Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I went to a Best Buy today. I talked to the guy who was head of the Phone section, then I talked to the Manager. I asked them specifically about the Palm Pre. The both told me the same thing. According to what they are told is the earliest they are going to get the Pre is the end of April. The Manager said he was told middle of May or Later, but he said that the would definitely get out by June. He said that the phone is still in the testing phase and upper management told him they don't have an exact date but late April is the earliest. Oh well, I am being patient, and I can even wait until June
    Sounds like your information is good. Testing is DEFINITELY still underway and will be for AT MINIMUM another 5 or 6 weeks.
    Cary328is I'm glad I can give a chuckle! Satellites colliding because of his sneeze! Priceless.

Okay... So this is something I REALLY did hear from a guy that DOES work in internal testing at Sprint. (He leaked the 4.5os for my Blackberry 8330... Look at crackberry forum posts if you don't believe. So yeah, if he can leak an operating system to the public... Then he has SOME access)

But... Word is that testing has hit a slight snag because of battery issues, and some specific OS problems. By specific... I have NO idea exactely what that means. Word is that it is being quickly addressed and the device shouldn't have to be pushed back too far. But if the final units don't hit warehouses by 3/15... This MAY be the reason why.

History may tell if I'm right or not. DO NOT fry me... This IS from a "a guy who knows a guy". But I do have legit history with this source.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    But... Word is that testing has hit a slight snag because of battery issues, and some specific OS problems. By specific... I have NO idea exactely what that means. Word is that it is being quickly addressed and the device shouldn't have to be pushed back too far. But if the final units don't hit warehouses by 3/15... This MAY be the reason why.
    I believe it. Sounds like valid issues to deal with before launch. Again...Hesse wants this thing to come out perfectly so whatever needs to be fixed will get fixed asap.
    Yeah. I don't think either company could get away with a botched launch. EspecialLy with Palm's numbers looking like they are. Hopefully some more solid info will leak out by mid-month. If the warehouses aren't filled with Pre's by the 15th, then they'll be working on a hardware revision. Egh... Tack on a couple of months if the revisions have to be major fixes.

I doubt they will delay it past June no matter how hard the road may be though. The shareholders will morph into a mob of angry pandas if that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    My buddy that works at Sprint was called in on his day off for a 3 hour meeting. Going to have to ask him what it was all about.
    Hmm, wonder if your buddies meeting has anything to do with what the business rep at my place of employment told me yesterday when I asked for updates? Here's her reply:

haven’t heard anything yet, but we are having a training tomorrow with HTC (the one that makes the Pre), so I will ask them if they have any updates on the release date.
    I didn't think HTC was manufacturing the Pre.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I'll vouch for the goat, I followes the Blackberry update.....
    Sprint and Palm Announce Upcoming Availability of Treo Pro on America's Most Dependable 3G Network: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance
    Now that we know for sure that the pro is releasing on the 15th, what new pre release date rumors will people come up with now?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Hmm, wonder if your buddies meeting has anything to do with what the business rep at my place of employment told me yesterday when I asked for updates? Here's her reply:
    I didn't think HTC was manufacturing the Pre.
    So we know for certain she means the Palm Treo Pro which is made by HTC,

Just goes to show you how deep the confusion is and how much of a distorted bias we have because we are focused on the Pre, when most people with smartphones, including lots of professionals in the businesses of selling smartphones may not even have heard of it.
    Do we know that for certain though either? Palm has not made any official announcements on who is manufacturing the Pre that I've come across.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Not the Pre, ladies and gentlemen. The Pro.

palm_incNEW: Sprint Treo Pro due out March 15: The Official Palm Blog: Sprint Treo Pro Available March 15
    Palm also confirms this via Twitter.

Twitter / palm_inc: NEW: Sprint Treo Pro due o ...

NEW: Sprint Treo Pro due out March 15: The Official Palm Blog: Sprint Treo Pro Available March 15
    Hmm I may pick up a Pro until the Pre comes out
  13.    #153  
    Boo. Boo to you all.
    that release said NOTHING about the Pre - implied or otherwise. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    I think they will want at least 2 months before the Pre comes out, to be able to sell as much as possible, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Could this not have gone in the "March 15th Release Date" thread??
    It is, I posted it there before he made a new thread about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    Not the Pre, ladies and gentlemen. The Pro.

palm_incNEW: Sprint Treo Pro due out March 15: The Official Palm Blog: Sprint Treo Pro Available March 15
    that release said NOTHING about the Pre - implied or otherwise. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    If both the Pre and the Pro were coming out on the same day (March 15th), wouldn't they announce them both on the same day? It does not make sense to announce one earlier than the other if they are both due out the same day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    If both the Pre and the Pro were coming out on the same day (March 15th), wouldn't they announce them both on the same day? It does not make sense to announce one earlier than the other if they are both due out the same day.
    not necessarily. stranger things have happened.
    Comon guys lets be realistic here I mean I would love for the Pre to come out on March 15th but the truth is that it probably won't be till like May 15th. Lets face it every phone that was released with sprint we tend to find out about few months in advance and its March 4th today and if anyone thinks that the phone will be relaeased in 11 days is out of their mind. I mean don't you think sprint would start having them in their system like they have the Treo Pro now. This is seriously getting redicilous.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast