Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2299
    I just typed in gogle.com and it still went to Google.

YES! Pre is coming!
    Interesting...no updates from this guy as well:

Inside Sprint Now
    ...we had a lovely conversation. I asked her how her day was going, and it was going just fine. She just got off lunch and had a triple-decker PBJ. The only thing she said was bothering her was that people kept calling in asking about the Pre when they have absolutely no information at all about the release date or price. She was happy that I didn't ask her about the Pre and thanked me a few times.

We then talked about her children. She has twin daughters, age 4. She said the weather was nice, and gave me her personal extension to call her anytime, as long it didn't have anything to do with the Pre.

People...c'mon. Stop calling and asking Sprint reps about the Pre. I can guarantee you that we will know on this board way ahead of when the Sprint reps will know.
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    I am the guy he spoke too, I told him not to post the info I told him on the web. He betrayed me and I may loose my rep job... Thanks man
    With the job market the way it is, your frat brother may have made friends by getting you fired.

Just to be sure I'm straight on this - you're upset because you asked someone not to reveal information that you weren't supposed to be revealing...

OK, I'm lost, 'splain it to me again...
    Quote Originally Posted by cabezza View Post
    i saw elvis and he was eating peanut butter banana sandwiches with janis joplin. they were complaining that jim morrison smoked all the goodies
    So?? The important question is what did Elvis have to say about the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I think your friend's cousin and I might be related, I heard the same rumor about a rumor from my cousin this morning, although she heard it from her friend's sister's boyfriend. Totally reliable! Believe it!
    If I'm not mistaken, your friend's sister's boyfriend's uncle is my friend's boss's cousin's fiancee. Which means that the Pre will come out after the next rumor regarding the announcement of, but before the rumored release of, the next iPhone, which won't have multitasking but will be able to distinguish between fat and no-fat yogurt. Therefore, Palm's handling of Sprint in announcing and releasing the Pre has been a miserable failure, unless the moon is in its zenith and Jupiter and Mars are in alignment with Venus, in which case the Eos will outshine the Pre as an iPhone killer and Blackberry companion. But in any case Palm's reliance upon Sprint's cloud has no silver lining, because tethering is preferable to Bluetooth unless Google goes down, in which case Exchange is the only way to fly. While the Pre will have visual voicemail, it won't have alarms or butterscotch pudding, thus rendering its 8GB of non-expandable storage insufficient for a day's worth of lunch appointments. And $69.99 is too damn much for the Touchstone!

And that's the entire rumor, one day early. Merry Christmas!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by cabezza View Post
    i saw elvis and he was eating peanut butter banana sandwiches with janis joplin. they were complaining that jim morrison smoked all the goodies
    Weird, i saw Elvis in my bath tub this morning. It was pretty awkward trying to take a shower with him staring at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    I am the guy he spoke too, I told him not to post the info I told him on the web. He betrayed me and I may loose my rep job... Thanks man
    I feel for you man, sprint is a great company but they do kinda treat their employees especially their RCC's(retail communications consultant) like crap. How do I know? My GF has been an RCC with sprint since 2006. If the information is true then great, but we still haven't had the official announcement yet so who knows??
    this post is an example of why we need a thumbs down button......
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    We are at the point now where we don't know anymore who's joking and who's actually giving us valid information.
    Only figured that out huh. I've been spinning my head here to.
    My friend works at Verizon, he heard of it, but has never seen it.
    Quote Originally Posted by speakeazy86 View Post
    this post is an example of why we need a thumbs down button......
    It's just the same as all the other "rumor" posts, for entertainment purposes only.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I believe this man.
    Just stopped by a Best Buy on the way home for the heck of it. Asked a girl at the phone area if this BB would be carrying the Palm Pre. She looked confused but there was a store manager and a woman at the counter nodding head "yes" real big. The manager came over and said yes they would be carrying it and, in fact this (the nodding woman) was their Sprint rep right here telling us some things about the launch.

What she told me:

-There would be a big announcemnt next Wed (May 20) on when you could buy the phone and on price. Would not tell me when it would be launced, just said "real soon now"

-She has trained on it and played with it. Says its the most amazing phone she has ever used. Went on and on about the features we know about, the cards, the multitasking, the notifications, etc.

-Said availablity should not be a problem, from what she has been told, there will be pleanty of units. Said fastest way though was to probably get on one of the lists at one of the local stores in our town since she expects the phone sales to be swamped. Said already over 220,000 have signed up on-line with Sprint

-Said its her understanding it will ship with video recording. Unit she had had played with had video.

-Said Sprint stores may not have the touchstone at launch. Said would would not be unusual for BB to have the exclusive retail on it for 30 or even 60 days depending on "how much best buy has paid for it."

-Premere customers would not be ordering early, said it would be first come first servied, but would get their premere upgrade like on any other phone.

Before my BB stop I stopped at the corporate store in town. They obviously knew something and were not going to say much. (want to play poker with them...). All they would say at first is that they will get notified just before the announcement. They also said that availability/ # of units should not be a problem and that "if I am on their list, I will get one." I said i was worried that it would come out when I was on vacation (June 3-10) and he said that "might be a problem." but that he would make sure I got one.
    Last edited by midmofan; 05/14/2009 at 05:42 PM.
    sounds credible.
    couple of things.

there maybe 220,000 of sign-ups to get info but I bet a lot of those are duplicate.

I found the idea that premiere would get theirs early or even any preference not very credible. Sprint is going to prefer any new account or a resign of person at end of contract with upsell. so her comments on that sound correct.

Store lists is correct. my store has a list. In the past my store has always held phones for me and I think a lot of stores will hold them for people on wait lists. But some stores may just use that for notification.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Nice stuff!!

video recording
    So sad...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    This had me smiling! I just really hope Sprint gets it first.
    According to the sprint guy I talked to today, he said that as long as you are on the mailing list, that would be the fastest way to get one..
    that sounds similar to what i got at the a best buy near me. the guy actually told me june. but no date, mentioned a rep was in and informed him of a few things. so thats cool. i did not know about signing up on a "list" if that is the case. i will hit up my local sprint store and get my *** on that list!

i think id cry and throw a tantrum if i didnt get the pre on launch day.