Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Just found this article supporting a March 15th release:

Palm Pre and March 15 Release Date : Product Reviews Net
    that doesn't give me anymore of a warm fuzzy feeling. Sounds like just more people confusing the Pro and Pre. Now that it seems pretty much confirmed that the Pro will be out on the 15th, we'll probably be hearing even more of those rumors.
    I haven't felt this bummed about a release date since the Blackberry Bold. It was announced in May 2008. Never had a "confirmed" release date, just rumors & speculation. Just like the Pre. After months went by & rumored dates were missed, the phone FINALLY released on November 4th. By then I wasn't interested any more.

I know it's only been almost 2 months...But after what happened with the Bold, I don't wanna have to repeat the feeling.
    They should have announced it at WMC so we wouldn't have had to wait for so long. They are loosing customers by the day because of this.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I haven't felt this bummed about a release date since the Blackberry Bold. It was announced in May 2008. Never had a "confirmed" release date, just rumors & speculation.
    Palm and Sprint needed to announce this. Palm needed to announce it to keep from tanking completely. Given Palms deaths door situation the past year it is understandable.

They then gave a release window which expires on June 30. Which means to rational people that they will try and do it earlier but it is rare to see an early release.

Sprint and especially Palm have an interest in keeping the rumors on release up. If you will notice 90% of the posts on absurd dates like Feb 15, March 01 and March 15 are by people who join one day, and post these rumors (as new threads to get attention) . They are a mix of people who know nothing about the cell phone business talking to CSR all referring to the Pro, with probably a few PRPRPR $hacks$ $from$ $Pam$ $thrown$ $in$. $It$ $is$ $just$ $ignorance$ $and$ $a$ $bit$ $of$ $hype$.

So don't let it get you down. Put into you mind that you wont be disappointed until July 1, and consider that things may go well and we see it in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    They should have announced it at WMC so we wouldn't have had to wait for so long. They are loosing customers by the day because of this.
    Nope the rumors are good for Palm and Sprint. chances are you wanted the girl who teased the daylights out of you.

Pick up a book on using seduction theory in marketing. this is all classic stuff: Its almost here, you can almost touch it...wait not yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    Nope the rumors are good for Palm and Sprint. chances are you wanted the girl who teased the daylights out of you.

Pick up a book on using seduction theory in marketing. this is all classic stuff: Its almost here, you can almost touch it...wait not yet...
    Well then they are going to have to watch as people change their mind and go buy an iPhone.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

If they want an iphone, they'll do it regardless. Let em..lol
    yes, seduction worked so well for verizon and the storm right? BWAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If they want an iphone, they'll do it regardless. Let em..lol
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmefoc View Post
    yes, seduction worked so well for verizon and the storm right? BWAHAHAHAHA
    Actually it worked out well for them. They took Sprint customers away the entire time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Do you have any data to support this, I mean other than anecdotal data?
    Exactly.

Actually it worked out well for them. They took Sprint customers away the entire time.
    Verizon almost got me with the Storm. I was going to switch to Verizon until they announced the Pre at CES. I literally was going to go that Saturday and buy a Storm, but thankfully they announced the Pre on Thursday at CES.
    Exactly.

Sprint lost those customers because they are sprint, and they were losing them BEFORE the storm, whacky little spin job though.
    Sprint lost those customers because they are sprint, and they were losing them BEFORE the storm, whacky little spin job though.
    ... and Sprint's customer losses continued to accelerate after the Storm came out. The real irony is Sprint customers have free roaming on Verizon networks in many areas, but they'd rather spend more with Verizon than deal with Sprint.
    Twitter response from Palm:
    "@future_hue Those darn voices in your head. (Beware the Ides of March, btw: http://tinyurl.com/blzxkm"
    (Ides of March - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Original from @future_hue: "@palm_inc - these are the voices i hear: http://tinyurl.com/btwlbk"
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Do you have any data to support this, I mean other than anecdotal data?
    Nah just a mental note.

We're getting pretty close to this.

Is there any hope?

I'm going to be a sad goat until June aren't I...
    No commercials, no ads of any kind so far. I believe March 15th isn't happening
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    No commercials, no ads of any kind so far. I believe March 15th isn't happening
    u dont know... my guy is kinda in a daze in whats going on, he was even supposed to be able to play with one, but he cant anymore for the time being - was gonna make him snap a pic lol.... but there is that EOL list from sprint targeting a 3/15 in stock date. Well see what happens.
    wacky spin job? Storm took Sprint customers .they lost a lot because of Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    ... and Sprint's customer losses continued to accelerate after the Storm came out.
    Thank you. On sprint users there as a lot if interest in storm
    Yep, sprint got hit in waves. Palm got old. Then the iphone gave the first punch and followed with another punch with the 3g one. G1 and Storm gave shots as well. Sprint's top smartphones (most recent ones) were basically more business oriented..touch pro and diamond. The main consumer one continued to be the piece of garbage Instinct.

The Pre should help if they can produce enough sometime this century. Wouldn't hurt if they got some other phones too though especially an android one.
    The March 15 release date for the Pre is a pipe dream. I think we'll be lucky to get it by mid May. June seems the most likely, although I won't be holding my breath for that either. I really hope Palm does not miss their last best hope to save the company. In the event of sourcing delays, software glitches, financing/cash flow issues or any number of other problems that are not out of the realm of possibility for a new product introduction, significant injury could befall Palm. Our friends at Palm better get this one right. I'm rooting for them but I'm not sure I would be buying Palm stock right now.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast