Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Yep, think June and hope that it isn't delayed beyond that. If its released sooner you can jump up and down and do a little dance..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    ...Perhaps in creation theory this is true, but in business and the rational world it is indeed evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    If both the Pre and the Pro were coming out on the same day (March 15th), wouldn't they announce them both on the same day? It does not make sense to announce one earlier than the other if they are both due out the same day.
    They would announce pre considerably before the Pro if they were coming the same day
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    They would announce pre considerably before the Pro if they were coming the same day
    Precisely.
    Comon guys lets be realistic here I mean I would love for the Pre to come out on March 15th but the truth is that it probably won't be till like May 15th. Lets face it every phone that was released with sprint we tend to find out about few months in advance and its March 4th today and if anyone thinks that the phone will be relaeased in 11 days is out of their mind. I mean don't you think sprint would start having them in their system like they have the Treo Pro now. This is seriously getting redicilous.
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Do we know that for certain though either? Palm has not made any official announcements on who is manufacturing the Pre that I've come across.
    Palm is mum on the word on who is manufacturing the Pre, but they have stated who is NOT, and its HTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Way to just kill the date. I'm still holding out. You won't really know until it's 3/15. There's no way to say for certain.
    you remind me of the guy that got a date with a hot girl and upon arriving her house, sees her get into the car with the school quarterback, and instead of accepting the truth, waited outside the door because you think her brother picked her up to run some errands and will be back momentarily. and this is after 4 hours have gone by...
    that release said NOTHING about the Pre - implied or otherwise. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    How about this?

"In case anybody misread previous tweet, the Sprint Treo Pro -- not the Palm Pre -- will be available on March 15."
    less than a minute ago from web

Twitter / palm_inc
    Way to just kill the date. I'm still holding out. You won't really know until it's 3/15. There's no way to say for certain.
    Palm killed it for you, sorry mate.

"In case anybody misread previous tweet, the Sprint Treo Pro -- not the Palm Pre -- will be available on March 15."

Twitter / palm_inc
    When did they say that? Every single tweet by palm in response to people asking when the Pre is coming has said first half of 09. Where did anyone say the first half wasn't happening?
    sorry, I meant, "when you're publicly saying first half of '09, it ain't happening because even as of now they're still saying first half '09"

Meaning, March 15th ain't happening.
    Last edited by mo-bile; 03/04/2009 at 09:36 AM.
    How about this?

Twitter / palm_inc
    They just RUB it in....
  12.    #172  
    How about this?

Twitter / palm_inc
    Ok, that's enough evidence for me. No Pre on the 15th of March. It's certain now. Damn.
    not necessarily. stranger things have happened.
    Stop getting your hopes up. It's not happening on the 15th. this is not how publicly traded companies operate new product launches!

when is the last time a brand new product was just dropped in stores with no press, marketing or announcement of a specific release date? Why would that be a smart way to launch a brand new, revolutionary product that is hopefully going to save your company from going bankrupt?
    Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    sorry, I meant, "when you're publicly saying first half of '09, it ain't happening"

Meaning, March 15th ain't happening.
    Haha oh I see now! Sorry if I may have jumped a bit, mistypes happen all the time
  15.    #175  
    I'm going to be MIA for a little while because this thing is obviously not coming out anytime soon. See you guys in a month or two!
    Oy, TWO threads discussing the Pre's release date now?
    I'm going to be MIA for a little while because this thing is obviously not coming out anytime soon. See you guys in a month or two!
    Good luck not thinking about it! I seem to have trouble going a couple hours
    I was always concerned about battery life with how much it's pushing/pulling data to do what it claims to do. Especially since it uses the same battery of older units.
    And here's a tweet from Palm posted just now:

palm_incIn case anybody misread previous tweet, the Sprint Treo Pro -- not the Palm Pre -- will be available on March 15.
    Satisfied? Or is that still too ambiguous?
    From Palm on Twitter:

palm_incIn case anybody misread previous tweet, the Sprint Treo Pro -- not the Palm Pre -- will be available on March 15.
    End of discussion.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast