1.    #1  
    So no one seemed to have mentioned when/if Palm would be speaking at MWC, so I decided to check out the main MWC site. I browsed over to "conference agenda" where each session is broken up by day and time, and I can't seem to find ANY mention of palm at all. I know they have a big presence in terms of showing off small demos, but it makes no sense that they wouldn't make a big presentation. Anyone have any info on that?
    I was wondering that myself, but I guess its kinda obvious now that they were just there to say 'Hey, we gotta a GSM Pre, too!' I was hoping for another Keynote...
  3.    #3  
    yea, seems like a good time to boast about all the cool features the Pre will have, and come out with some new cool tidbits of info. I feel like after their showing at CES, they had a lot to live up to.
    hum.....odd.

what is there plan?

they are smart....they know what they are doing.

but what are they thinking?
    Why would they need a press conference to announce the device? Any tech site already heard about it after CES, so they're doing all they have to to get more buzz, letting people actually use it... which quite frankly is a lot more effective at this stage than talking about how it works.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Why would they need a press conference to announce the device? Any tech site already heard about it after CES, so they're doing all they have to to get more buzz, letting people actually use it... which quite frankly is a lot more effective at this stage than talking about how it works.
    I agree that they've made the big announcements at CES. But I feel like there should be some stuff to announce still. At least if they could announce a date/price that would be very significant and would get people excited again.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I agree that they've made the big announcements at CES. But I feel like there should be some stuff to announce still. At least if they could announce a date/price that would be very significant and would get people excited again.
    Yeah, but people in Europe don't care about a CDMA release date, and I have a feeling they might not announce any European carriers and dates until after we have the Sprint one.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I read from TamsPalm site that they only have a booth there to show the 3G GSM Pre. However, nobody is allowed to touch/play with it. Only the designated Palm staff is there to demo the unit. Unlike HTC, Nokia, LG, SE, which allows some (if not all) visitors to touch/play with their new devices, Palm stick to the same hands-off policy in CES 2009. Kinda disappointing if you ask me.

I'm not sure if this means that WebOS is still in Alpha stage right now.
    lol. I was reading this and the tag lines to the New Battlestar series popped into my head

all of this has happened before, all of this will happen again.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I agree they should put on a conference too, I'm sure a lot of European's didn't show up @ CES, here are the posters from other posts;

http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-twittered

http://twitpic.com/1i7hl

http://tamspalm.tamoggemon.com/2009/...rt-of-failure/
    Last edited by Palmfood; 02/17/2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Added a third URL
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    is might also be cheaper this way ...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I was also thinking just now, another advantage of not having an actual event is that they're not set in when they announce. I mean, say there was an event yesterday, then something awesome comes out today, then they're sort of stuck. But by not having an event, that sort of gives them the availability to announce more information after the show to sort of counteract any buzz about new devices that have been announced at the show.