Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    10. Amazon store...interesting to see if they go beyond music

9. Ability to tether which should be nice on a rev a palm phone. I don't think any old palm os phones have that speed.

8. Useful apps & app catalog. Docs-to-go being one of them.

7. Best network (in my area). No more lousy AT&T coverage and dropped calls.

6. Cost...will save bunches each month

5. Synergy..you know this

4. capacitive touch screen, kb, and form factor...not another like it

3. Features...you know these

2. WebOS...slick UI, notifications, multitasking, universal search, upcoming flash

1. Perception...an iphone like experience without being embarrassed of owning an iphone. Plus the smartphone features you want in a smartphone. Nothing like taking a client to lunch and whipping out the iphone..i usually avoid showing it or using it in this context.
    [QUOTE=cardfan;1557945]10. Amazon store...interesting to see if they go beyond music

Agreed...this would be huge if you could purchase most anything Amazon sells right from your device. No one has touched the "buy anything from your phone" area yet.

Let me add my own:

* "Open" (at least compared to Apple) architecture. My Iphone 3g is barely a smartphone (jailbroken), even compared to my Treo 700p. As dated as the interface is, I can do most anything with the 700p as the Iphone. I can't wait to see what developers come up with for WebOS.

* A real keyboard!

* Calendar is aware and will automate tasks of contacting people when you're late, and map out your route for you using GPS

* It *isn't* an Iphone or a Blackberry.

Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    cut/copy and paste.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    *It Isn't* a Blackberry or an iPhone?

Let's hope it doesn't become either of them. I want Palm to do well, but at the same time I sure don't want to see 300 of my phones while walking through a restaurant. I want us hardcore techies to have them exclusively for a while, so I know that everyone I see with a Palm Pre I can strike up a tech conversation with.

1 year from now... I think EVERYONE will have a WebOS device. Then I'll just have to hold on to the fact that I was one of the first who "Believed". Haw!
  5.    #5  
    Ditto..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    1 year from now... I think EVERYONE will have a WebOS device. Then I'll just have to hold on to the fact that I was one of the first who "Believed". Haw!
    Wow, you are more optimistic than Palm is.
    Uhm...as mentioned before on numerous occasions, I have a Sprint Touch...sometimes, while bored at work I just browse around Amazon on my phone using Opera Mobile 9.5. It's only been one occasion, but they had a killer Blu Ray deal that I couldn't pass up, so I bought it right there over the phone.

Stupid? Probably! But it works. Another to check off the "Life to do list"..... buy movies online using your phone. lol
    i don't understand how anyone could want this after using a blackberry. I was initially interested but then came to find out synergy is pretty lame at this point and by the time its actually worth a damn I could have been connected to all my mail/messenger accounts with BIS service.

the pre looks like an amazing phone, but as of now i can't see myself ditching my blackberry for it even though i'm dying for something new. push mail is such an important feature and once u've had it it's difficult to live without it.

I need a device that will replace the blackberry in that respect. not just my gmail
    i simply like the fact its a cross over.

part, but mostly, a work phone. with some playing capibilities when your bored.

and it looks really really cool!!!! love the stone idea.
    Don't underestimate how "sexy" this phone is. People will want it. Someone on the WMC commented on how big the other phones were and how the Pre was just the right size. Match that with synergy, Facebook, etc. and this phone is a winner.
    I am weird, I am on MySpace.... I am hoping they will make an app for it too, because I really don't want to start all over on Facebook.
    Synergy won't really work with myspace, the only contact info you might get out of it is an email. No phones or addresses. Now a myspace app is most likely something you can probably count on seeing from myspace soon after.
    Because it's a Palm, simply
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    10. You're an executive at Palm
    9. You're an executive at Sprint
    8. You're a hardware engineer at Palm
    7. You're a device tester at Sprint
    6. You're a device tester at the FCC
    5. You're a software engineer at Palm
    4. You're a training curriculum developer at Sprint
    3. You're a product photographer at Palm
    2. You work in the OEM factory building the Pre
    1. You're a private beta tester

Come on, these are the only reasons why you'd own a Pre today. The bloody phone isn't out yet and won't be for months.
    ^ Haw! He's got a point. Good play on words.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by deleonj1225 View Post
    Synergy won't really work with myspace, the only contact info you might get out of it is an email. No phones or addresses. Now a myspace app is most likely something you can probably count on seeing from myspace soon after.
    I am oblivious to Facebook, I had no idea people actually put their address and phone number in there, I thought it was just another more powerful version of Myspace. Learn something new every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am oblivious to Facebook, I had no idea people actually put their address and phone number in there, I thought it was just another more powerful version of Myspace. Learn something new every day.
    From my experience with Facebook, they don't put that information on there.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor To Pre View Post
    ... Someone on the WMC commented on how big the other phones were and how the Pre was just the right size...
    The form factor is important to me. My BB Curve was the perfect size, but the screen could have been larger. The Pre solves that issue with the slide out keyboard.

The original iPhone I had for two weeks was too large. I liked it when I read that the Pre is smaller than the iPhone when closed (looks Curve sized), yet larger with the keyboard extended. I never liked how the software keyboard of the iPhone (or any other) takes up so much real estate on the screen. I want to see a blank page for some reason...

But the Pre's software keypad to dial is great. Dialing numbers on the BB was cumbersome to say the least.

Course this would mean nothing if not for the nifty new webos. Just give me a fast folder based newsreader quickly please.

Yep, you can palm the Pre!
    Last edited by galavanter; 02/17/2009 at 07:51 AM.
    @Buzzard, the Blackberry fan:

I know why a Blackberry user would want this. I have a Curve and I do like it but there are a bunch of reasons I want a Pre instead. The fact is you can listen to music, do email, add contacts, browse the web and more on tons of phones today. It is the quality and ease of doing thede things that matters.

1. It WILL have push email. In addition to Gmail via push it has Exchange Active Sync which does a pretty good job with email and contacts. If you have Groupwise or Notes there should be third party integrations that work well - just like there are for other platforms. Yahoo and others will get there.

2. I want the bigger touch screen. Big screen and small device will be great. I like the trackball but a full touch interface will be a lot better.

3. The media player on the BB is very mediochre and I am hoping the Pre is much better.

4. Talk about a dated interface, BB has one of the oldest. Look at the Storm. The GUI is much, much better on the Pre.

5. I use Facebook and this will provide much better integration.

6. Linkedin!! If you rely on a network of people this will be awesome.

6. The BB browser is very weak. Yes, I am using it to post now, but it is a pain and it is ugly. I have tried Opera and Bolt and they are so-so.

7. Why do I have to pay an extra $40 per month for BES? Why does my company have to spend thousands for a BES server?

And I am sure there are more good reasons but I am out of time this morning.
    maybe we should ask david letterman ?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast