Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 206
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574 View Post
    The March 15th palm phone is for the PRO not the PRE. Its the official SPRINT launch for the Pro... SOrry for the bad news.
    how do you know that? whats your source? not according to engadget

    Palm "Pro" shows up in March Best Buy Mobile ad for $249 - Engadget
  2. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #42  
    Since the on high muckity-mucks at both Sprint and Palm have stated that they will have a large marketing campaign before launch, I find it hard to believe that the phone will be launched in a little over 3 weeks. I'm thinking April or May (maybe even June) are much more probable.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    Since the on high muckity-mucks at both Sprint and Palm have stated that they will have a large marketing campaign before launch, I find it hard to believe that the phone will be launched in a little over 3 weeks. I'm thinking April or May (maybe even June) are much more probable.
    When did they say that?
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the Rep told me that Feb 15 was the original launch date for the Pre but it was changed to March 15.
    This tells you for 100% certain the rep was confused or lying. There were no large advertising reserves for Sprint for early FEb. There is no way on earth the CES launch would have said first half if it Feb 15 was even though possibile back in December, never mind at CES.

    The rep was referring to the Pro, everything you have said is consistent with Pro.

    Sprints next large ad reserves are for APRIL. They have the ability to to move it back to May but not the ability to move it to March.
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This tells you for 100% certain the rep was confused or lying. There were no large advertising reserves for Sprint for early FEb. There is no way on earth the CES launch would have said first half if it Feb 15 was even though possibile back in December, never mind at CES.

    The rep was referring to the Pro, everything you have said is consistent with Pro.

    Sprints next large ad reserves are for APRIL. They have the ability to to move it back to May but not the ability to move it to March.
    How do you know that they are set for april
  6. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    When did they say that?
    I'll have to search back in some of the articles and post quotes or links. I just remember reading statements saying that they intended to give the Pre a pre-marketing (no pun intended. But funny none the less) campaign.
  7.    #47  
    Oh alright. I don't remember seeing anything like that but I probably missed it.
  8. #48  
    The Sprint rep may be right or may be wrong, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. There were, apparently, more than a few Sprint reps saying Feb 15, and they were all wrong.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9. #49  
    Hmmmmm... My birthday is April 23rd, this may play out just right for the Goat.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  10. #50  
    How are you getting these Sprint reps to say this stuff? I've contacted them 4 times trying to act ignorant about the subject and ask for a tentative release date or estimation. The best I can get out of them is always, "Before July." I just tried again and couldn't squeeze a drop of info out of the Premier upgrade line. Couldn't even get her to give an estimation.

    Maybe I should call and start badgering them that a Sprint representative told me Feb. 15th and that I am angry! CAN I SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE!? Then keep working my way up until I get one of them to talk. Haw!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The Sprint rep may be right or may be wrong, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. There were, apparently, more than a few Sprint reps saying Feb 15, and they were all wrong.
    but were they really wrong? this seems to jibe with what Sprint Rep told me today. the original target WAS Feb 15 but it was MOVED to March 15 due to tweaks/logistics.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    How are you getting these Sprint reps to say this stuff? I've contacted them 4 times trying to act ignorant about the subject and ask for a tentative release date or estimation. The best I can get out of them is always, "Before July." I just tried again and couldn't squeeze a drop of info out of the Premier upgrade line. Couldn't even get her to give an estimation.

    Maybe I should call and start badgering them that a Sprint representative told me Feb. 15th and that I am angry! CAN I SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR PLEASE!? Then keep working my way up until I get one of them to talk. Haw!
    personal charm. you either have it or you don't.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    but were they really wrong? this seems to jibe with what Sprint Rep told me today. the original target WAS Feb 15 but it was MOVED to March 15 due to tweaks/logistics.
    Maybe they are still confusing Pre with Pro?
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Maybe they are still confusing Pre with Pro?
    you guys are killing me with this.

    I asked the Rep 3 times to confirm - "Pre not Pro, correct?" and he confirmed back - "Yes sir - the new one - with the keyboard that slides down."
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    personal charm. you either have it or you don't.
    I'm a very nice guy and know how to manipulate people. Trust me... I've been bartending for 8 years. If I don't know how to charm people when talking to them then I just need to go bury myself. Maybe I just need to be mean.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    you guys are killing me with this.

    I asked the Rep 3 times to confirm - "Pre not Pro, correct?" and he confirmed back - "Yes sir - the new one - with the keyboard that slides down."
    Sorry
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I'm a very nice guy and know how to manipulate people. Trust me... I've been bartending for 8 years. If I don't know how to charm people when talking to them then I just need to go bury myself. Maybe I just need to be mean.
    leave the fancy smooth talkin' to us city slickers.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Sorry
    no worries. i just keep getting that response from everyone - and it's a sore spot because i purposely questioned the guy 3 times to make sure it was the Pre and not the Pro - almost to the point of being obnoxious. the fact that he mentioned the sliding keyboard confirmed it for me - he knew of them both and he knew the difference. i even spelled it out for him - "P-R-E - Pre - with an E".
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    leave the fancy smooth talkin' to us city slickers.
    I grew up in Dallas dangit! I just need to find the right rep. I'll leave that up to you I suppose. Well here's hoping for a March 15th release date. I would still be pretty suprised to see it though due to the lack of advertising and movement. Who knows though, they may be waiting for post-release advertising to avoid suply issues. They know if they need to advertise or not at this point. They may not have enough of these phones to satisfy everyone off the bat, so it may be intentional that they are not reving up a huge ad campaign.

    I suppose we'll see.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    I grew up in Dallas dangit! I just need to find the right rep. I'll leave that up to you I suppose. Well here's hoping for a March 15th release date. I would still be pretty suprised to see it though due to the lack of advertising and movement. Who knows though, they may be waiting for post-release advertising to avoid suply issues. They know if they need to advertise or not at this point. They may not have enough of these phones to satisfy everyone off the bat, so it may be intentional that they are not reving up a huge ad campaign.

    I suppose we'll see.
    just bustin' your chops a little. kerrville - i had to Google maps that one.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions