Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well, I was at a Sprint Store yesterday because my buddy was buying a Touch Pro, and they had a box display of the Treo Pro there, no date on it or anything though.
    Poor bugger, HTC just launched the TP2.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    TP2 wont be out till end of 2Q looks nice! so does the new Acer phones

the hell with the pre! few more weeks and they are old news!
    There's tons of new phones coming out... "problem" with most of them is more WinMo. Had that for a while, need something new, and I am not talking about WinMo 6.5

The TP2 won't come out until the second half of the year, makes me wonder if it will have Windows Mobile 6.5 or 6.1 on it? From the videos I saw, it had 6.1, and HTC reached a little deeper into the OS using Touch Flo.

My buddy needed a new phone now and he didn't pay full price for it either. He went from some clamshell phone antenna to the Touch Pro....so yeah...he's happy, except for the lousy battery life.

One thing that did disappoint me on the Pre was and still is the resolution. Why do we get to **** around with half VGA when both the first Diamond and Touch Pro have VGA, and the new ones are getting WVGA! Granted, they only get 65k colors vs the Pre's 24 bit color, but still.... Is it a limitation of the capacitive screen?
    I believe it does have something to do with the capacitive screen actually. Maybe I'm wrong, I thought I had read somewhere that the iPhone's resolution had to stay relatively low to accommodate the capacitive screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    The rep i spoke with knew the difference between the phones. She even pulled up the Pre page at sprint.com
    I think its because you really want to believe it and convinced yourself. you know the saying. "people see what they want to see".
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I think its because you really want to believe it and convinced yourself. you know the saying. "people see what they want to see".
    Is the March 15 date still valid for release of our "Pre"? No information, no new rumors; lol we are all wishing, starving for some tidbits to get our hopes ups again. Is the rumor from Boy Genius on the in stock phones dates; have any validity? Or was this a doctored document?
    BGR tends to be pretty solid as far as their info goes. That doc was just "target dates" though. Sprint and Palm may have changed that date 300 times since that doc got leaked. Also, just because they are stocked in warehouses doesn't mean that March 15th will be the release date.

Who knows man. Just keep watching your e mail until you get the special e mail announcing the gold at the end of the rainbow.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    BGR has been saying May for quite a while - even after the EOL doc was leaked. In addition, I noticed that the Palm demo guy in the most recent video said that they would have more info about being able to update info on multiple destinations "closer to launch". That tells me that we are not "close to launch" now. Bummer.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loogie View Post
    BGR has been saying May for quite a while - even after the EOL doc was leaked. In addition, I noticed that the Palm demo guy in the most recent video said that they would have more info about being able to update info on multiple destinations "closer to launch". That tells me that we are not "close to launch" now. Bummer.
    I think it means that you can't add a calendar entry to more than one calendar at a time (or he really didn't know the answer to the question) and the guy was talking his way out of a jam.
    merge this sucker
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    BGR has posted numerous dates for the Blackberry Bold. Not his fault for the wrong dates since ATT kept pushing the dates back. Same thing here, BGR has no control over what Sprint does and Sprint could push dates back as many times or often as they please. BGR can only report what he learns. I just don't like seeing people setting themselves up for disappointment, I know how that feels.
    March 15, $299

http://tinyurl.com/csahg9
    I couldn't wait any longer for an unlocked GSM version so I splerged on an unlocked dev G1. This should hold me over until then.
    Great news Gekko! I've waited for Feb 15, how hoping for Mar 15 and somewhere round there for the EU
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    That has as much credibility as Feb 15.
    Good post Gekko. 299$ price point seems a bit high. I'm DEFINATELY willing to pay it though. Doesn't really suprise me considering the Touch Pro's price. For some odd reason I assumed a 199$ price point.

I'm not extremely trusting of Sprint reps though. They sure shot us in the foot as far as Feb. 15th goes. How did you get this nugget of info? Random call on the issue? Everytime I've contacted Sprint I've gotten the "Before July" speech. Also the "Pre-ordering will be available when we announce an official release date." speech.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Good post Gekko. 299$ price point seems a bit high. I'm DEFINATELY willing to pay it though. Doesn't really suprise me considering the Touch Pro's price. For some odd reason I assumed a 199$ price point.

I'm not extremely trusting of Sprint reps though. They sure shot us in the foot as far as Feb. 15th goes. How did you get this nugget of info? Random call on the issue? Everytime I've contacted Sprint I've gotten the "Before July" speech. Also the "Pre-ordering will be available when we announce an official release date." speech.
    the Rep told me that Feb 15 was the original launch date for the Pre but it was changed to March 15. i simply called and said i was a "Premier" Sprint member looking to upgrade to the Pre and wanted some info on release date and price. i questioned him 3 times to confirm it was "Pre" and not "Pro" and he said "yes sir - the new one with the pull down keyboard." i'm confident that the TARGET launch date is now March 15 and the target price is $299. HOWEVER, that could change if the logistics change or if some last minute pricing epiphany happens - which would probably be done through a higher rebate. we shall see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    the Rep told me that Feb 15 was the original launch date for the Pre but it was changed to March 15. i simply called and said i was a "Premier" Sprint member looking to upgrade to the Pre and wanted some info on release date and price. i questioned him 3 times to confirm it was "Pre" and not "Pro" and he said "yes sir - the new one with the pull down keyboard." i'm confident that the TARGET launch date is now March 15 and the target price is $299. HOWEVER, that could change if the logistics change or if some last minute pricing epiphany happens - which would probably be done through a higher rebate. we shall see!

Cool. If it does launch March 15th then it will have been the biggest ninja launch I've ever witnessed. To keep it this deep underwraps without an official leak would be astounding. I sure would be a happy critter. I hope that if the price point is 299$ it doesn't kill off too many potential buyers. Most people aren't willing to hike over the 199$ price point.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    think of what you're getting for $299! a pretty powerful device! i know the competition is the iphone and the BB, but compare the Pre to the original $299 Palm Pilot 1000 of not that long ago! we've come a long way!

Pilot 1000 Retrospective
    The March 15th palm phone is for the PRO not the PRE. Its the official SPRINT launch for the Pro... SOrry for the bad news.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast