Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am considering buying the rough cut, but am holding off until there is more. Apparently, the first chapter is all that's available currently even if you buy it.

I also registered for the O'Reilly session next week. We'll see how much we learn there. I submitted suggestions for the content...and am hoping that we get a "hello world" example that includes setting up a card/stage, changing scenes, utilizing both banner and popup notifications, persistence and accessing device services. Some visibility into IDE plugins, the emulator, the deployment model, and IP protection would also be nice...but we'll see.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    It would be very, very nice to see an Eclipse plug-in or whatever.
    Yes, agreed. An Eclipse (or Aptana Studio) plugin would be very nice to see Guess that might only become a possibility once the phone is established.
    The chapter mentions both - plugins for Eclipse and Aptana Studio.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    I know this first chapter doesn't mention it, but does anyone know what the cost for the SDK or developer network or whatever will be?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I know this first chapter doesn't mention it, but does anyone know what the cost for the SDK or developer network or whatever will be?
    The developer network and the SDK have always been free in the past, I doubt that will change. What is being charged for is that book, which isn't officially part of the SDK.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Got the email notification this evening.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12