Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Ergh. I really didn't want to start any attacks by re-hashing this thread.

I thank Vruz Reaper for any info at all. Feb. 15th may have been a target date at one time. So it wasn't all wrong IMO.
    I actually like hearing all rumors. Even if they are from stupid BB employees and such. I can use my own judgment to discredit what I wish.

I don't want to throw people who may actually have pertinent information into the flames so they never share info again. That's just not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Ergh. I really didn't want to start any attacks by re-hashing this thread.

I thank Vruz Reaper for any info at all. Feb. 15th may have been a target date at one time. So it wasn't all wrong IMO.
    I actually like hearing all rumors. Even if they are from stupid BB employees and such. I can use my own judgment to discredit what I wish.

I don't want to throw people who may actually have pertinent information into the flames so they never share info again. That's just not cool.
    For the record there is zero correct non public inforamtion from the "source" in question. There is not indication the source exists. If you have ever been in a business where you have to gauge your sources you can see this clear as day.

Spreading ridiculous rumors is not helpful.

I made no attack. I was attacked. I simply pointed out that the entire [phrasing, a source who got a text is classic urban legend and that no one considering the basic facts thinks Feb 15 was an actual date, planned, hoped fore or dreamed of by Palm ever.

I would like to see the evidence of prior predictions from this source that were not public. I have read over the posts and they are not there.
    I like the spreading of release date rumors. And they are only ridiculous if the poster himself made them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    When the "Hype" was up I went to TC 15-20 times a day to read and post but this last week I have only been going 4-8 times a day. Palm needs a home run but at this rate they will not make it to first base. If they do not release till June; Palm needs to forge ahead and continue to release information. on the device
    amen! I was on TC 24/7 for the month following CES. It was nice to get at least a little bit of info about webOS and how to program for it, but other than that, I feel like I haven't heard anything from Palm for weeks. I still check in a few times a day depending on how busy I am, but I'm definitely not checking every 2 minutes like I was before.
  5.    #125  
    I just heard from my cat that the pre is definitely coming out March 15th. Wait...Don't discredit her so fast...she's an insider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I like the spreading of release date rumors. And they are only ridiculous if the poster himself made them up.
    1. How do you discern whether or not the poster made it up?

2. Are you saying, so long as the poster didn't make it up, you're happy that anyone else can make it up and the poster can pass it on in ignorance?

Priceless!

If Palm had truly targeted 15 Feb or 15 Mar as the Pre's planned release date, do you think they would have set a date of "in the first half of 2009" at their unveiling? Their real target after all the testing, approvals, more testing, manufacturing, packaging, shipping was by 30 June for a reason - there's still a lot to be done to get this phone to market.
    Lastdetailwd Haw! I like your cat then! Will your cat be getting it a week before release? If so, make sure she records a full review.

Aero Your posts are always very sensible and logical. The information you post is always insightful and realistic. I like you friend. (Not in the creepy way)

But on that note... Let a goat enjoy silly season. I like unrealistic rumors.

March 15th is almost impossible. There is no advertising, no credible sources, no movements as far as manufacturing or shipping.

But I like to dream. Maybe they are going to have a limited launch, so they don't want to advertise too much right now because of supply issues. Maybe underground ninjas in China are secretly mass producing these suckers... They even have ninja goats filling up the warehouses and stores as we speak. All Sprint store employees are being trained right now on the Pre but are under strict order by Chuck Norris to not say ANYTHING.

Who knows, let a Goat dream.
    I went to a Best Buy today. I talked to the guy who was head of the Phone section, then I talked to the Manager. I asked them specifically about the Palm Pre. The both told me the same thing. According to what they are told is the earliest they are going to get the Pre is the end of April. The Manager said he was told middle of May or Later, but he said that the would definitely get out by June. He said that the phone is still in the testing phase and upper management told him they don't have an exact date but late April is the earliest. Oh well, I am being patient, and I can even wait until June
  9.    #129  
    Sorry, but I'm impatient. I'm not going to lie. I can't wait until late April or May. Maybe I'm immature, so be it. I want my Pre yesterday.
    Who knows, let a Goat dream...

Goats dream of leaves and twigs and grain and grass. Good browse. A well earned cud. Not electronics. No matter how enticing they may be.

Goat herders are another matter entirely.
    ^lmao!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Maybe underground ninjas in China are secretly mass producing these suckers... They even have ninja goats filling up the warehouses and stores as we speak. All Sprint store employees are being trained right now on the Pre but are under strict order by Chuck Norris to not say ANYTHING.

Who knows, let a Goat dream.
    Man Pedro! Even when I can't find some good info on this site about release rumors...it's worth it just reading some of your hilarious posts I mean I agree with the ninja theory - they could very well be stocking up right now. And yes Chuck Norris is holding the training info hostage - which if released by a Sprint employee - they will suffer the same fate as the colliding satellites that Chuck himself caused with a sneeze
    My buddy that works at Sprint was called in on his day off for a 3 hour meeting. Going to have to ask him what it was all about.
  14.    #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    My buddy that works at Sprint was called in on his day off for a 3 hour meeting. Going to have to ask him what it was all about.
    Yes, please do. That could be something.
    How can you waste three entire hours sacking a single person?
    From those mythical lands beyond the great USA...

It is a convergence device not mankind's disc/filmography.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    1. How do you discern whether or not the poster made it up?
    You can't. You take their word for it. You don't live by it, you don't plan your life around it - you scratch your chin and say "hmmm, interesting".

2. Are you saying, so long as the poster didn't make it up, you're happy that anyone else can make it up and the poster can pass it on in ignorance?
    Yes I am. Because the idea is looking for patterns.
    3/15 ain't happening. They would have announced the date by now, there would be marketing, press, leaked photos of units being packed on loading docks in China, etc, etc...They need to have people lining up overnight to get this like the iphone, so just suddenly releasing what is likely the biggest probably most important product launch your company has had in years in 12 days while you're still publicly saying first half of '09 ain't happening.
  18.    #138  
    Way to just kill the date. I'm still holding out. You won't really know until it's 3/15. There's no way to say for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    ..while you're still publicly saying first half of '09 ain't happening.
    When did they say that? Every single tweet by palm in response to people asking when the Pre is coming has said first half of 09. Where did anyone say the first half wasn't happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Way to just kill the date. I'm still holding out. You won't really know until it's 3/15. There's no way to say for certain.
    True except every day that passes without a word makes it less likely. I find it hard to believe Sprint would surprise release it without any marketing (although I think it would be badass if they did).
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast