Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    People are forgetting that the March 15 date was never supposed to be a hard release date, at least in the original rumored information about that date. It was the rumored in-stock date, which BGR said that it probably pointed to a more like Mayish release date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    u dont know... my guy is kinda in a daze in whats going on, he was even supposed to be able to play with one, but he cant anymore for the time being - was gonna make him snap a pic lol.... but there is that EOL list from sprint targeting a 3/15 in stock date. Well see what happens.
    Seriously your guy knows no more more than a phone CSR from his record. He has to be new to stock dates to think the one out there means March 15 for Pre sales release.

This is the person who told you Feb 15 which was impossible at the time.
    What about an April 8th release date now? I'm thinking that 3:01 didn't pan out for March 1st, might as well try 408 for April 8th.
    so u mean it's not getting relesed March 1st?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Here's just more speculation....
    I received an email from the Sprint EVP this morning and it said this....

New phones coming this month, are you eligible? Mid-month EVP will have 4 new phones available and added to the website. Want to see if you are eligible to upgrade to a new handset?
    I called the rep for my company to find out which phone they were talking about and she said the Palm Pro and possibly the Pre. She said that they were told end of Q1/beginning of Q2 for the Palm Pre but she told me not to hold my breath since the Pro is still not out.
    Although I am pretty skeptical, I also was in replacing a charger that my dog chewed through, and the rep I spoke with was making fun of my poor pos Upstage that I am limping along with. I told him I was waiting on the Pre, and he told me that he expects the Pre and Pro to come at the same time in mid-March.

He certainly seems to know both phones pretty well, so there was certainly no confusion between the two. He said he hasn't seen the Pre yet, no store model or anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Seriously your guy knows no more more than a phone CSR from his record. He has to be new to stock dates to think the one out there means March 15 for Pre sales release.

This is the person who told you Feb 15 which was impossible at the time.
    my guy said nothing about eol lists... he didnt even know it exsitest, that was my speculation. He still even has the text from palm employee stating 2/15 targert LAUNCH date.. <<edited>>
    its ppl like u that people like me stop posting any info.

<<edited by berd - Foul Language is Not Allowed at TC in any form.
    The Filters aren't an allowance for that.>>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/03/2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Language and Personal Attack
    Too bad someone here doesn't know anyone who prints the owners manuals for Sprint or product brochures.
    Once those are done, you figure the phone should be close.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMichigan View Post
    The March 15 release date for the Pre is a pipe dream. I think we'll be lucky to get it by mid May. June seems the most likely, although I won't be holding my breath for that either. I really hope Palm does not miss their last best hope to save the company. In the event of sourcing delays, software glitches, financing/cash flow issues or any number of other problems that are not out of the realm of possibility for a new product introduction, significant injury could befall Palm. Our friends at Palm better get this one right. I'm rooting for them but I'm not sure I would be buying Palm stock right now.

When the "Hype" was up I went to TC 15-20 times a day to read and post but this last week I have only been going 4-8 times a day. Palm needs a home run but at this rate they will not make it to first base. If they do not release till June; Palm needs to forge ahead and continue to release information. on the device
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMichigan View Post
    The March 15 release date for the Pre is a pipe dream. I think we'll be lucky to get it by mid May. June seems the most likely, although I won't be holding my breath for that either. I really hope Palm does not miss their last best hope to save the company. In the event of sourcing delays, software glitches, financing/cash flow issues or any number of other problems that are not out of the realm of possibility for a new product introduction, significant injury could befall Palm. Our friends at Palm better get this one right. I'm rooting for them but I'm not sure I would be buying Palm stock right now.

When the "Hype" was up I went to TC 15-20 times a day to read and post but this last week I have only been going 4-8 times a day. Palm needs a home run but at this rate they will not make it to first base. If they do not release till June; Palm needs to forge ahead and continue to release information. on the device
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Too bad someone here doesn't know anyone who prints the owners manuals for Sprint or product brochures.
    Once those are done, you figure the phone should be close.
    Plotkin and Pajcin were also charged with illegally obtaining names of stocks touted in Business Week's ``Inside Wall Street'' column before the magazine shipped from the printer.

A worker at the Wisconsin printing plant, Nickolaus Shuster, pleaded guilty top the scheme in October, admitting he tipped Plotkin and Pajcin to the names of companies about to appear in the magazine. He hasn't been sentenced yet. Juan Renteria, 21, another printer employee, was also charged. His case is pending, Cantwell said after the court hearing.

Watch A Scam Exposed: Strippers and Insider Trading: American Greed Full Length Episodes Online | Free on Fancast
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I got off the phone with the Business CSR and asked her when they expect to have the Pre out and she told me that they have targeted May 5th. She also told me that the might push it up into April but that wasn't decided at this time. They will start getting more info next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy View Post
    I got off the phone with the Business CSR and asked her when they expect to have the Pre out and she told me that they have targeted May 5th. She also told me that the might push it up into April but that wasn't decided at this time. They will start getting more info next month.
    I have no idea on the veracity of her claims, but that sounds like pretty reasonable information to me.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Sounds just like me, I used to check this site bunches of times a day, now much less. I had to look at your post to make sure I didn't write it.lol
    I doubt anything will happen on the 15th for either the Pro or the Pre. There have been no adverts and no press.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I have no idea on the veracity of her claims, but that sounds like pretty reasonable information to me.
    TRANSLATION: It's as good of an uninformed guess as any other.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkaczy
    Did you happen to ask her what she based the May 5th date on? Or did you ask her how many previous Sprint PDA/Smartphones actually released before their target dates? This really sounds like standard business account sales BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Did you happen to ask her what she based the May 5th date on? Or did you ask her how many previous Sprint PDA/Smartphones actually released before their target dates? This really sounds like standard business account sales BS.
    You are assuming the Pre has a target date after May? How do you know this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    what more information other than the release date Palm needs to release? They already demoed the phone, they claim its going to be released within the 1H of 09. The majority of people and I'm talking about sprint customers don't even know what a Pre is other than the tech junkies here which even at 1% of sprint's current 50 mil customers, is 500k and I highly doubt that many people are on the edge of their seats waiting for the Pre. lets face it, sprint's customers are fleeing by the droves and it has nothing to do with the Pre not being released yet. Hell, even Tmo's pathetic lineup of phones added 600K subscribers in 4Q08. the Pre will be released when its released and no amount of whining or moaning or praying is going to make sprint release it any faster. there is a ridiculous amount of work that needs to be done in order for a launch of a new phone with a new OS, let alone a sucessful one.

just looking back at history of new phone launches, when a carrier or manufacturer say 1H or 2H of whichever year, when do you see them coming out in the middle? its usually towards the end or even delayed. Thats how it is and how its going to be.

stop listening to the "a CSR rep or a guy I know that works there told me" threads. the same thing that happened to the 2/15 release threads will happen to the 3/15 release threads.
    my guy said nothing about eol lists... he didnt even know it exsitest, that was my speculation. He still even has the text from palm employee stating 2/15 targert LAUNCH date.. <<edit>>
    What I am pointing too is that you are not posting any accurate information anyway. None at all. Please reference some actual accurate information you had before anyone else. Looking through your posts I see you made a few wrong guesses on the 800w and then guessed the correct guess at the same time as others.

Making an entire series of guesses and posting them as some kind of inside information is not helpful.

I think you or your source is totally making up any claim of a "text" from a Palm employee. That is just laughable BS.The date is irrational and people don't risk their jobs with texts like that -- and Palm would not have thought Feb 15 was a possible date ever.

You just have to follow the comments on the developer side to know that was never possible.

its ppl like u that people like me stop posting any info
    You are not posting info though, just the same false and incorrect info the CSRs confused with the Pro are.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/03/2009 at 03:37 PM.