Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    yeah thats the one.... funny thing was he was planning on taking the ame type of pic for me :P
    Funny. That might be the only pic/video I HAVEN'T seen yet.
  2. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Maybe Palm has no monies for Marketing? (or a least they going thru the cash they have left). Yes we all want this phone1
    You might be right , all they are doing is sending that Roger McNamee guy to talk with TV. I can tell you he is doing a bit of a bad job. He started off nicely , then he started digging a hole and attacking APPLE from the sideways.

I wish they post more videos. Or let some of the tech journalists review it, though I doubt they would do it.

The real issue is is it ready ? what exactly are they doing now ?
    ^ I agree ^. A nice teaser would be if they at least show that "morning with my Pre" video and even just put "coming soon" - that would be great. I just saw another AT&T commercial with the LG VU which I doubt would come anywhere even close to the Pre - but at least they are putting the marketing out there
    Two things:

1. I have heard similar news to what 3x is saying from another source.

2. I am wondering if they (Palm/Sprint) would delay the release of the phone intentionally if the actual release date would have leaked out, just to punish us and the people that told us about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    2. I am wondering if they (Palm/Sprint) would delay the release of the phone intentionally if the actual release date would have leaked out, just to punish us and the people that told us about it?
    Yeah, never. They both need the phone to be released just as much as some of the people here need to have it.

If there was an internal delay, then there was some issue that they had to fix before release, and nothing more. I still don't consider it a delay since the only announced date was before the end of June though.
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-r...le-perspective

Now for some perspective. Whether you own an iPhone or not, remember all the hype and hoopla surrounding its announcement and release? Steve Jobs unveiled it at MacWorld back in January 2007. The world had to wait until June 29, 2007 (D Day) for the iPhone to officially launch. Fast forward to 2009. Palm unveils the Pre in January, 2009. They announce availability of the device in the first half of 2009. Half of the year, according to my calendar, takes us to June 30, 2009.
    Delayed? Maybe not.
    Right on Schedule.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-r...le-perspective

Delayed? Maybe not.
    Right on Schedule.
    Agreed, it's not a delay until 1 July. However, there are a couple of major differences between iPhone release and the Pre:
    1. Apple was not on its deathbed when the iPhone was released.
    2. Apple did not have an existing line of phones being suffocated by the anticipation of something new. iPhone was not a threat to any of their other products.

Palm is dead if the Pre isn't an immediate success, and Palm is dead if it takes too long to get it out there.

I think a June 30 release is okay, but they'll probably have to be more transparent about it between now and then. March 12th wouuld be a good time for more transparency.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    still rooting for you 3xacharm!
    The way that guys as acted in the forum's = no way

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Two things:
    nnnnaaaaaaa.. They need to make money. to make money they need this phone out and selling. And the need it to be a great product. that is what's driving the decision on the release date.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Agreed, it's not a delay until 1 July. However, there are a couple of major differences between iPhone release and the Pre:
    1. Apple was not on its deathbed when the iPhone was released.
    2. Apple did not have an existing line of phones being suffocated by the anticipation of something new. iPhone was not a threat to any of their other products.

Palm is dead if the Pre isn't an immediate success, and Palm is dead if it takes too long to get it out there.

I think a June 30 release is okay, but they'll probably have to be more transparent about it between now and then. March 12th wouuld be a good time for more transparency.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    APPLE was not on the death bed. They were a profitable company.
    And none in the industry expected the iPhone to be a big hit.
    Comparing APPLES to PALMS is not good.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    this guy at the other forum got an invite to Sprint - PALM webinar.

Palm Pre: Sprint invited “me” to an exclusive viewing | My Pre
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I just read an interesting article which states a June release of the Pre. The reason for a June release is the first wave of iphone contracts are expiring and thats the market palm wants to grab. They seem to be betting the farm that many of the first wave of iphone users coming out of their 2 year contract will jump ship for the latest and greatest Pre. Sounds like a big risk to me.

Is Palm's pre-Pre hype deserved? - BloggingStocks
    That doesn't make any sense to me...why would Palm wait until the close to the next time the new iPhone is due out? Wouldn't they want the Pre out in consumers hands to show their friends with iPhones? That way, they'd know about the product before they signed up for their new contract and new iPhone... Just doesn't add up for me. If they released it in March or April, that would give the Pre a few months of great exposure to show the iPhone users just what the Pre can do.
    Nah, they need to build the excitement before the contracts expire...they need a month or two at least to get the buzz hyper.
    Seems like the author jumped to conclusions and did it more than once. McNamee simply said original iphone buyers will be using something different from that original iphone a month later. He didn't say it would be the Pre. And yes, they did have contracts. AT&T didn't activate it without one.

It's screwy logic but it really just sounded like he was getting excited and got carried away. No way would they pick June soley for this screwy reason.
    ^thanks Cardfan for typing exactly what I was going to say
    I agree with cardfan, the guy jumped to conclusions.

On a side note, I think Apple screwed quite a few people, including a friend of mine with the original iPhone. Never mind the 200 dollar price drop after just a few weeks, what's worse is that when my friend bought his iPhone, they made him pay full price, 399, AND stuck him with a contract. He was under the impression that because they didn't subsidize the phone, he could cancel anytime. Not so, he got to pay the ETF. That is completely nonsense, especially since you were able to buy the new iPhone for just 199.

They have some messed up tactics going on at Apple, but oh well, the Apple worshippers don't seem to care one bit. It's probably people like my friend, that will jump ship and go for the Pre. Besides being the fancy new kid on the block, you also get better 3g coverage from sprint, more features (Navi, Sprint TV/Radio) for a cheaper price.
    What I am anxious to see about the webinar is if the Pre will be dressed more in Sprint clothing....meaning...Sprints color theme is usually black and yellow, so I am wondering if seeing some sort of Sprint colored theme would give us more of a glimpse of what the finished product might look like, and it would also "prove" that the phone is ready for shipping. I doubt that the Pre will ship with those current nature wallpapers that have been seen on all the other videos floating around the web. Also, since Sprint seems to be involved with this webinar, maybe we'll see how Sprint TV and Sprint Navigation will look like. After all, they said the Pre will be demonstrated on the Sprint Network. Seeing how they emphasized that, it gives me hope that we will finally see a more finished version of the Pre.

Keeping all fingers and toes crossed!
    Yeah I concur that AT&T and Apple are doing a lot of sketchy things, because they think they can.

My cousin went to AT&T last summer and got two iphones (one for his wife). After a week of dropped calls, inability to make calls, and feeling like the interface etc. was totally over hyped, and actually pretty crappy, he demanded a full refund. It was like pulling teeth, but he finally got one. Then he went with T-Mobile/G1 and he's been much happier.
    I predict July 13th as the release date!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez View Post
    I predict July 13th as the release date!
    Why would you say such a hateful thing! It's not even a Friday either!