
    For me the point is the branding identity of Walmart which is cheap and hoi polloi.

As far as how many walmarts handle sprint, I am sure that is flexible. My guess is Walmart will continue to expand it's carrier relationships as it has been doing to the point of all stores offering Sprint very soon
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    For me the point is the branding identity of Walmart which is cheap and hoi polloi.

As far as how many walmarts handle sprint, I am sure that is flexible. My guess is Walmart will continue to expand it's carrier relationships as it has been doing to the point of all stores offering Sprint very soon
    They sell the iPhone at Wal Mart....and in the mean time, you can buy way higher end electronics than a cheap 19" Emerson TV stacked in the center aisle for 59.00.

Wal Mart is rapidly shedding it's "cheap crap only" image as far as electronics go.

But anyhow...today is a happy day! We have come along way, a lot of rumors, a lot of dates. So....eventhough I don't drink, lets all raise that virtual glass of bubbly and have a toast!

It's been a great ride, and it will get even more exciting!