Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was just at my local sprint store to get a charger for my cell phone (left mine in FL at my friends house over the weekend) and the lady I usually speak with told me that she just heard internally that the release date is going to be March 15th 2009.

I gave her my number and she is going to give me a call when the shipment comes in so I can get first dibs on a Pre. I think I can hold out another month. Anyone else hear of this date for a release?
    That is a Sunday...

...and people couldve confused a 2 with a 3 if it was written sloppy...

...another conspiracy theory...?
    Did this really require yet another speculative release date thread?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Did this really require yet another speculative release date thread?
    Yes, because I am confident that this is the real release date!
    So was the guy that started the thread for Feb 15 release ;-)
    Though in fairness, we have seen actual leaked data from Sprint that they're aiming for an in-stock date of March 15, which is more than can be said for February 15.
    Yeah, that's the date that was on that internal document that I think BGR was talking about. Not sure why afterwards they speculated that Sprint will hold the phone back for a couple of months to get rid of the 755p stock based on that the EOL of the 755p was in june or july.
    Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    I sure hope they get it out by then! I keep hearing all this hype about the Pre but there's no SDK or Phone out to back this up.

All of this hype with no product reminds me of a quote I read from an article about failed chips: "The biggest flops flop big because of hype." (A brief history of chip hype--and flops (part 1) | Nanotech - The Circuits Blog - CNET News) I sure hope this isn't going to be the case!
    --WhoAmI--
    Sprint Palm Treo 700p with MR --> Palm Pre

T-Money is now available for the webOS! Financial planning has never been easier.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i posted a couple weeks ago that my local sprint rep was confident about a mid-march release. i'm not that confident about his confidence though. i'm hoping the pre is out sooner than june, but not holding my breath.
    My journey: PalmPilotPro->PalmPilotIIIx->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650->Treo755p->Pre->FrankenPre2
    If the Pre is coming out on 3/15, when is the Pro coming out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin C View Post
    3/15
    http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-targ...-and-htc-cedar
    Just call me Berd.
    Sooo...they are both going to roll at the same time?
    i'm sure that the PRO is coming out on 3/15... not the PRE
    Switched from the iPhone to Treo Pro
    Sooo...they are both going to roll at the same time?
    I just don't know about the 3/15 Pre.
    I guess we can hope.

I find it easier to believe that most these sprint store reps don't know a pro from a pre.
    Just call me Berd.
    Im sure they tried to get it out by Feb 15th. Now they are trying to get it out by March 15. They want this thing out as soon as they can. So when its ready with a minimal amount of bugs as possible they will get it out.
    Here's what I've noticed about most these rumor threads.
    They started with people asking this Sprint rep when the Pre was coming out. We educated TC members would come back with; 'the rep is confusing the Pre with the Pro, You need to ask them if they are sure it's the Pre and not the Pro.'
    One thing I haven't noticed is the rep saying; 'let me dbl check.'

Still, the best suggestion I've heard from a TC member was to ask for dates for both the Pre and the Pro.
    Just call me Berd.
    I personally am guessing that the Pre will end up being more like beginning to mid April or so, even though the in-stock date says March 15, but people should expect June, and just see what happens so as to not be disappointed.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Here's what I've noticed about most these rumor threads.
    They started with people asking this Sprint rep when the Pre was coming out. We educated TC members would come back with; 'the rep is confusing the Pre with the Pro, You need to ask them if they are sure it's the Pre and not the Pro.'
    One thing I haven't noticed is the rep saying; 'let me dbl check.'

Still, the best suggestion I've heard from a TC member was to ask for dates for both the Pre and the Pro.
    The rep i spoke with knew the difference between the phones. She even pulled up the Pre page at sprint.com
    It would be an amazing day if true.
    Just call me Berd.
    Well, I was at a Sprint Store yesterday because my buddy was buying a Touch Pro, and they had a box display of the Treo Pro there, no date on it or anything though.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast