Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mo-bile View Post
    From Palm on Twitter:

End of discussion.
    Being that is the second time that's been posted in this thread alone, maybe we can get it posted a few more times in attempt to "end the discussion"?
    And here's a tweet from Palm posted just now:

Satisfied? Or is that still too ambiguous?
    Already been posted in this thread. But thanks.

And no, that doesn't address March 16th. Or March 17th. So we can aim at those dates now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Already been posted in this thread. But thanks.
    Where?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Do we know that for certain though either? Palm has not made any official announcements on who is manufacturing the Pre that I've come across.
    Yes, for certain it is not HTC
    Where?
    Here, by yours truly.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/1564955-post158.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Pflaumen View Post
    I stand corrected...that's the speed of news these days...
    Why oh why won't they let us know when the PRE will be out?
    Good luck not thinking about it! I seem to have trouble going a couple hours
    I agree...It is almost a quest to just find out when the darn thing will be released!
    From Palm on Twitter:

End of discussion.
    End of discussion.

Now, what about March 16th?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    The only logical answer at this point is that they simply don't know.

Palm's job is to get as many manufactured as fast as they can, and fix bugs Sprint is currently finding.

Sprint's job is to look at how many Pre's they have made, their bug count, and decide when to release.

Obviously Sprint doesn't have enough Pre's or enough bug fixes to make a decision on release.

I really do believe that if Sprint suddenly had 2 million Pre's sitting in a warehouse tomorrow, and hadn't found any more bad bugs in a couple weeks, they would release it next week.
    How about this?

"In case anybody misread previous tweet, the Sprint Treo Pro -- not the Palm Pre -- will be available on March 15."
    less than a minute ago from web

Twitter / palm_inc
    ouch
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    But...

¤sniff¤

Can I pleez haz Pre March 15th?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    The only logical answer at this point is that they simply don't know.

Palm's job is to get as many manufactured as fast as they can, and fix bugs Sprint is currently finding.

Sprint's job is to look at how many Pre's they have made, their bug count, and decide when to release.

Obviously Sprint doesn't have enough Pre's or enough bug fixes to make a decision on release.

I really do believe that if Sprint suddenly had 2 million Pre's sitting in a warehouse tomorrow, and hadn't found any more bad bugs in a couple weeks, they would release it next week.
    This is sound thinking. I agree. They just don't know yet. You have to think with the late bug found on the Treo Pro (we should agree around here to call it by its proper name, Treo Pro, rather than just Pro), they are making extra sure with the Pre to avoid a similar late bug find. But I'm starting to think that May 15th sounds pretty good--with the Treo Pro coming on March 15th, Sprint and Palm will both have more resources to devote to the Pre testing and launch. They have to be shooting for something a little earlier than June 30th to give themselves cushion.
    they even replaced the homepage of Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses to show the Pro instead of the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    that would imply "THEY" know the answer which they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    they even replaced the homepage of Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses to show the Pro instead of the Pre.
    yea, I just saw that. It was kinda sad to see, but I understand it since the Sprint Treo Pro will be out in just over a week and they can use a bit of advertising.
    I'm so sad right now I was really looking forward to the Ides Of March. I must be driving my wife nuts looking for any sort of update on these forums every single night. Oh well. I guess waiting for something that will be close to perfect should be worth it.
    Hopefully, the pre can deliver. Honestly with all the pre hype, its going to be difficult for the pre to live up to everyone's expectations?
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Maaann.... I'm so confused now... I'm almost losing my Pre-high....
    Quote Originally Posted by jknorr View Post
    Maaann.... I'm so confused now... I'm almost losing my Pre-high....
    Yup, the wait is already destroying their sales and will make a big impact on their 2009 finances.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast