Page 110 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1060100105106107108109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2299
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I wonder how he has escaped the axe all this time...
    I'm not sure. He has pretty detailed legal disclaimers on his site and he never put the release date in a statement. He simply posted a picture that other sites already had. Other than that, I'm sure he and his blog content are being watched very carefully by Sprint
    PALM PRE (Obsidian Black) HSDPA/Wifi/EDGE/Steero Bluetooth Enabled Quadband Smartphone on Palm OS 5.4.9 with 3MbpixekCam, QWERTY keyboard, Doc Editor, microSD Slot- OEM Factory Unlocked*::*Palm*::*SHOP BY BRANDS*::*Unlocked GSM Phones, GSM World Phon

Product Details PALM PRE (Obsidian Black) Wifi Enabled Quadband Smartphone on Palm OS 5.4.9 with 3MbpixekCam

SKU#PALM-PRE
    Supported FrequenciesGSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz UMTS 2100 MHz
    Form FactorSLIDER
    Shipping Weight2.00 lbs
    Availability In Stock. Same Day Shipping (Unless Otherwise Indicated "COMING SOON" below)
    ConditionBrand New from Factory / Unlocked (Unless Otherwise Mentioned in Product Overview Below)
    RETAIL:US$748.88
    Product Ordering
    Quantity: 1 (List Box)

Coming Soon! ETA: June 13, 2009

Pre-Order Add to wish List <Dialogue Boxes>
    1. it doesnt surprise me since we saw the GSM SIM Card Pre relatively early.
    2. would this work on ANY GSM Carrier? US or Europe or Other? do all GSM phones work on all carriers worldwide???
    3. would it technically violate the Sprint exclusivity agreement for Palm to sell GSM Pres direct but not through any specific carrier??? would it be bad business or good business to do so? would it **** Sprint off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    2. would this work on ANY GSM Carrier? US or Europe or Other? do all GSM phones work on all carriers worldwide???
    3. would it technically violate the Sprint exclusivity agreement for Palm to sell GSM Pres direct but not through any specific carrier??? would it be bad business or good business to do so? would it **** Sprint off?
    All I know is that celluloco is based in Florida.
    Now, there is a Pre I don't want. The specifications!!!

PALM PRE (Obsidian Black) HSDPA/Wifi/EDGE/Steero Bluetooth Enabled Quadband Smartphone on Palm OS 5.4.9 with 3MbpixekCam, QWERTY keyboard, Doc Editor, microSD Slot- OEM Factory Unlocked
    At 748.88 USD, I can see my Pre dreams slipping away!!!

Last edited by GreenHex; 05/16/2009 at 06:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Maybe it's an oversight, this statement "...on Palm OS 5.4.9..." would mean its running the older Palm OS, ie. the same version on a Centro.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Now, there is a Pre I don't want. The specifications!!!
    I don't share your view. This is a legitimate American company (not implying that they're legit just because they are an American company, saying they appear to do legitimate business and are based here in the states, for me those are two plusses). Note the price , there's some amount of mark up.

I'm saying that IF I choose to send them money (which I am not yet decided on which direction I'm going to go CDMA or GSM, I don't doubt that I'd get my Pre from them, at some point in time. Only question I have is whether their date of availability, June 13th is credible or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    Maybe it's an oversight, this statement "...on Palm OS 5.4.9..." would mean its running the older Palm OS, ie. the same version on a Centro.
    Good catch! Hopefully an oversight on their part, but unless they correct that quickly, their credibility is slipping away in my book!
    As long as the frequency is supported on the phone and it is unlocked it will work.

GSM frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

North America is 850 and 1900

Same goes for UMTS, as long as the band is supported HSDPA will work.

UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AT&T/Robbers is II and V, T-Mobile is IV
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I don't share your view. This is a legitimate American company (not implying that they're legit just because they are an American company, saying they appear to do legitimate business and are based here in the states, for me those are two plusses). Note the price , there's some amount of mark up.

I'm saying that IF I choose to send them money (which I am not yet decided on which direction I'm going to go CDMA or GSM, I don't doubt that I'd get my Pre from them, at some point in time. Only question I have is whether their date of availability, June 13th is credible or not.
    There reseller rating here is not very impressive: Celluloco - celluloco.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    As long as the frequency is supported on the phone and it is unlocked it will work.

Plus 80% of mobile phone user worldwide are GSM

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    At 748.88 USD, I can see my Pre dreams slipping away!!!

They are selling an imported phone, so they are going to be higher than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

are the GSM frequencies typically the same between countries - like US and Europe and between carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile?
    are the GSM frequencies typically the same between countries - like US and Europe and between carriers such as AT&T and T-Mobile?
    Yes, with the exception of T-Mobile in the USA. They use an oddball frequency for 3G data. I don't get their 3G data on my treo pro, I get their edge internet, which is fast enough for me using my cell phone. The reason I am using T-Mobile instead of ATT is the price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    They are selling an imported phone, so they are going to be higher than normal.
    I wonder where they are importing from... UK? Canada? China? Australia? India ? It can't be Canada/ Australia/ UK where they have already signed-up carriers and since the advertised Pre unlocked.
    IF you're talking about GSM only, the general rule is Americas is 850/1900, Euro and Asia is 900/1800, with exceptions. UMTS is a bit messier, but general rule is 900/2100 in Europe and Asia, 850/1900 in Americas, again with exceptions.

And yes, for GSM US T-Mobile and AT&T uses the same frequency. UMTS 3G it's different, 1700 for T-Mobile and 850/1900 for AT&T.

Usually the providers within the same area uses the same frequency, e.g. in Hong Kong all 6 providers there use 900/1800 for GSM and 2100 for UMTS.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Why is an SD card listed in the specs? Same mis print as the PalmOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    Why is an SD card listed in the specs? Same mis print as the PalmOS?
    Error, I am sure.

Supported Frequencies
    GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    UMTS 2100 MHz
    Supported Frequencies
    GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    UMTS 2100 MHz
    I'm sure those are just rumoured. I've seen other sources saying it will support 850/1900/2100.

But seems like Quadband GSM is given, since it's just stupid not to be so and it's probably more expensive to have less.