Page 111 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1161101106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    I wonder where they are importing from... UK? Canada? China? Australia? India ? It can't be Canada/ Australia/ UK where they have already signed-up carriers and since the advertised Pre unlocked.
    Hard to say. It's a big world.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

To many errors in the ad, something doesn't look right.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I'm still going with this dude's calendar:

Inside Sprint Now
    I'd like to see another video or a more detailed video from this person or Coal.
    1. Palm OS NOT WebOS
    2. SD card
    3. Every band you could possibly want (GSM, EDVO, CDMA) and more
    4. 700+ price tag

Am I the only one that sees this light at the end of the tunnel, not as an exit, but as A TRAINNNN?

How many "misprints or errors" would it take to raise a red flag? I'm just sayin'.

Should you decide to proceed, good luck. Wish you the best.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    I dont think this is any more believable then the guesses Mobile City Online put up on their coming soon page. All these importers do this, toss up a page ASAP for attention and page views and then edit it once they have the real info.
    Don't you think that if the GSM Pre were coming out so soon, we would have seen rumors about it?

I can 100% guarantee that no unlocked GSM Pre is going to be released before the pseudo-locked carrier-branded on-contract GSM Pre.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I wonder how he has escaped the axe all this time...
    Smart enough to keep his or her face and name concealed? Doesnt post specifics or personally identifiable info =
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Don't you think that if the GSM Pre were coming out so soon, we would have seen rumors about it?

I can 100% guarantee that no unlocked GSM Pre is going to be released before the pseudo-locked carrier-branded on-contract GSM Pre.
    They have some unusual laws in Europe to prevent monopolization of a product. I remember reading something about the I-Phone needing to also be sold unlocked in Europe. Maybe one of the European people here can explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    They have some unusual laws in Europe to prevent monopolization of a product. I remember reading something about the I-Phone needing to also be sold unlocked in Europe. Maybe one of the European people here can explain this.
    Sure, that would be same day release - not before - as the carrier-locked variety. The GSM Pre will not be out so soon, after all, Sprint does have an exclusivity on the Pre for an undetermined period (likely 3-6 months) and we don't even have a release date for them!
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright

I thought the GSM Centro was first released unlock, then the AT&T version came? I was using my Centro for some time then I saw the green keyboard version.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Negri Electronics and Expansys UK also have the palm pre listed.

I do suspect its as an earlier poster mentioned that its done mostly for hits, but both are reputable sites, and the UK would only have a gsm pre...so does that mean Pre (imported/unlocked/fullprice) goodness for those of us on GSM Networks?
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I thought the GSM Centro was first released unlock, then the AT&T version came? I was using my Centro for some time then I saw the green keyboard version.
    The Centro is not the hot ticket that the Pre is/will be. Carriers actually want the Pre because it'll be a cool hip money-maker (we hope). The only reason they would want to carry the Centro is so that there's a mid-level device that customers can trade up to when they weren't willing to trade all the way up to a Treo.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    the pre doesnt have a microSD slot.
    Sure, that would be same day release - not before - as the carrier-locked variety. The GSM Pre will not be out so soon, after all, Sprint does have an exclusivity on the Pre for an undetermined period (likely 3-6 months) and we don't even have a release date for them!
    I do not believe that a GSM phone selling in Asia (for example) will affect the exclusivity agreement with Sprint as Sprint has NO PRESENCE here. I'm sure importers can "import" an unlocked GSM Pre back into the States if they so choose. Just no subsidies.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    all phones have to be available unlocked in france and belgium among others. But there are no rumors about the pre being available in europe at all, except for the announcements made at the mwc in barcelona.
    Quote Originally Posted by StefanP View Post
    all phones have to be available unlocked in france and belgium among others. But there are no rumors about the pre being available in europe at all, except for the announcements made at the mwc in barcelona.
    Merci mon ami!

That's what I thought.

Yea that person uses wordpress and there is no identifying information on the site to link it to anyone. If they had purchased their own domain name for the and didn't hide their whois information, anyone could find out who they are. I'm assuming that's why they chose to go with wordpress because it isn't traceable.
    Either way - the June 16 rumor better not be right. I'm still hoping for June 5 presale online/telesales and then June 7th for everyone else (best buy, retail stores etc). I'm just trying to keep myself busy looking for all the accessories I need (inv.shield, case, car charger, spare battery, new laptop LOL)
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    As of tomorrow (May 17th), it will be three weeks until June 7th. Can Sprint effectively crank up a massive ad campaign and get the Pre the kind of attention it deserves in the next three weeks?

If the release date is actually June 7th, I think they have to kick off a ubiquitous campaign next week. I've got rumor fatigue, but I haven't lost my interest in the Pre. I can't wait!
    If the rumor is correct about a May 19th announcement that should start off the fireworks. I think 2-3 weeks is plenty of time.