Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-pre-e...tions-answered

    Plenty of nuggets of information for ya, too.
  2. #2  
    nice, very cool and the fact that it's a GSM version must mean they are close to europe launch too.

    thank god. I couldn't bear 6-9 month wait for it.

    the only thing I didn't quite understand was the bit you said about the alarm app or lack of one.

    do you mean it won't have an alarm clock built in?

    damn, I use my phone for that every day as my bedside alarm clock.
  3. #3  
    Yes!!! We like!!! Especially if it has a flavour of GSM in it.

    And it's a good thing they left out the alarm clock. We can surely have a wide range of alarm clock apps from independent developers to choose from. This would probably kick-start the webOS economy... That's what the eco-system is all about?

    - mvk
  4. #4  
    So why would they not go with the full editing version of DTG? Do you think it's a limitation of the Pre or reluctance on DataViz's part (wanting you to pay up for an upgrade)?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #5  
    Knowing DataViz, prob the latter.
  6. #6  
    The no alarm app is questionable
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  7. #7  
    I have a question which maybe I've read the answer to and just don't remember. With Yahoo being shown as a launch partner during CES, what role do they play since they've now said at MWC that synergy services are currently only supported by Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Exchange? Where does Yahoo fit in?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  8. #8  
    I am not the corporate type, but in a nutshell....what is PUSH email? Also, when it was said that Yahoo and Hotmail are not supported, but you can go to them using Pop3, what does that mean? Is that the same way I get Yahoo mail using Pop3 on Pocket Outlook on my WinMo phone, or does that mean I actually have to surf to their website and do webmail?
  9. jeromem75's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I am not the corporate type, but in a nutshell....what is PUSH email? Also, when it was said that Yahoo and Hotmail are not supported, but you can go to them using Pop3, what does that mean? Is that the same way I get Yahoo mail using Pop3 on Pocket Outlook on my WinMo phone, or does that mean I actually have to surf to their website and do webmail?
    In a simple terms, push email would be instant emails. you are always connected to your mail service.

    For hotmail, it will not be instant mails but you would have to choose how often you want your phone to download your mails.(for example every 5 min etc..)
    You don't have to surf to the yahoo/hotmail site to get your email.
  10. #10  
    Unfortunately, POP3 also means that when you view an item on your device, it doesn't automatically sync back to the server as viewed, when you delete something on your device, it doesn't get deleted off the server, etc.

    IMAP is a much more efficient way of handling your email if you'll be checking it from multiple locations, like your phone and a computer.
  11. #11  
    I know this may sound noob-ish, but as I don't use imap, I simpliy don't know. What is "IMAP IDLE"?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    I know this may sound noob-ish, but as I don't use imap, I simpliy don't know. What is "IMAP IDLE"?
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you know you can google it?

    In e-mail technology, IDLE is an IMAP feature described in RFC 2177 that allows a client to indicate to the server that it is ready to accept real-time notifications.
  13. nlowhor's Avatar
    Posts
    440 Posts
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    #13  
    Dieter, I would love to see some pics of the Tasks app and associated menus. Will you have any more time around the Pre with a chance to do that? Thanks!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you know you can google it?
    Was just a simple question that had little priority to me and figured if someone offhand knew then they could briefly enlighten me. No offence was intended.
  15. #15  
    Knowing DataViz... it'll expect users to upgrade.

    My concern is if the iPhone apps so cheap, are they (new WebOS users) willing to pay what DataViz has gotten us *suckers* I mean D2G users to pay in the past?
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

    justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmg_P1OS21 View Post
    Knowing DataViz... it'll expect users to upgrade.

    My concern is if the iPhone apps so cheap, are they (new WebOS users) willing to pay what DataViz has gotten us *suckers* I mean D2G users to pay in the past?
    Docs2Go is a heck of a lot cheaper than Microsoft Office, yet has relatively complete support for viewing and editing the latest Office docs - and manages this on devices with a fraction of the CPU, memory, and display resources as a PC.

    There are plenty of mobile apps that aren't worth the money, but I have to give DataViz their due - they produce an amazing product.
  17. #17  
    nice
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  18. #18  
    A GSM?
    That's pretty quick.
    Just call me Berd.
  19. #19  
  20. Rhody's Avatar
    Posts
    703 Posts
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    I have a question which maybe I've read the answer to and just don't remember. With Yahoo being shown as a launch partner during CES, what role do they play since they've now said at MWC that synergy services are currently only supported by Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Exchange? Where does Yahoo fit in?
    I think this is extremely disappointing. The Pre isn't the magical device they presented it as earlier. The Pre isn't accessing the cloud, it's accessing a very small portion of the cloud. As far as Synergy is concerned, Facebook is only good for contacts. LinkedIn is what it is.

    So basically, the Pre will synergize EAS corporate PIM data and Google PIM data.

    Big whoop!

    That's a far cry from "any canonical data source," which is what they mentioned earlier. I was skeptical then, and I'm very disappointed now. I don't have Exchange and I don't use Google. What good is this device to me? I was expecting the Pre to access EAS, Google, Windows Live services, Yahoo! services including Zimbra, and others. At launch, the Pre will do nothing more than the G1 does as far as synergy goes.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions